I Just Don't Care Anymore. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Just Don't Care Anymore.

Jimmy Johnson was supposed to recreate what he did in Dallas in Miami, Saban was supposed to come in and become a dominant coach in the pros like it was college, Bill Parcells took over football operations and he was supposed to lead us back, and Adam Gase was supposed to be a quarterback-whispering, offensive genius. How did all of those work out in the long run? A little success with JJ and moments here and there otherwise. Maybe Flores will be the opposite, where he becomes the great one that we actually weren't expecting. We can dream anyway...

Proof that it’s a crapshoot when you hire a new coach. Winners come to Miami and don’t win, no experience comes to Miami and doesn’t win.

It never ends.

2019, 2020 are going to be unbearable to watch. I’m sure there will be a player or 2 that’ll be fun to watch just like a Ronnie Brown was in 2007 until he tore his ACL

Make no mistake your friends are gonna mock the Dolphins, remind you how much they suck, laugh at how they are 0-12 and may not win a game.

The prime time games will be next to nothing.

Here’s the worst part..........if Grier craps the bed those 2-3 years will be for nothing.

So you could be looking at a 5-6 year rebuild.

0-12 eh? How in holy hell would Miami achieve that? Are they trading away everyone who made plays this year?

Jimmy Johnson was supposed to recreate what he did in Dallas in Miami, Saban was supposed to come in and become a dominant coach in the pros like it was college, Bill Parcells took over football operations and he was supposed to lead us back, and Adam Gase was supposed to be a quarterback-whispering, offensive genius. How did all of those work out in the long run? A little success with JJ and moments here and there otherwise. Maybe Flores will be the opposite, where he becomes the great one that we actually weren't expecting. We can dream anyway...
This is probably the most intelligent, lucid, well thought out post I've read on this site

If you're frustrated with the team and want to vent, please vent. It might make you feel better.

If you want to take a step back and stop following the team so closely, then take a step back. I won't ever fault you for that.

I think all of us will welcome you back when you're ready.
Well said.

I completely understand what the OP is saying. Not that I’m stepping back, although I won’t pay next year for Sunday Ticket as I got it this year for free, I’m apathetic to the team. When they make what they call a significant move, I am not moved or excited at all. Apathy can be one the worst inflicting emotions to the receiver because at least with love or hate there’s a feeling being sent, with apathy you just couldn’t care less what they do.

No one's going to blame you. Don't you worry about it. The only difference is the amount of respect that you get from the other football fan especially when you decide to root hard for the phins when they actually become a good football team. We just never know when it's going to happen.
But no one's going to blame you. If supporting this total dysfunctional team is affecting your real life, i would suggest you to stop doing it. After all, it's only a football game and we all know and can't deny that this team is a bad football team.

Becoming more of an NFL and College Football fan in general has done wonders for my sports mental health. If you only watch the Dolphins I can understand the struggle.

Good luck...Many die hards who post here have been slowly letting it go for 2 decades now. You will get there...Next season if you can get outside on a beautiful Sunday instead of watching a game inside do it, you will NOT regret it based off this teams history since Marino. If its raining or your laid up with a body cast then watch it but point is...Miami Football is not worth planning your Sunday afternoon around in its current form. Enjoy life and If or when they get it back together again then bump it up your priority list once more.

In the meantime do the only real thing you can do each season...Pray that NE does not win another Super Bowl and pour more salt into the wound.

GO SD! GO PHILLIP RIVERS!!

I was very angry yesterday.
Like many here fan for over 35 years.
Flores doesn’t seem qualified IMO.
Preferred Richards but what we gonna do? Become Chiefs fan?
It’s funny bc I’m divorced- happily remarried almost 10 years, but I can’t find it to leave the damn Dolphins.

I agree with the op. I feel like I take this stuff so seriously that it affects my real life. It really hurts when they lose or mess up. I probably need to take a step back too

Still be a fan but maybe from a distance. Because now I am so wrapped up that season affected me in many aspects of my life. When Miami won I was on cloud nine. When they lost I was in a funk.

It feels good to read that others felt that and that some posters think taking a step back is a good idea. I kinda felt like I was quitting on team with that thinking. But now I feel better about it after hearing some responses on here.

Good for you bro. I reached that point around 2003 or so. You'll still follow the team, just like I do, but your identity won't be so wrapped up in a stupid losing team.

That’s what I am hoping to do too. You put it perfectly. Your identity won’t be so wrapped up into this team. That is so true and how I feel. Good post there.

I have been a fan of the dolphins since I knew what a football was. I read the childrens book dolphins one two punch and was enthralled in our history to that point. I went through good and bad times and always wore the gear even though they matched almost nothing. Ever since we hired Cam Cameron and then Ross took over I have took a step back as a fan and am more passionate about my other sports teams just because its not worth getting upset over and over when you cannot control what your idiot owner does. I hope they do well but I do not live and die by it anymore. They are still my team but my interest level is just not the same anymore.

Yeah guys I mean...I live in Hawaii...and if we lose I don't get out for days. My wife has to deal with my attitude on top of all my other problems. That all being said...I still had hope, so for most of the season I was OK - even with losses.

But now that I don't have any hope I know i'm going to be a complete nightmare....I can't handle the life of a Browns fan...and it seems that is what were in for.

I just can't have hope with this guy....look:

Does that inspire any confidence? I just don't see it...and I don't hope I'm wrong. The sick part is I don't even want us to have success...if that makes any sense? Cuz I'm so disappointed that we would put ourselves in this position....to be among 8 other teams looking for HC's (of this terrible pool this year) with the state of our team and knowing that we would be last on the list...it just feels so damn incompetent to me that I want to see us fail....I suppose then I would get that sick satisfaction that "Hey ...at least I was right."

Its also cuz this guy has been a NE Patriot for 15 years....**** him. How can we support that? I can't possibly do it...I just can't.

Yeah guys I mean...I live in Hawaii...and if we lose I don't get out for days. My wife has to deal with my attitude on top of all my other problems. That all being said...I still had hope, so for most of the season I was OK - even with losses.

But now that I don't have any hope I know i'm going to be a complete nightmare....I can't handle the life of a Browns fan...and it seems that is what were in for.

I just can't have hope with this guy....look:

Does that inspire any confidence? I just don't see it...and I don't hope I'm wrong. The sick part is I don't even want us to have success...if that makes any sense? Cuz I'm so disappointed that we would put ourselves in this position....to be among 8 other teams looking for HC's (of this terrible pool this year) with the state of our team and knowing that we would be last on the list...it just feels so damn incompetent to me that I want to see us fail....I suppose then I would get that sick satisfaction that "Hey ...at least I was right."

Its also cuz this guy has been a NE Patriot for 15 years....**** him. How can we support that? I can't possibly do it...I just can't.

Way to keep an open mind.

For 2 decades I have invested so much of my time and energy into following this team...a blind and ignorant hope drove me. Passion is what drove me.

But no more.

I can finally let it all go. Its not that I won't be a fan anymore...but I just won't give a ****. Its become increasingly clear over the years that the NFL is a business and those who are in the "business of winning" are the largest football markets in the country. Is that a coincidence? Not sure...but that is besides the point.

Whether there are powers that be that dictate certain happenings in the NFL - from staff/coaches/players...to calls on the field...to rules being circumvented deliberately...one thing is for sure - none of it favors the Miami Dolphins if true.

And if its not true -- we just have a totally ****ing incompetent owner. We now have 2 unproven people in the most significant positions of our organization. We will surely lose for years to come. There is no longer any hope.

This might be a major relief to my mental health. I've been in therapy for 2 years for other reasons...but THIS might be the key to my recovery...the fact that I just won't give a **** anymore. There is nothing to be excited about. I never thought I would see the day where the Cleveland Browns were the most coveted team in the league and the Dolphins are the LAST.

Our only hope is that we get top 5 picks for the next few years in a row and lose so bad that these guys get cleaned out and then we become a coveted spot just like the Browns have done. Because I don't see Ross selling the team until hes about to die - he just built us a new stadium...it isn't happening.

Bye bye. Let this sink in. I’ve been a fan since the beginning-not the beginning of my life, the beginning of the Miami Dolphins. That’s 53 years for those who need a math lesson. I’m not going anywhere and if you’ve read any of my posts you know that I’ve been proposing a culture change in Miami forever. It’s finally happened—We hired a leader not a fancy coordinator. We also set up the front office how it should have been all along. Fire everyone, hire a GM and let him pick his coach, then let the coach choose his coordinators. One more thing, we got the freakin owner out of the front office and let football people run the damn football operation. Praise God. It took decades and will get a little ugly at first but I think we have finally figured it out. Go Phins!

Back
Top Bottom