super_slash said:
you're right, it has nothing to do with the subject of the thread

sorry

Its all good, I wasn't trying to be hostile or anything. :wink:

sorry dude, I just didn't want to start another thread to ask the question

super_slash said:
sorry dude, I just didn't want to start another thread to ask the question

No need to apologize. :D

Wish we knew what Saban and Co. thought about the QB prospects.

SCall13 said:
It's not so much that I don't want Cutler, but I don't want him to be our 1st round pick. We have too many needs and there are much "surer" impact players to be had with our pick at 16. The gamble on Cutler at 16 would be too big a risk. Too much other talent to pass up for that great an "IF"

This is my feeling too, nicely said. I would love to draft 3 impact players in rounds 1,2,3 then draft a qb in the 4th.

Saban2005 said:
This is my feeling too, nicely said. I would love to draft 3 impact players in rounds 1,2,3 then draft a qb in the 4th.

What position has a bigger impact than QB?

Carson Palmer struggled in the senior bowl like Cutler did, so you can't judge a guy on one game. Matt leinart will not be a bust.

MiamiHitman said:
No QB is a finished product, but some are further along than others. Even the die-hard Cutler fans admit that Cutler will be a work-in-progress that could take years to tap into his potential, if ever.

So if Cutler is a development project, then why spend a 1st round pick on him when we have holes in other areas of the team where the drafted player can contribute much sooner? Then the development project QB can be taken in a later round with much less risk.

exactamundo! Almost all QB's take time to develope into the pros. some are thrown into the fire because the team sucks and you might as well let them work through the growing pains. Sometimes, as in Rothlisbergers case, you have an injury to the starter and its time for the new kid to get thrown to the fire.

That is what I see happening with Gus here that is really to our advantage with a rookie QB. If you bring Mcnair or someone else as FA who was a PB, then you have to deal with ego issues. Cutler needs to be coached like anyone else and that is the real crapshoot. If his head is already believeing the press clipping however, that is a problem to me.

westcoastfinfan said:
Carson Palmer struggled in the senior bowl like Cutler did, so you can't judge a guy on one game. Matt leinart will not be a bust.

And what year is this for Palmer as a pro? I believe its his third year this past year? Thats how long it ussually takes to become great no matter where your drafted. Guys like Marino, Brady, rothlisberger are exceptions, but those guys didnt come in believing they were great, they came in with something to prove.

Back
Top Bottom