I honestly want to praise Ireland as GM | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I honestly want to praise Ireland as GM

There... Right there in bold.

Honestly how can anyone applaud the job done here when compared to Atlanta in the exact same time frame with the exact same tools??????? It is almost laughable... No wait... It is! :lol:

What are the odds on hitting on a qb in the first round?

Odds on hitting on a LT?

Considering theyd then invest an absurd amount of money into that unproven player, I think the move is/was wise. It's real easy to critique in retrospect. Meanwhile, we have arguably the best, most durable LT in the game.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

:bobdole:

I can't believe there are still some people that think he has done ok... Let alone think he has been GREAT!!! Just WOW.

I'll say it... he has been an unmitigated disaster!!! I really don't know how you can think otherwise. Look at Atlanta... EXACT same position as us 4 years ago... Maybe WORSE, with a coach who quit and the franchise QB behind bars. Now, look where they are and where we are. Atlanta have transformed into perennial contenders AND they play an EXCITING brand of football. Very good on field product built in the EXACT SAME TIME FRAME. This has LITTLE to do with Matty Ice but FAR more to do with GOOD MANAGEMENT. There is no BETTER comparison. And four years later we are still applauding a 'youthful' core... :lol:

The guy is a freaking PR nightmare... He speaks when he shouldn't and shuts up when he should be talking. 'Mom is a whore?'... Stay classy Jeff... And now he is inexplicably quiet and let's 'his guy' Henne swing in the wind when he should have put an end to the Orton speculation weeks ago. Oh and where was he with the Harbaugh fiasco??? Anyone else think he could have whispered 'not a good idea to meet with him now Mr. Ross'??? Honestly why is Sparano even talking to him? Ricky? Ronnie? wow.

and how about 'Churning the bottom of the roster'... :lol: Laughable. Just admit we are in the habit of going through other people's garbage. Like Paris Hilton's paparazzi. Just admit, that you think you know other team's rosters better than them. Ever hear of chemistry Jeff? it is what is built when players PLAY together over time...Oh and maybe it's not such a good idea to hand other teams our playbook every week when you throw some other poor sap onto the scrap heap. AND PLEASE if we are so good at this.. WHY DO OUR ST's SUCK SO HARD???? Aren't those the guys from the bottom of the roster???? How about the laziness and over reliance on that Dallas pipeline??? it goes on and on...

This staff aside from Nolan are terrible judges of talent.. Wake lost a year of development when he arrived... Questionable against the run????? REALLY???? So WHAT was Joey Porter???? Last year they played stupid games with Starks because they had no idea what they had in house with Soliai already... :lol:

And last year we had TWO incredible glaring needs going into the draft... QB and RB... he ignored them BOTH in the first round... :lol: Beautiful. The guy is drafting for depth when we don't even have adequate starters... overpays in free agency for the likes of Bush and then whines that Orton costs too much when he put himself at the mercy of the market by DOING NOTHING... and puts the rebuild BACK another year. Great work..

Am I the only one who feels like this season is on pause?????

:clap: great post.

CB's and MLB's don't win Super Bowl's. He's done a fantastic job of getting talent, BUT he's ignored the most important position. QB.

There... Right there in bold.

Honestly how can anyone applaud the job done here when compared to Atlanta in the exact same time frame with the exact same tools??????? It is almost laughable... No wait... It is! :lol:

In the grand scheme of things, what in the hell has Atlanta done? Seriously. They have had one more playoff appearance than Miami during that span and 0 playoff wins. Same number of division titles as us too. Matt Ryan is the only difference and he got absolutely roasted by Green Bay last year in the playoffs. I have no complaints about Ireland passing on that guy. Sure, the Dolphins would be better with him at the helm. No question. At the time however, there were a lot of uncertainties surrounding him. If Ryan had turned out to be a bust, then the Dolphins would be in an absolute God-awful mess. I am so tired of hearing about Henne vs. "Matty Ice." You would think this guy was Tom Brady the way everyone slurps on him. Not only that, he has an OC that isn't retarded and has had so many more weapons on offense.

