I honestly want to praise Ireland as GM | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I honestly want to praise Ireland as GM

This man has had Solid Drafts ( we all know that Pat White was a Bill Parcells pick )

he brought us a top tier corner in Vontae Davis , he did his research on Cameron Wake ( yet you all want to bash the man), Last year brought a prized F.A in Karlos Dansby.

i mean what i am trying to get at he's been a good GM without old headed Parcells around him.

95 percent of this board loves to hate him but never realizes what this franchise was and what players he brought in.

IF he would've gotten a successful QB ( the question mark is still out on henne) the man would've done a AMAZING job.

bottom line for me is that he keeps correcting what doesnt work out. he drafted pouncey much to many's dismay, but if anyone clearly paid attention to details aside from henne throwing picks is our Oline just was not good or consistent. You have to have a leader at center IMO. Marino had dwight stevenson. and i dont buy the pick was too high for a center. if the guy is real good and you know they have all the skillset, like his twin brother, then you cannot lose on that pick. very important position. very underrated position.

and if jimmy wilson becomes a steal, you can just chalk up one more genius chip.

This man has had Solid Drafts ( we all know that Pat White was a Bill Parcells pick )

he brought us a top tier corner in Vontae Davis , he did his research on Cameron Wake ( yet you all want to bash the man), Last year brought a prized F.A in Karlos Dansby.

i mean what i am trying to get at he's been a good GM without old headed Parcells around him.

95 percent of this board loves to hate him but never realizes what this franchise was and what players he brought in.

IF he would've gotten a successful QB ( the question mark is still out on henne) the man would've done a AMAZING job.

What about the mediocre TEs we've sported during his time here ?? What about the mediocre OL we've been putting on the field. What about the lack of speed at the WR spot ?? I'm not knocking him totally, because coaching has something to do with success no matter what kind of talent you have, but the skill positions around Henne have been mediocre at best...

What about the Smiley's, Grove's, Wilford's, Murphy's, [apparently] Jerry, etc....Ok, let's just say that White wasn't his pick...what about the rest...

What about the Smiley's, Grove's, Wilford's, Murphy's, [apparently] Jerry, etc....Ok, let's just say that White wasn't his pick...what about the rest...

Everyone listed was during Parcels reign as president of football operations. His decision over ruled anything Ireland wanted. Not saying Ireland did not agree with him on some points but just the same. Parcels had final say on every player aquired regardless if it was from a draft or FA. Not sure why people do not understand that. Another point. No GM in this league hits on every person they sign, not one. Our problem here is we have had too many hands in the pie and too many different systems in too short of a time. Crap. look at the better teams in the league. Not one has changed HC, FO and GMs in the last 10 years like we have. It is what it is.

Here's the thing for me. Parcells himself already admitted he was in charge and responsible for alot. The only FACT any of us know, is that this offseason was 100% Ireland. All other offseasons is speculation and opinion. So I will pnly look at this offseason which is the ONLY fair thing to do.

So Burnett. Bush resigning Mcdaniels all Ireland. Not killing our cap, Ireland. Not wasting draft picks Ireland. Not a flashy offseason but an offseason that gives us flexibility for many years while providing depth and a few upgrades at key positions. We will have all but one pick in next years draft and plenty of cap room to sign FA'S.

actually, I believe last yeards draft was irelands too. if you remember, parsells was already one foot out the door before the season started and that was one reason why. He really was told from inside to take a walk on this draft since he blew the pat white de al. He was already talkin henne down before season. those are signs that Ireland and sparano were taking off the kid gloves with billy boy. billy, go golfin dude, get out of here! yur killin us man!

Ireland is and was GM. If he's too weak to stand up to Parcells that's his problem. Everybody will have their say of course. For example it was actually David Lee who was pushing strongly for Pat White. But bottom line is it's the GM (Ireland) who pulls the trigger on every personnel decision

You go tell your boss he's wrong over and over and see where it gets you. Bottom line you are the GM until the boss tells you who he wants. You can debate with him all you want, you might even convince him, in that case you win, but with a boss like Parcells he'll be the first to tell you "I do what the **** I want.

Good bosses listen to the people under them. But, a GREAT boss actually understands what the people under him are saying. Bill Parcels falls into the third category of bosses. Its Bills way or the highway, pure and simple. Always been that way.

Its obvious that Ireland has Total Power with the Dolphins. That wasn't clear until Harbaugh-gate (The power-struggle between coaches & GMs goes both ways in the NFL.)

This is Ireland's first year with Total Power, this is the KEY TO JUDGING IRELAND! I believe Ireland will be judged from 2010 forward, post Tuna. Ross will give him a couple years to judge him. (Remember, Ross is a Real Estate guy used to buying value-properties ... fits right in with Ireland's value-decisions!!!)

The Jury's out on Ireland, but he has not made any huge mistakes. His whiff on a QB is not good ... but, we'll see smart/dumb depending on how those QBs do this year.

My GM Observation over a few decades ... their downfall is making alot of Horrible Mistakes (i.e. Tuna/White & Millen made a ton). If a GM can make alot of solid moves, he'll do well, along with the team. No one is perfect & decisions will be good & bad ... but its the Horrible Mistakes that kill a team ... we've seen this with the Dolphins for a decade.

We shall see ... it will begin to become obvious next year, mid-season ... we'll see the Fruition or FUBAR of Ireland's 2 years with Total Power.

Good bosses listen to the people under them. But, a GREAT boss actually understands what the people under him are saying. Bill Parcels falls into the third category of bosses. Its Bills way or the highway, pure and simple. Always been that way.

Absolutely right. Maybe BP was not such a good listener... or boss... or team builder. Yes he makes them competitive but has been unable to "get them over the hump" so to speak. I think Ireland has done OK, maybe a B+ or A- but only time and Chad Henne will make that call.

:bobdole:

I can't believe there are still some people that think he has done ok... Let alone think he has been GREAT!!! Just WOW.

I'll say it... he has been an unmitigated disaster!!! I really don't know how you can think otherwise. Look at Atlanta... EXACT same position as us 4 years ago... Maybe WORSE, with a coach who quit and the franchise QB behind bars. Now, look where they are and where we are. Atlanta have transformed into perennial contenders AND they play an EXCITING brand of football. Very good on field product built in the EXACT SAME TIME FRAME. This has LITTLE to do with Matty Ice but FAR more to do with GOOD MANAGEMENT. There is no BETTER comparison. And four years later we are still applauding a 'youthful' core... :lol:

The guy is a freaking PR nightmare... He speaks when he shouldn't and shuts up when he should be talking. 'Mom is a whore?'... Stay classy Jeff... And now he is inexplicably quiet and let's 'his guy' Henne swing in the wind when he should have put an end to the Orton speculation weeks ago. Oh and where was he with the Harbaugh fiasco??? Anyone else think he could have whispered 'not a good idea to meet with him now Mr. Ross'??? Honestly why is Sparano even talking to him? Ricky? Ronnie? wow.

and how about 'Churning the bottom of the roster'... :lol: Laughable. Just admit we are in the habit of going through other people's garbage. Like Paris Hilton's paparazzi. Just admit, that you think you know other team's rosters better than them. Ever hear of chemistry Jeff? it is what is built when players PLAY together over time...Oh and maybe it's not such a good idea to hand other teams our playbook every week when you throw some other poor sap onto the scrap heap. AND PLEASE if we are so good at this.. WHY DO OUR ST's SUCK SO HARD???? Aren't those the guys from the bottom of the roster???? How about the laziness and over reliance on that Dallas pipeline??? it goes on and on...

This staff aside from Nolan are terrible judges of talent.. Wake lost a year of development when he arrived... Questionable against the run????? REALLY???? So WHAT was Joey Porter???? Last year they played stupid games with Starks because they had no idea what they had in house with Soliai already... :lol:

And last year we had TWO incredible glaring needs going into the draft... QB and RB... he ignored them BOTH in the first round... :lol: Beautiful. The guy is drafting for depth when we don't even have adequate starters... overpays in free agency for the likes of Bush and then whines that Orton costs too much when he put himself at the mercy of the market by DOING NOTHING... and puts the rebuild BACK another year. Great work..

Am I the only one who feels like this season is on pause?????

:bobdole:

I can't believe there are still some people that think he has done ok... Let alone think he has been GREAT!!! Just WOW.

Am I the only one who feels like this season is on pause?????

Seems as if you are in the minority here.........sorry.

I'm a Parcells guy period. Love him or hate him. Ireland was mentored by him. Loyalty is everything. Parcells book "Finding a way to win" explains their philosophy. It begins with an "aggressive, relentless defense". Their principles are nonnegotiable. They churn the bottom of the roster ( the middle the top ) for a reason, to avoid mediocrity. No one is safe. These guy's have a plan. All they need is time. Winning buys time. After following all the Parcells makeovers, I think this one might end up the best. Time will tell....I can't wait for MNF...:up:

Praise Ireland?? Blasphemy.

All hes done is make the Dolphins bigger, stronger, younger, and more talented at every single position but qb.

God I hope that Henne breaks out this year and Ross gives him n Sparano 5yr extensions.

Ross can take a hike tho..wouldn't mind that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Praise Ireland?? Blasphemy.

All hes done is make the Dolphins bigger, stronger, younger, and more talented at every single position but qb.

God I hope that Henne breaks out this year and Ross gives him n Sparano 5yr extensions.

Ross can take a hike tho..wouldn't mind that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

There... Right there in bold.

Honestly how can anyone applaud the job done here when compared to Atlanta in the exact same time frame with the exact same tools??????? It is almost laughable... No wait... It is! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom