I like this... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like this...

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
(thomasdel @ Apr 28 2004, 04:36 PM)
AJ played very well for us especially considering it was the stretch run of the season. In fact his first full game was against the Rams on a very blustery and cold day. One of the first real cold days of the season. The receivers had the dropsies all day and if they had been only average he would have put up 24 in the first half alone. No lie, he hit guys in stride down the seem twice which were both dropped, he hit a corner route on the money, dropped. And he hit a deep fade route to the RB right in the breadbasket which was bobbled and dropped.
I mean on the money in his first ever game!!??

I know it's just a fan but, It's good to hear AJ can handle the cold and still play well....

another thing.....I was watching those highlights on nfl.com and I realize that anybody can hit 2 or 3 good passes a game but, most of those passes on the highlights are 30+ yards.....i bet you'd be hard pressed to put together 5 games from Fiedler where he hit 3 passes over thirty yards....especially perfectly thrown balls like the ones AJ hit....just a thought.

The guy has potential, I just hope he starts game one of realizing it...that's all folks..I'm behind him 100% if he's our starting QB and I'll be on his bandwagon to do good.

I am with you guys, I think the kid is going to be alright...

Now if we can get our OL together and get them to play decent...

*yawn*

The guy still has only played 13 games since High School. 8 college, 5 pro.

I will wait and see something, if I see anything before I get pumped up by some Eagles fan.

I think he was a BIG (huge, ,monsterous, gigantic, mamouth, epic) gamble.

The radio station here in Buffalo had interviews with beat reporters for the other 3 AFC East teams today.

The Miami guy said that he liked what he saw in the games Feeley played in Philadelphia...but in watching the tape he found AJ had all day to make the throw...and that wouldn't be the case now. He also said he's not convinced that Feeley is better than Fiedler.

Spikes said:
The radio station here in Buffalo had interviews with beat reporters for the other 3 AFC East teams today.

The Miami guy said that he liked what he saw in the games Feeley played in Philadelphia...but in watching the tape he found AJ had all day to make the throw...and that wouldn't be the case now. He also said he's not convinced that Feeley is better than Fiedler.
Was his name fin-atic?

All he has to do is play solid........if he exceeds that it will be awseome, but with the players that we have around him......he just has to play solid........thats all we need, heck thats all we have been needing for the past three or so years.........hopefully, around mid-season, us dolfans will realize we no longer have to hold our breath when the qb drops back........hopefully.

Spikes said:

Well than we got a plus in AJ...

When JF had all day to make the throws he was still off target most of the time... ;)

Disnardo said:
Well than we got a plus in AJ...

When JF had all day to make the throws he was still off target most of the time... ;)

When did Fiedler have all day to make throws? I know that it never happened in 2003.....

fin-atic said:
*yawn*

The guy still has only played 13 games since High School. 8 college, 5 pro.

I will wait and see something, if I see anything before I get pumped up by some Eagles fan.

I think he was a BIG (huge, ,monsterous, gigantic, mamouth, epic) gamble.

Still having fiedler "competing" for the starting job is the real gamble................I have a feeling Feeley is going to show us finfans something.........I think we have forgotten what a completion in stride looks like.

This team's offense is predicated largely on two things:
75% Ricky
25% play-action pass

In order to be successful we need these things to occur (in order of importance):
1) Our O-line has to gel as a squad, theres no questioning its youth and talent, we just need it to find its vocal leader and for them to fight as a unit.
2) Feeley just has to hit the intermediate open passes for him to be considered a success. Any of those highlight-reel throws are just a bonus. Ricky will bounce back this year, leaving AJ with plenty of opportunities to hit these guys. AJ must succeed where Fiedler has failed. He's a pro quarterback from crying out loud. If he can't do it, Spielman deserves to lose his job. This was his biggest gamble, and Spielman's biggest gamble has to be competent enough to high a receiver wide open 25-30 yards away. Look for Boston and Mcmichael to have big years. Teams should mock what the pats run on offense. Whats the sense of continuously praying for a successful 40 yard go-route down the sidelines when we can hit a 7 yard hitch 98% of the time and ricky will get 3 yards in the two (or 3) other downs.... The quicker teams learn that, the more efficient they will be!

That being said, expect Feeley to put up around 3000 yards 19 tds and 10 ints... thats a pretty good season for someone who will not be considered the go-to-guy on the offense... Fins fans are starting to forget, this is ricky's offense. David Boston's acquisition won't change this. It will buy ricky some room in the box, and even take away some catches from Chambers. But we will be any where from 10th to 15th in total offense this year. Barring a major defensive breakdown due to injuries, look for a successful season. Im going to go out on a limb and define this as at least making the AFC championship, Wanny's job depends on it...

TheBostonBomber said:
Still having fiedler "competing" for the starting job is the real gamble................I have a feeling Feeley is going to show us finfans something.........I think we have forgotten what a completion in stride looks like.

Amen brother.

Back
Top Bottom