I have just witnessed the single worst piece of officiating I have ever seen! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have just witnessed the single worst piece of officiating I have ever seen!

NYPhinFan said:
On 4th and inches..we have just witnessed the first do over in NFL history!. Either its false start on the offense or offsides on the defense! To state that there was no flag on the play...then what the hell just happened?!?!..Nothing?!?! The ball was not snapped yet players interacted and moved past the line of scrimmage....The NFL should be ashamed of themselves...I have never seen anything like that before ever! This crew should be fired right after the game!

I think it was a good call. One thing that we all don't want is for a call to decide the game. This was a big play too cuz if they didnt get the 1st its indy ball, if they did, clock drains.
Cuz if they called it against the colts, they might be making the wrong decision (which is true), the other way...well they werent sure. So redo is the best way.

i hope someone understands what i wrote, i just write with what im thinking, might not make sense.(commas in teh wrong spot and such)

byroan said:
:rofl: @ Alex22 defending a horrible call. Did you defend the Tuck Rule as well?

If you look at the rules and apply them to the play, its the correct call

And no the tuck rule sucks

Alex22 said:
One knee was still on the ground, before he got up his other knee knocked it out

One knee on the ground and you are DOWN it doesnt matter what he did with the ball, because he never got UP, He didnt maintain possesion the Entire time on the ground

Visit the rulebook before you resort to namecalling

OK... I see your problem now... THIS IS THE NFL... NOT COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sidelol:

FINintheMOON said:
OK... I see your problem now... THIS IS THE NFL... NOT COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sidelol:

Call me slow but that didnt really make sense to me....explain please?

byroan said:
No it's not.

Yes it was

How can you even argue it wasnt?

fact is you have to maintain possesion the entire time you are on the ground throughout the catch

he lost it before both knees were up

how can you even argue it?

FINintheMOON said:
I was not NAME CALLING by the way... Just pointing out that you are junior to me based on your posted age...:lol:

Oh ok I get it :lol:

Your right about that though lol

Alex22 said:
Yes it was

How can you even argue it wasnt?

fact is you have to maintain possesion the entire time you are on the ground throughout the catch

he lost it before both knees were up

how can you even argue it?

:sidelol: You're wrong on all counts. Go back and watch the play. Do you even know what the actual rule is? You have to maintain possesion when you're touched. There wasn't another player within 5 yards of him. He made a football move and fumbled the ball. Show me the link that defends your arguement.

maddendude said:
I think it was a good call. One thing that we all don't want is for a call to decide the game. This was a big play too cuz if they didnt get the 1st its indy ball, if they did, clock drains.
Cuz if they called it against the colts, they might be making the wrong decision (which is true), the other way...well they werent sure. So redo is the best way.
With all due respect...did you just say a redo was the best way???????...give me a second to digest that...Please tell me that was a joke! So if a ball is thrown and the ref is not sure about the call...pass interference or not...should we just have a do over???/...was it a fumble or did he have possesion???...too tough to call...lets just run it again...The problem is there is no such thing as a redo...it is either a penalty or it isn't...it is one or the other....you have quoted the rulebook all day long...can you please quote me the rule about the "do over"???????
Let me hear the Supervisor of Officials come out and say" we were really not sure about this play...so we decided to do it all over"...what do you think the chances of that will be???
So please tell me the page and number of the rule about the do over and I will learn something about football I have not learned in the past 30 years.
I originally thought this post was written by Alex22 so I am sorry to confuse the both of you.

Alex22 said:
Call me slow but that didnt really make sense to me....explain please?

Just because the knee is down in the PRO sport level, that does not mean that the guy is down... That rule only applies in College Football...

In the PRO league, the guy has to be TOUCHED WHILE down, but he was not and made a move to get to his feet and in the act of doing so, knocked the ball loose... He then recovered his own fumble...:tongue:

My point is just that the call shouldnt decide the game,and potentially it could have. And they really werent sure bout the play. It truely was 50/50 to them.

And I think we're talking bout the wrong plays...Im talking bout the false start thing.

"I felt they were cheating us. When the interception happened, everybody in the world knew that was an interception. Don't cheat us that bad. When they did that, they really want Peyton Manning and these guys to win the Super Bowl. They are just going to straight take it for them. I felt that they were like 'We don't even care if you know we're cheating. We're cheating for them.' "

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/16/sports/football/16indy.html

NYPhinFan said:
With all due respect...did you just say a redo was the best way???????...give me a second to digest that...Please tell me that was a joke! So if a ball is thrown and the ref is not sure about the call...pass interference or not...should we just have a do over???/...was it a fumble or did he have possesion???...too tough to call...lets just run it again...The problem is there is no such thing as a redo...it is either a penalty or it isn't...it is one or the other....you have quoted the rulebook all day long...can you please quote me the rule about the "do over"???????
Let me hear the Supervisor of Officials come out and say" we were really not sure about this play...so we decided to do it all over"...what do you think the chances of that will be???
So please tell me the page and number of the rule about the do over and I will learn something about football I have not learned in the past 30 years.
I originally thought this post was written by Alex22 so I am sorry to confuse the both of you.

Now now NYPHINFAN... Don't you think you are being a bit harsh here? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

maddendude said:
My point is just that the call shouldnt decide the game,and potentially it could have. And they really werent sure bout the play. It truely was 50/50 to them.

And I think we're talking bout the wrong plays...Im talking bout the false start thing.
NO we are talking about the same exact play. There has never been a do over in pro football. There is no such rule...never has been. It is either a play run as is....a penalty on the steelers...or one on the colts...there is NO OTHER OPTION....it was a HUGE mistake on thier parts...and I believe that it will be one that they will be penalized for...even though I think they hope the league can give then a do over on the whole thing!

Back
Top Bottom