I like ronnie brown but besides Chris Johnson.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like ronnie brown but besides Chris Johnson....

These kind of idiotic statements befuddle me.. Did you not see that angle that Safety had on Ronnie. I could your logic on all of AP runs today. Let me ask you who had the longest run from scrimmage today ??
He took a great angle and Ronnie would've cut back if given the chance or definitely stiff arm him but he came in perfectly.

it was a great play no doubt. Changed field position and everything.

The fact the OP brought up was that it could have been a 99 yd td. He would have been enshried in NFL and dolphin record books.

He could have ATLEAST tried to break it back across field. He MAY have gotten tired OR figured he did good ENOUGH. But the fact is he could have done it or ATLEAST tried and he did not. I for one in that position or most RBs would have tried to score from there. How awesome would that have been?

He could have cut back. He's faster than Medau Williams, especially with 30 yards of cut back room. The last defender trailing was 10 yards behind him.

I haven't read the entire thread, but the only answer to the question is Tony Dorsett. There's a reason that no one else has done that. No need to criticize.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81aa4e61/Ronnie-Brown-51-yard-run

What more do you want him to do there? You are complaining about him not making an effort to shed the tackler? Did you even watch the replay of it before posting this thread? Look at the angle the safety had and he clearly attempted to stiff arm the defender and got brought down by his legs. He could not 'plow' over the defender from that angle and a stiff arm is difficult also to pull off... you can tell his momentum had an effect also. Ronnie looked like he wanted to get as far as he possibly could without slowing his run down. Jeeze, talk about overreaction from our biggest gain on offense all game.

You are still missing the point about the fact that Ronnie has had ample opportunities to take long runs to the house throughout his career and pretty much failed on every attempt. Does that mean he is a bad back? Heck no. However as a franchise that would have me second guessing and looking for a young stud rb in the draft and not signing RB to a lucrative deal that he is probably going to be looking for. The run today by Brown just finally confirmed FOR ME that RB is not an elite back based on his past, regardless of previous injuries or not.

Again don't confuse this as me hating on RB. I just now fully see RB for what he is and it was confirmed for me today.

Concerning Marshall, we knew what we were getting in Marshall and the dolphins F.O. NEVER confused Brandon Marshall for a track star. However he fits EXACTLY what BP, JI and TS love in players. He is physical and dominant when it comes to making the catch and getting YAC.

I sounds to me like your explanation for why Brandon Marshall is a valuable player fits perfectly for Ronnie Brown. I will adjust the quote: "Concerning Brown, we knew what we were getting in Brown and the F.O. NEVER confused Ronnie Brown for a track star. However, he fits exactly what BP, JI and TS love in players. He is physical and dominant when it comes to running the football and getting yards after initial contact."

You are still missing the point about the fact that Ronnie has had ample opportunities to take long runs to the house throughout his career and pretty much failed on every attempt. Does that mean he is a bad back? Heck no. However as a franchise that would have me second guessing and looking for a young stud rb in the draft and not signing RB to a lucrative deal that he is probably going to be looking for. The run today by Brown just finally confirmed FOR ME that RB is not an elite back based on his past, regardless of previous injuries or not.

Again don't confuse this as me hating on RB. I just now fully see RB for what he is and it was confirmed for me today.

Concerning Marshall, we knew what we were getting in Marshall and the dolphins F.O. NEVER confused Brandon Marshall for a track star. However he fits EXACTLY what BP, JI and TS love in players. He is physical and dominant when it comes to making the catch and getting YAC.

There is only one back in the league that scores on that play.... CJ from Tennessee. Many other backs don't even make the 50. We signed Kory Sheets to make big plays but he's broken. the glass is less than half full for you my friend.

Yeah, it's just a bit disappointing seeing that gaping whole and Ronnie not being able to take it all the way.
He's a mudder; and it's bittersweet - He will get the tough yardage but is not a home run threat.
Sheets would have been gone!
BUT the Dolphins would NEVER have given the ball to Sheets on our own 1 yard line.

It's a real quandry is whether or not to give Ronnie the big contract he wants next year. Compelling arguments can be made on both sides.
One thing is for certain though, if we don't the Patriots will - too much history there of ex-Dolphins going to NE & winning SB's.
Let's enjoy Ronnie for this year, hope he stays healthy!

"He shoulda stiff-armed the guy or SOMETHING"
He TRIED to stiff-arm him.

"He shoulda cut back"
Damn did you people even watch the play. Do you NOT see the second defender 5 yards behind the first? If he stops to cut back, all he does it get nailed by the second defender wherever he tries to make the cut.

I dunno what you people want. You want RB to magically lose .2 seconds on his 40 time? Or maybe we should just replace him with Nolan Carrol or something. He's pretty damn fast.

a healthy ronnie = an elite running back in the NFL.

as was said many times previously, practically nobody today or in history goes the distance on that play.

sign the man.

I haven't read the entire thread so excuse me if I'm repeating someone else.

RB is a 230 beast. He's not a scat back nor is he intended to break 99yrd runs. He is supposed to be a back used to chew up both the clock and the defense. Of course he will break some runs, but he isn't Barry Sanders.

Saying that, IMO, there are some RB's who would have ran it all the way for a TD.

CJ, AP, Rice, R. Williams, LT (maybe), Turner, Sproles, Bush

Also, the angle the DB had on Ronnie was the main reason he didn't get further. Ronnie isn't CJ fast but he's not slow either.

a healthy ronnie = an elite running back in the NFL.

as was said many times previously, practically nobody today or in history goes the distance on that play.

sign the man.

So you are saying that a healthy ronnie brown is similar to Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson?

Back
Top Bottom