I just read that Brissett will be the Browns #1 QB this year | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I just read that Brissett will be the Browns #1 QB this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still in shock thinking that Brissett will be a starter for anyone. I'm sure the Browns will get a starter from some late cut, or a late trade for someone that is currently a backup. Browns would be insane to go with him.
"Browns would be insane"
I think you have answered your own question - LOL

Not sure how accurate this is but...

The AP reporter is speculating because he claimed the NFL leaked that to not put pressure on the abitratoir on the year suspension. He then said the NFL would appeal that to get the year long original suspension.

The AP reporter is speculating because he claimed the NFL leaked that to not put pressure on the abitratoir on the year suspension. He then said the NFL would appeal that to get the year long original suspension.
Yeah, I think a year suspension is the most likely and what the Browns were prepared for.

The Browns have some talent, I expect Brissett to look much better than last year. Of course, there’s no way to go but up…

I understand the nflpa is pushing for something not as severe.

As it’s their job however nfl isn’t backing down and the two are far apart. Nfl wants indefinite and Nflpa is crazy and wants nothing which is crazy considering Big Ben precedent with only 1 civil. My guess is Watson will settle for a year rather than take chance and go to arbitration which could end in indefinitely. I see 8-12 as absolute min but really think he gets the year. Think off the backlash the nfl will get if Ridley gets a year and Watson goes out on a serial sexual assault spree and doesn’t get as much or less. They’d be crucified which is why I think they all going all out to nail him.

As it’s their job however nfl isn’t backing down and the two are far apart. Nfl wants indefinite and Nflpa is crazy and wants nothing which is crazy considering Big Ben precedent with only 1 civil. My guess is Watson will settle for a year rather than take chance and go to arbitration which could end in indefinitely. I see 8-12 as absolute min but really think he gets the year. Think off the backlash the nfl will get if Ridley gets a year and Watson goes out on a serial sexual assault spree and doesn’t get as much or less. They’d be crucified which is why I think they all going all out to nail him.

It was one civil and one legal plus they weren't sexual misconduct they were plain rape accusations. He got 6 games. I think one full season is fine in Watson's case. I hope that is the investigator's recommendation.

Agree. I can't see Goddell allowing the perception of the league to be tarnished by letting DW off so easily

p.s. Somehow, the precedence set by the Ray Rice incident has to factor in also.

Agree. I can't see Goddell allowing the perception of the league to be tarnished by letting DW off so easily

p.s. Somehow, the precedence set by the Ray Rice incident has to factor in also.
I also agree that it will be a full year. You have to take in account as well its a different cultural climate today.

Corporations do not want to have any bad press, and are more aware of media perception.

or a late trade for someone that is currently a backup

smirk drinking GIF

Everyone needs to be warned that if the Browns trade something like a 2023 or 24 2nd or 3rd round pick to the Dolphins for Teddy Bridgewater, I'm going to be completely ******* insufferable until the preseason starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom