I just read that Brissett will be the Browns #1 QB this year | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just read that Brissett will be the Browns #1 QB this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridley getting a full year over online betting ON his team (NOT AGAINST) was some serious BS. I think he just wants out of ATL and ATL wants to tank and they negotiated a LONGER suspension, lol!

smirk drinking GIF

Everyone needs to be warned that if the Browns trade something like a 2023 or 24 2nd or 3rd round pick to the Dolphins for Teddy Bridgewater, I'm going to be completely ******* insufferable until the preseason starts.
That won't happen because Teddy is a perfect fit for this system if and when Tua misses games.

It was one civil and one legal plus they weren't sexual misconduct they were plain rape accusations. He got 6 games. I think one full season is fine in Watson's case. I hope that is the investigator's recommendation.

Legal one got thrown out, he was never charged. Same as Watson. They are both sexual assaults by law just Ben’s would be 1st degree and Watson is 3rd degree both are felony’s. I get that big Ben’s sounds worse but against 24 is much different then one. Again both were thrown out due to lack of criminal evidence which is a much higher standard of evidence.

Agree. I can't see Goddell allowing the perception of the league to be tarnished by letting DW off so easily

p.s. Somehow, the precedence set by the Ray Rice incident has to factor in also.

While I think the ray rice thing was horrible, I find this much worse. Rices career was ruined meanwhile the victim stayed with Rice and later married him. Probably dumb move on her part but in a way it hurt the victim as much as it hurt Rice. With cases like this is 24 victims that have no ties to the suspected. It’s also important to note that Rices case was also dismissed which means in the eyes of the criminal justice system, rice wasn’t convicted much like Ben and Watson but also didn’t have any civil suits. Guess it’s a weird take and certainly now saying Rice isn’t a complete a-hole but it’s a different way to look at it.

Meh … IDK about all that. They’ve still got a lethal running game and a pretty solid D.

They won’t be contenders, but they shouldn’t be leaguewide basement dwellers either.
When teams load the box we shall see cause Jacobys arm is well…

And the Oline lost not added since last season

Last edited:
I think it's less than 50% chance that Brisket is the starter against us game 10. Between Watson getting less than 10 game suspension, Baker playing for the Browns this season, or a late acquisition of a better vet, I think it's greater than 50% together. I hope I'm wrong of course.

smirk drinking GIF

Everyone needs to be warned that if the Browns trade something like a 2023 or 24 2nd or 3rd round pick to the Dolphins for Teddy Bridgewater, I'm going to be completely ******* insufferable until the preseason starts.
Totally delusional. We are extremely unlikely to get a future 2nd or 3rd round pick for Teddy Bridgewater. The reality is that we upgraded the backup QB role and we are set with Teddy as a decent improvement from Brissett. Banking on Skyler to handle the backup role straight away is optimism gone crazy. We don't know what we have in our 6th round draft pick that every other NFL team steered clear of.

I think it's less than 50% chance that Brisket is the starter against us game 10. Between Watson getting less than 10 game suspension, Baker playing for the Browns this season, or a late acquisition of a better vet, I think it's greater than 50% together. I hope I'm wrong of course.
From your list, I would say that only "a late acquisition of a better vet", has any real likelihood of happening.

Totally delusional. We are extremely unlikely to get a future 2nd or 3rd round pick for Teddy Bridgewater. The reality is that we upgraded the backup QB role and we are set with Teddy as a decent improvement from Brissett. Banking on Skyler to handle the backup role straight away is optimism gone crazy. We don't know what we have in our 6th round draft pick that every other NFL team steered clear of.

…and this is why.

From your list, I would say that only "a late acquisition of a better vet", has any real likelihood of happening.
Not aware of any that are available TBH. It looks like Mayfield is telling them to pound sand. The Brown's antics gives new meaning to the phrase "screwed the pooch". So glad we didn't go down the Watson path.

If the lawsuit shows the Texans knew and covered anything from the browns, I could See the browns appealing to get this years pick back

I’ve said it time and time again, this scenario is not a surprise to the Browns at all. They did their due diligence, knew more than anyone else did about Watson’s situation, and made a well educated decision fully prepared for Brissett to be the starter for a year.

Now more stories are coming out that it will be a 6-8 game suspension. Those that thought the Browns were just willing to flush 250 million dollars down the toilet all Willy-nilly on a gamble they didn’t do their research on are simply not being rational or logical.

No business would operate that recklessly, much less one of the elite businesses in the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom