I hate this Coaching staff! They let Ricky go to the Ravens? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate this Coaching staff! They let Ricky go to the Ravens?

I have no problem with us not resigning Ricky although if something happens to Thomas , Bush is not an everydown back. None of the other guys on the roster have shown they are good enough to be a backup runningback much less a starting runningback. My problem is how people on this board are saying he was not good or washed up last year. Are u sure u watched the right jersey number he wears 34 not 23. Ricky was still a good back last year, did not start one game yet almost lead the team in rushing. Ricky one season ago finished in the top 10 in rushing with a pretty less than average line so I see no evidence that he has became such a bad back. The fact is he is 34 but he still is in great shape and has shown no signs of regressing to a level of not being a good back. funny how he is so washed up yet had more rushing yards last year than Bush has had in any one season and more yards in his last three years than Bush has in his career.

What team splits the "load" with more than 2 backs?" Couple years ago it was basically ONE running back and maybe some scrub incase the main guy needed a breather, Thomas carried the "load" at Kansas State, Bush carried the load at USC until they got down into the redzone where Lendale White took the carries

Lex Hilliard is on the roster for a reason and he has from all reports been running hard in camp, and Kory Sheets and Nic Grigsby are still there adding more speed and depth

How many carries Lex have last year? Reggie put in a full season last year?

We have to grab another guy with some experience to stay behind Reggie and Daniel in case someone goes down. I thought Ricky would come cheap and be that guy...if he's not, best of luck Ricky, but I still believe we need another RB. And with our questionable QB play...it would be nice to have a deep RB stable. We don't have a reliable deep RB core, that's a lot of pressure to put on our new RB if Bush goes down.

Who has this FO let go that went somewhere else and tore it up?

Eh, I'll miss him and I would have liked to keep him but I'm not heartbroken. And I'm happy for him merely for the fact that he went to a team that's closer to the SB than we are. Good for him.

I would have kept him for a host of reasons:

He was fairly productive last season in a terrible offensive system
He has proportionally fewer miles on the clock than some 29-30 year old RBs
He could have flourished in the new system where we run outside the line more than through it
He seems to be a positive influence in the dressing room, ESP with some of the kookier elements like Marshall
If you're going to take offense at his comments, then you better run the show like the military, zero subordination, zero disobedience. Then you better cut 30% of the roster. Fact is he can still be an important presence in the dressing room without reading off the same page as the coaches.
He's a mentoring type, as shown with Marshall.
He's cheap.

I can only think that Hilliard or Sheets are finally showing enough promise to be good enough cover.

I've been on the wagon since I was born, you get off if you can't realize that this coach and GM has made very bad decisions. Baltimore continually makes the playoffs because of smart moves like picking up players like Ricky when stupid staffs throw them away. Heck they even have Cam Cameron and he is considered a very good OC so when are we gonna start getting guys that will make an impact instead of signing backups from other teams? Its people like you that are BIG FANS when we win or something goes good but if we do bad you just jump off, not everything is good in Dolphinland because Henne had a good practice... Ricky was a great pick up for Baltimore and you will see he will flourish...

If every played football. LOL! Its spell check dummy use it. Cry me a river about some washed up running back leaving us, he burned his bridge here.

Back
Top Bottom