I dont want cutler | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont want cutler

SCall13 said:
It's not so much that I don't want Cutler, but I don't want him to be our 1st round pick. We have too many needs and their much "surer" impact players to be had with our pick at 16. The gamble on Cutler at 16 would be too big a risk. Too much other talent to pass up for that great an "IF"
I agree.

BlueFin said:
Should we base it on your opinion of Cutler or Sabans opinion?

If Saban does move up and draft him, we would have to assume Saban thought it was worth it right? Do you trust him to draft football players for this team?

Blue you know logic and thought are foreign things around these boards.

SCall13 said:
It's not so much that I don't want Cutler, but I don't want him to be our 1st round pick. We have too many needs and their much "surer" impact players to be had with our pick at 16. The gamble on Cutler at 16 would be too big a risk. Too much other talent to pass up for that great an "IF"

There is a big "IF" and risk attached to ANY prospect drafted in the 1st round. Your not in a position to tell any of us that there are "surer" players than Cutler to be had.

If we draft Cutler I'll be excited because the people who are paid to assess talent have decided Cutler is a prospect worthy of a first round pick.

If we pass on Cutler I'll be happy as well because the people that are really in the know decided to pass on him.

It's hard to judge by one game, but Cutler did look shaky in the senior bowl and wasn't helped by 3-4 drops on good throws. I will say that he does have an NFL arm and probably all the skills necessary to be successful with good coaching. That's really the key for a young quarterback. Definitely needs work on his decision-making, though. He is intriguing, but not sure moreso than Croyle and Whitehurst who look to be had in the 2-3 round range.

Trekbiz said:
There is a big "IF" and risk attached to ANY prospect drafted in the 1st round. Your not in a position to tell any of us that there are "surer" players than Cutler to be had.

If we draft Cutler I'll be excited because the people who are paid to assess talent have decided Cutler is a prospect worthy of a first round pick.

If we pass on Cutler I'll be happy as well because the people that are really in the know decided to pass on him.

I don't recall saying that I was in a position to TELL you to agree with anything. But it IS a fact that early picks in other areas, such as offensive lineman, D-lineman, LBs, and DBs have panned out at a much higher rate than have first round QBs. You don't have to share my opinion on who we should draft. But there are MUCH lower risks than a QB in the 1st round and that's a fact.

SCall13 said:
But it IS a fact that early picks in other areas, such as offensive lineman, D-lineman, LBs, and DBs have panned out at a much higher rate than have first round QBs. You don't have to share my opinion on who we should draft. But there are MUCH lower risks than a QB in the 1st round and that's a fact.

It's a fact in your world, I'm not buying it.
I'd also like to hear what exactly "panning out" means in your example.

ANY first round prospect is a risk because of the salary attached to them. Dosen't matter which position.
To say one position flops at a much higher rate than others dosen't make sense.

SCall13 said:
I don't recall saying that I was in a position to TELL you to agree with anything. But it IS a fact that early picks in other areas, such as offensive lineman, D-lineman, LBs, and DBs have panned out at a much higher rate than have first round QBs. You don't have to share my opinion on who we should draft. But there are MUCH lower risks than a QB in the 1st round and that's a fact.
it's a fact for previous QB selections in the first round. that's history. it doesn't make it a bygone that all future first round QBs carry the same risk factor. i'm not big on risk anyway. you gotta take risks. playing it safe gets you nowhere with the draft. if you're too scared to take a risk it's because you're not confident in your decision.

The Dolphins havent drafted a QB in the first round since DAN THE MAN. Cutler has all the tools. If he is there, take him, we need a good QB to bring into the system. Then we can look to our other holes in the next rounds

playmaker1 said:
The Dolphins havent drafted a QB in the first round since DAN THE MAN. Cutler has all the tools. If he is there, take him, we need a good QB to bring into the system. Then we can look to our other holes in the next rounds

Its like your reading my mind or something. :wink:

SCall13 said:
It's not so much that I don't want Cutler, but I don't want him to be our 1st round pick. We have too many needs and there are much "surer" impact players to be had with our pick at 16. The gamble on Cutler at 16 would be too big a risk. Too much other talent to pass up for that great an "IF"

exactly... i rather draft michael huff in the 1st and jacobs later on in the 3rd... i see huff coming in and making in impact like ed reed did for the ravens and sean for the redskins

was Mularkey at the Senior Bowl?

if he was then either Saban is putting up a smokescreen or Mularkey told him that Cutler's footwork issues were just a minor thing

super_slash said:
was Mularkey at the Senior Bowl?

if he was then either Saban is putting up a smokescreen or Mularkey told him that Cutler's footwork issues were just a minor thing

What makes you say that?

What makes you say that?

a. it's Cutler's major drawback
b. assuming that Saban's interest is genuine
c. Mularkey is the defacto QB expert

No, I mean what was that comment in reference to? It kinda came outta nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom