I have just witnessed the single worst piece of officiating I have ever seen! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have just witnessed the single worst piece of officiating I have ever seen!

maddendude said:
My point is just that the call shouldnt decide the game,and potentially it could have. And they really werent sure bout the play. It truely was 50/50 to them.

And I think we're talking bout the wrong plays...Im talking bout the false start thing.

FALSE START or OFF SIDES??? Which is the REAL question???:sidelol:

FINintheMOON said:
Now now NYPHINFAN... Don't you think you are being a bit harsh here? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:
Really don't want to be harsh...but have you ever...ever...ever heard of a do over in a game???

NYPhinFan said:
Really don't want to be harsh...but have you ever...ever...ever heard of a do over in a game???

NEVER in my entire life as a football palyer or arm chair QB!!!:sidelol:

Didn't they technically redo the play? They said there was no penalty on the play but the play never happened because they blew it dead.

byroan said:
Didn't they technically redo the play? They said there was no penalty on the play but the play never happened because they blew it dead.

YES... I believe that they replayed the down!!! Correct me if I am wrong though...

FINintheMOON said:
Just because the knee is down in the PRO sport level, that does not mean that the guy is down... That rule only applies in College Football...

In the PRO league, the guy has to be TOUCHED WHILE down, but he was not and made a move to get to his feet and in the act of doing so, knocked the ball loose... He then recovered his own fumble...:tongue:

That would work except you have to maintain the possesion the whole time you are down on the ground

if you get touched on one knee you are down

if you lose the ball on one knee its incomplete because you are still on the ground

unifiedtheory said:
That overrule on the INT was the worst call I've ever seen in my life in any sport.

I am ASTOUNDED at how bad that call was...it makes that non call on the PI in the 1st half look good.

Yeah, that was absolutely dumbfounding.....
I was actually rooting for the Colts to win the game until that happened. If the Colts had won the game after that it would have trumped the Patriot/Raider Tuck rule game as biggest injustice ever in an NFL game.

In all seriousness, I believe the NFL has serious problems with their officiating. It's horrendous and every single game something happens that is just unacceptable.

Alex22 said:
That would work except you have to maintain the possesion the whole time you are down on the ground

if you get touched on one knee you are down

if you lose the ball on one knee its incomplete because you are still on the ground

OK DUDE!!! Let's see how I can explain this to you... HE HAD CONTROL OF THE BALL WHILE HE WAS ON THE GROUND!!! He kicked the ball loose when trying to get up to run with it!!! WHAT PART of this do you NOT UNDERSTAND?!!! Watch the replays!!! I am sure that they will be on ESPN, NFL NETWORK and all the rest of the sports channels!!!

Just admit you were thinking COLLEGE and everything will be fine!!!:yell:

Alex22 said:
No the rulebook states you have to maintain possesion the entire time on the ground, his knee was still down when he lost it

It doesnt matter how many somersaults or tumbles he did

Its the correct call

I want to see the section and the article that states this explicitly as it applies to his situation. I know you cannot do that because you're flat out wrong.

byroan said:
The funny part then is why would you blow the play dead if there was no penalty????? What possible reason would you give to blow the whistle and stop play???...They totally screwed it up ..then said no penalty...then why was play stopped?...you can't have it both ways(talking about the officials)

NYPhinFan said:
The funny part then is why would you blow the play dead if there was no penalty????? What possible reason would you give to blow the whistle and stop play???...They totally screwed it up ..then said no penalty...then why was play stopped?...you can't have it both ways(talking about the officials)

It was a do-over. That's right, the infamous "do-over" that you haven't seen since you were 9.

Joey Porter might be fined, but he was right.

Back
Top Bottom