I Just Don't Care Anymore. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Just Don't Care Anymore.

Hey P a few observations:
Yeah guys I mean...I live in Hawaii...and if we lose I don't get out for days. My wife has to deal with my attitude on top of all my other problems. That all being said...I still had hope, so for most of the season I was OK - even with losses.

My guess would be that if you told your therapist about this, and your reaction to the losing, they would recommend you stop watching, looking, following, peeping and or otherwise having anything to do with this team until you progress in dealing with your illness. Your following this circus is like the old Vaudeville joke: I saw a guy hitting himself in the head with a hammer the other day, and I asked why he was doing that, and he said "because it feels so good when I stop"

But now that I don't have any hope I know i'm going to be a complete nightmare....I can't handle the life of a Browns fan...and it seems that is what were in for.

Well, with change comes hope. No one knows how good Chris Grier will be, and certainly we will never know what went on behind the scenes. For example, what if Mr Grier was on the other side of every decision that Tannenbum, and Mr. Gase made, but was just not that vocal about it, maybe with all of the bad picks and decisions, he said, "well you know that may not be the best move right now", and they ran him over. But when asked in private by S. Ross, at each juncture, he said "I really don't agree with this and here is why". IF and this is a BIG IF, this is the case, well S. Ross did the right thing, and there may be other factors as well.

Does that inspire any confidence? I just don't see it...and I don't hope I'm wrong. The sick part is I don't even want us to have success...if that makes any sense? Cuz I'm so disappointed that we would put ourselves in this position....to be among 8 other teams looking for HC's (of this terrible pool this year) with the state of our team and knowing that we would be last on the list...it just feels so damn incompetent to me that I want to see us fail....I suppose then I would get that sick satisfaction that "Hey ...at least I was right."

Again, no one here knows whether Coach Flores will be any good or not. But I do know many here are already emotionally invested in him, and that is really not a good idea, there is a difference between hope and "irrational exuberance". If you look back, Mr Gase was the hottest thing going when he was hired, I was skeptical because P. Manning was an offensive system in himself, so "anointing" Mr Gase as the next coach savant was to say the least premature. In fact I remember when Cam Camaron (The Shrimp) came to Miami, talk about irrational exuberance, some fan did a song based on "Karma Chameleon", and the First team used it in their segments, yeah, "fail forward fast", eeegaad.

If I may, emotional investment, and becoming personally entwined in something you cannot control or negotiate with, may not be wise for you at this time. In life if you can't control it, or negotiate it, being "right" is a coin flip. It's just with this team it seems that the coin has two tails, and ownership continually calls "Heads".

Its also cuz this guy has been a NE Patriot for 15 years....**** him. How can we support that? I can't possibly do it...I just can't.

Ehhhhh, now you are just being picky. Who cares, if he can win, I will buy a Hoodie in Phin colors, and his name on it. Ok here comes the name drop, get ready, as The Mad Dog once told me, in an admiring tone of voice, "They are that good", so I know, it leaves a bad taste but like good "shine", once you get used to it, there is a certain smoothness, especially if he beats BellyCheat at his own game.

Anyway please be well Buddy, step back, it's not worth the cost.

The Never Exuberant VIPER

In years past I’d agree. But this is different. We all had hope Miami would turn it around year after year and only got the results that they wouldn’t late in the season. Now though it seems as if the expectations ahead of time are a few years of being horrendous (not 7-9/8-8 but Top 3 pick bad).

This is different than in years past. I don’t know how to react to what is happening.

I hear you... I keep thinking we’ve hit rock bottom... but it seems to just keep getting more and more lost.

I’m from and live in the Tampa Bay Area....and I’m jealous of their coaching staff.

I hear you... I keep thinking we’ve hit rock bottom... but it seems to just keep getting more and more lost.

I’m from and live in the Tampa Bay Area....and I’m jealous of their coaching staff.

You won't be in a few years!

**hope**

:)

The frustration is real and people have a right to be upset. Winning cures everything but we've been waiting for a long time. Some of us saw the team win when we were little kids, some have never seen them win. It's not easy to stay invested with all the bad decisions the team has made time after time. All we can do is hope for the best.

At least with the lower expectations it wont bother you much when they lose. Especially if it looks like the dolphins might just find a real qb in the draft.
1uofgs.jpg

We as fans aren’t even remotely close to rock bottom. 7-9 is purely in the middle. Average.

Want to be like Cleveland? You win 4 games in 3 years or 10 in 4. That is rock bottom.

We as fans aren’t even remotely close to rock bottom. 7-9 is purely in the middle. Average.

Want to be like Cleveland? You win 4 games in 3 years or 10 in 4. That is rock bottom.

A necessary reality check.

I don't know as much about the backgrounds of any of the HC candidates the team has looked at as well as I knew Gases background, so I don't have any favorites this time around. This means I don't have any insight as to what to expect. I think we all owe it to ourselves to see what develops and base our judgments on that. We may be pleasantly surprised or be unimpressed or really angry with the results, but the key is we would be basing our judgments on the actual results.

We can then apply any other justifications to explain those results, just like we always do. I won't give the team any credit for failure or success until there is some, and I mean regular season results, not any of the preliminaries that so many here get "wound around the axle" about.

I refuse to throw away the potential for enjoying this years team! Why should I?

One of the most depressing things for me is that almost EVERY SINGLE AFC team has made not one, but multiple AFC Championship Game appearances since 1992. Teams that have been amongst the worst in football, like the Jags or the Jets, have built contenders more than once. The Raiders are usually a laughingstock and yet they too have made an appearance in that timeframe. The Browns are trending up and will likely be a contender before the Dolphins. The Texans and Bengals are the only other AFC teams without AFCCG apearances, and they too have been better than the Dolphins for many years now. Where does that leave the Dolphins? At the very bottom of the AFC. I'd trade mediocre seasons for terrible seasons if it somehow resulted in AFCCG appearances.

You'd think by the Law of Averages, that the Dolphins would've had one or two appearances in that same timeframe. This is why some people have lost hope. In the coming years, even the Browns will likely be looking down on the Dolphins. That's how important this "rebuild" is.

And I'm not even talking about the Super Bowl!

7-9 with our leadership is far worse. The Browns are trending up and will beat us next season.

7-9 with our leadership is far worse. The Browns are trending up and will beat us next season.

That isn’t saying much. I’ll never understand anyone using CLE as an example. It’s easy to do now I guess bc they may finally be a good team soon. But they have been bad for so long and have not been able to find a QB for YEARS. To just now do so is easy for opposing fans to scoff at but ask actual Browns fans how they’ve felt the last decade.

Yeah, this just sucks. I am laughing at other franchises and their picks and we come up with this? Hell I thought he was a Rooney Rule interview. Sorry not being a jerk but you have guys like Richard, McCarthy, try for a Harbaugh or even Chuck Pagano and this is what you come up with? Damn, turd in the punch bowl bad. We used to get our pick of the litter even if they turned out bad. A mediocre GM paired with this uninspired pick? Depressing

You serious dude? Pagano and McCarthy are no longer good coaches, John Harbaugh is seemingly staying with the Ravens and if we trade for him we'd have to give up one or two first round picks, Jim Harbaugh doesn't look like he wants to come here. Richard you might have something with but just another in the long line of unproven candidates we seem to love (same with Flores).

Back
Top Bottom