I don't understand how someone could build the kind of defense we have, upgrade our WRs, RBs, and secondary and be called a complete failure.

I know I am in the minority on this, but Matt Ryan would have been a freaking joke in that terrible excuse of an offense last year. Defenses were calling out the plays for crying out loud. Henne never rolled out and was constantly taking the same number of steps in his drop. Horrible misuse of Marshall and an OC that continually called play action in a 2-minute drill? Come on. I will gladly come back on these boards and eat crow if Henne doesn't have a good year in this new system and the Dolphins don't have a good season, but I really think this team is ready to do some things on offense with an OC that isn't mildly retarded. Everything else around Henne is solid to great and if he can get his act together, the Dolphins will be very dangerous this year.

What are the odds on hitting on a qb in the first round?

Odds on hitting on a LT?

Considering theyd then invest an absurd amount of money into that unproven player, I think the move is/was wise. It's real easy to critique in retrospect. Meanwhile, we have arguably the best, most durable LT in the game.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

The truth is you can't boil down the Atlanta vs Miami argument to ONLY Ryan vs Long... The issue is bigger than that... Yes Atlanta's resurgence begins with the Ryan selection but it does not END there. Their FO have made some shrewd decisions in surrounding him with the right kind of weapons as well as strengthening the defensive side of the ball... Also they have improved the on field product with the 'style' of football they play... Stronger gate, happy fans, happy owners... It has been wholesale transformation down there...

We missed on the Ryan selection got a dandy consolation in Long... Fair enough... but HOW IS IT ACCEPTABLE to not learn from your mistakes???? IT IS ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE that we are talking about BEGINNING a QB search NEXT YEAR... inexcusable.

In the grand scheme of things, what in the hell has Atlanta done? Seriously. They have had one more playoff appearance than Miami during that span and 0 playoff wins. Same number of division titles as us too. Matt Ryan is the only difference and he got absolutely roasted by Green Bay last year in the playoffs. I have no complaints about Ireland passing on that guy. Sure, the Dolphins would be better with him at the helm. No question. At the time however, there were a lot of uncertainties surrounding him. If Ryan had turned out to be a bust, then the Dolphins would be in an absolute God-awful mess. I am so tired of hearing about Henne vs. "Matty Ice." You would think this guy was Tom Brady the way everyone slurps on him. Not only that, he has an OC that isn't retarded and has had so many more weapons on offense.

I don't understand how someone could build the kind of defense we have, upgrade our WRs, RBs, and secondary and be called a complete failure.

I know I am in the minority on this, but Matt Ryan would have been a freaking joke in that terrible excuse of an offense last year. Defenses were calling out the plays for crying out loud. Henne never rolled out and was constantly taking the same number of steps in his drop. Horrible misuse of Marshall and an OC that continually called play action in a 2-minute drill? Come on. I will gladly come back on these boards and eat crow if Henne doesn't have a good year in this new system and the Dolphins don't have a good season, but I really think this team is ready to do some things on offense with an OC that isn't mildly retarded. Everything else around Henne is solid to great and if he can get his act together, the Dolphins will be very dangerous this year.

As sick as you are of hearing the 'Matty Ice' pom pom waving... We are of hearing how Henne's woes were the OC's fault... Ironically, it was a 'QB friendly' system!!! Was it Henning missing open receivers??? Throwing backbreaking pics in the red zone???

Henne had the PERFECT chance here in Miami... learning behind a true pro in Pennington for a year... Before being eased in... He was not thrown to the wolves... Henne got his chance and it was a glorious one... And now, I hope for the best I really do... because we don't have any other options...

But the reality is we should have pulled the plug on the Henne experiment this offseason but can't because our FO never bothered to re stock the cupboard. Mistakes are dictating this FO's direction... the aggressive pursuit of Orton should confirm that at the very least!!

CB's and MLB's don't win Super Bowl's. He's done a fantastic job of getting talent, BUT he's ignored the most important position. QB.

Lmao well defense is what got the Jets to two afc championship games,

Too many cliche writers in here

As sick as you are of hearing the 'Matty Ice' pom pom waving... We are of hearing how Henne's woes were the OC's fault... Ironically, it was a 'QB friendly' system!!! Was it Henning missing open receivers??? Throwing backbreaking pics in the red zone???

Henne had the PERFECT chance here in Miami... learning behind a true pro in Pennington for a year... Before being eased in... He was not thrown to the wolves... Henne got his chance and it was a glorious one... And now, I hope for the best I really do... because we don't have any other options...

But the reality is we should have pulled the plug on the Henne experiment this offseason but can't because our FO never bothered to re stock the cupboard. Mistakes are dictating this FO's direction... the aggressive pursuit of Orton should confirm that at the very least!!

A QB friendly system runs more than 10-15 times a game, it has a running game that consists of more than 50 yards, it has an interior line that consists of more than backups, it consists of speed players

so again, tell me how it was qb friendly last year?

A QB friendly system runs more than 10-15 times a game, it has a running game that consists of more than 50 yards, it has an interior line that consists of more than backups, it consists of speed players

Primarily because Henne was NEVER asked to win with his arm alone... The so called 'strength' of that offense... Was in the OL and Running game... He was rarely asked to hit on deep gouging strikes... Primarily because he couldn't... sorry if you don't want to face that fact... but maybe Marshall and Hartline's visible frustration at the over throws was not enough to convince you...

Of course the irony of your argument is that the FO that you love so much has been doing everything in it's power to REPLACE Henne... This with HENNING GONE!!! Even they don't want him... Orton is no Brady after all.. And if they could slip 'roofies' in the water cooler in Denver they would have DONE IT a long time ago... :lol:

solid drafts? Patrick Turner, 3rd round pick...gone! Jon Jerry, 3rd round pic...will be gone in a couple weeks. Showed up out of shape and totall overweight. Pat White, sorry not buying the Parcells thing. That is mark on Ireland's resume. And if Henne stinks that is another early round failure. '

Also Long over Matt Ryan doesn't look good either.
at leats we had the balls to notice a mistake and cut them right away.every team drafts bust every year.the giants took a lb clint sintom that we all wanted with there 2nd and he has been a bust.every team has there mistakes.

I'll praise him when the job results in success, until then it means nothing. If he fails to land a QB capable of leading a team into contention he has failed.....period.

I'm going to beat this quote to death but "you are what your record says you are". This players great, that player sucks, who cares? All that matters is how they perform as a team and that gets measured every year at the end of the season.

how is this the fair thing to do? your completely discrediting ireland out of his first 3 years here and simply putting it as it was ONLY parcells in the last 3 years,

i would simply take it as a whole, even with parcells influence, Ireland is our GM, and for all the failures and successes of these last 3 years it was his responsibility and i say its been a good job

I think I explained it pretty well.

When you look at what the man has done when he has full control it is different then the last 3 years. I will not hold a GM accountable when he didn't have final say. Maybe you can, but I won't

Based on what you say right there, tell me again how Ireland has done a great job?

You see you cant have it both ways. You cant say Ireland has done a great job on one hand and then on the other say Henne's problems all lie within the OC and lack of talent on offense. Get it?

Reality is, not only does Chad Henne ****ing blow, but Ireland has done a sub par job himself.

Jeff Ireland has done a good job drafting defense, but then again so did Jimmy Johnson when he was in Miami. Most would agree that Jimmy Johnson didn't do a great job of drafting in Miami when his offensive picks were factored in. Except Jimmy Johnson drafted two hall of fame players in JT and Zach Thomas. I doubt any of the players Ireland has drafted will make it to the HOF. I'd give Ireland a "C" so far. Not bad, but not great.

Back
Top Bottom