I honestly want to praise Ireland as GM | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I honestly want to praise Ireland as GM

Based on what you say right there, tell me again how Ireland has done a great job?

You see you cant have it both ways. You cant say Ireland has done a great job on one hand and then on the other say Henne's problems all lie within the OC and lack of talent on offense. Get it?

Reality is, not only does Chad Henne ****ing blow, but Ireland has done a sub par job himself.

Cmon man, going into last season we expected ricky and ronnie to remain the strength of the offense, noone discredited Ireland in preseason last year having those guys as our running backs, and those guys had a dramatic decrease in production, what do you expect Ireland to do in that situation? Exactly what he did which was forget about BOTH of them this offseason

Primarily because Henne was NEVER asked to win with his arm alone... The so called 'strength' of that offense... Was in the OL and Running game... He was rarely asked to hit on deep gouging strikes... Primarily because he couldn't... sorry if you don't want to face that fact... but maybe Marshall and Hartline's visible frustration at the over throws was not enough to convince you...

Of course the irony of your argument is that the FO that you love so much has been doing everything in it's power to REPLACE Henne... This with HENNING GONE!!! Even they don't want him... Orton is no Brady after all.. And if they could slip 'roofies' in the water cooler in Denver they would have DONE IT a long time ago... :lol:

I don't understand how you can call that offense QB friendly. The wildcat killed drives, there was play action when the defense knew we weren't running, they only ran 10-15 times a game (as mentioned above), they played dink and dunk on 3rd downs, they didn't put Marshall in motion or at least try to shake the double coverage, they constantly used 2 wide receiver sets, blah, blah, blah.
I am not trying to excuse Henne of all his mistakes. Those INTs were just gut-wrenching at times. As you noted, he also had a crappy deep ball. However, you can't argue that we had some sweet offense that did him any favors.
Out of curiosity, what would you have proposed them do on the QB situation? According to many draftnicks, none of the QBs in this last draft were ready to start and the free agent market was pretty weak. I am fine with Henne getting another chance with the improvements we have made on offense. If we suck, there is a better shot at a top QB next year. If we win, well, we win.

In the grand scheme of things, what in the hell has Atlanta done? Seriously.

Built a legitimate contender. Gotten their fan base excited. Won almost every game at home in the last 3 years. Basically, a solid job. Next.

They have had one more playoff appearance than Miami during that span and 0 playoff wins. Same number of division titles as us too.

Its been 3 years bro. We made the playoffs once by winning a division title. Not that much room for seperation in that short of time. Give it a few years and then bring this issue up again. I dare you.

Matt Ryan is the only difference and he got absolutely roasted by Green Bay last year in the playoffs.

Everyone got roasted by Green Bay in the playoffs last year. Did you watch? Thats why Green Bay won the Super Bowl. Also, Matt Ryan didnt get roasted, his defense did, by that Rodgers guy. He's decent if you havent heard. I guess based on this youre telling me that Vick and Roethisberger arent any good either.

I have no complaints about Ireland passing on that guy.

Thats because youre lost.

Sure,the Dolphins would be better with him at the helm. No question.

You think? What gives you that idea?

At the time however, there were a lot of uncertainties surrounding him.

Like what? I know I was real certain he was the real deal. Maybe some of the clueless werent. But, thats why theyre clueless. You know, like Parcells and Ireland.

If Ryan had turned out to be a bust, then the Dolphins would be in an absolute God-awful mess.

And what exactly are we right now? Let me know later in the season OK.

I am so tired of hearing about Henne vs. "Matty Ice." You would think this guy was Tom Brady the way everyone slurps on him. Not only that, he has an OC that isn't retarded and has had so many more weapons on offense.

For all you know he will be Tom Brady. You didnt even seem to realize he was a beast coming out of college. Im about as tired of hearing Henning take every blame for Henne's incompetence as you are of hearing about Henne vs. Ryan.

I know I am in the minority on this, but Matt Ryan would have been a freaking joke in that terrible excuse of an offense last year.

:lol2:

Defenses were calling out the plays for crying out loud.

Yea. Because Henne was the QB. Give Henning a real QB to work with and I guarentee that dosent happen. He wouldve had freedom to do more things and a competent QB wouldve been trusted with audibles as well.

Henne never rolled out and was constantly taking the same number of steps in his drop.

Have you considered the possibility that Henne is limited by lack of skills?

Horrible misuse of Marshall and an OC that continually called play action in a 2-minute drill?

Yea, he was misused. We had a dominant WR out there with no QB capable of getting him the ball in position to make plays.

Come on. I will gladly come back on these boards and eat crow if Henne doesn't have a good year in this new system and the Dolphins don't have a good season,

Sure you will.

but I really think this team is ready to do some things on offense with an OC that isn't mildly retarded.

Now if we just had a QB who isnt completely retarded.

Everything else around Henne is solid to great and if he can get his act together, the Dolphins will be very dangerous this year

Seems like I heard this exact line somewhere. OH YEA. It was here. LAST YEAR before the season started.:rolleyes:

I don't understand how you can call that offense QB friendly. The wildcat killed drives, there was play action when the defense knew we weren't running, they only ran 10-15 times a game (as mentioned above), they played dink and dunk on 3rd downs, they didn't put Marshall in motion or at least try to shake the double coverage, they constantly used 2 wide receiver sets, blah, blah, blah.
I am not trying to excuse Henne of all his mistakes. Those INTs were just gut-wrenching at times. As you noted, he also had a crappy deep ball. However, you can't argue that we had some sweet offense that did him any favors.
Out of curiosity, what would you have proposed them do on the QB situation? According to many draftnicks, none of the QBs in this last draft were ready to start and the free agent market was pretty weak. I am fine with Henne getting another chance with the improvements we have made on offense. If we suck, there is a better shot at a top QB next year. If we win, well, we win.

I'm not trying to defend Henning's lack of creativity at times... But I do think that he was limited by Henne and NOT the other way round... JMO... I have to smile at the irony of how people (not you) lambasted Pennington for limiting the offense and screamed bloody murder for Henne to replace him... And now they simply refuse to admit that Henne's inconsistency has had THE EXACT SAME effect...

To answer your question... personally I would have drafted Mallett AND traded for Orton... I would have done both!!! Not one or the other... I also would have done everything in my power to find Henne another home or at least sent him back in a deal for Orton... No distractions.

I have mixed feelings about Ireland. For every good thing he's done, he does something stupid (your moms a WHORE?!?!?!).

Then again, its possible the dumb things were due to someone else (PARCELLS) decisions.

But then this off season came around and we got the goofy coach search and then the half-assed QB search...hell half-assed FA search...then our prized FA catch was actually a trade for an often injured RB...and a RT that is getting smoked in practice so far...

Jury is still out on the Daboll hiring...though I like the Bryan Cox hiring and from the reports it seems he is very active on the field teaching...Maybe Colombo just needs some time to get into rhythm...maybe Bush plays most of the season?...Pouncy might turn out to be a huge upgrade at Center...Willis might turn out to be a great backup plan should Colombo continue to fail...Maybe Murtha steps up to the challenge?...Wilson at saftey seems like a steal...

Like I said, mixed feelings...we'll see after this season is done and after the rookies have played a year if he had a good draft.

The worst thing Ireland did was try to hire Jim Harbaugh

Back
Top Bottom