I like this... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like this...

After Wayne H's comments, if he allows Dave to play Super Conservative again for more than one game, Dave isn't the problem, Wayne is. At that point we need another owner, not just another coach.

inFINSible said:
I understand that, and I agree....and if we had any other coach besides Dave W, I wouldn't give it a second thought. But that described Wanny-ball to a "T".

Maybe Collier will have more leeway or maybe the orders will come down the pipe when we're sitting on a 14 point lead at halftime...."Uh, listen Joe(Norv, Chan), we got this thing in the bag....I don't want to risk a turnover, let's run Ricky as much as possible and only throw when we have to...okay buddy....you just make sure that happens okay....I'll talk to you tomorrow, won't have time after the game, gotta get the old 'stache waxed before I go on camera....say hello to the misses"....*winks and shoots him with an imaginary gun*

See what I mean? :(

inFINSible said:
Brought this up to get some more comments about this part....This worries me big time.... :(

Well, that worries all of us under Dave. It has nothing to do with AJ as much as it does with vanilla play calling. No QB (Brady for example) does well with predictable play calling against a good defense. Jay had that against him as well. Problem with jay was half the time he had a good play called, either he threw a bad pass or the WR dropped the ball. Then it was back to running Ricky with a crappy line that couldn't block.

If you're worrying, don't be worrying about AJ or his ability yet.

PhinPhan1227 said:
ROFL...you'd be hard pressed to put together 5 PASSES from Fiedler where he hit for over 30 yards.... :lol:
I'd have to say you're right, if you're talking over 30, in stride, and not some circus catch...:lol:

Well guys I will be at the Mini-Camp tommorrow at 3:00 pm sharp. So, I will get a real good look at our boy A.J. From what I hearing so far is that he has a real strong and accurate arm, which is all we need. I doubt we will be asking A.J. to be the next Vick, but instead when we set up the play-action fake he hits Chris, Boston or whoever else is running down the field wide friggin open. That's all we need. I can recall several time last year Chambers is running down the field wide open and Noodle Arm completely missed him. Hopefully, A.J. is as accurate is Spielman thinks he his. So far the way this off-season have unfolded I would put my money on Speilman.

I look forward to a full report crazy. I'm not saying the OL is not important at all. Just that as a good RB can make an OL look good, a good QB can do the same. Was it Richmond Webb and Keith Sims who made Dan look good? Or was it Dan's quick release and pocket presence that made Richmond look good all those years. I'm more inclined to say it was Dan than Richmond, though they were both good. You look at some of the top LTs in the game like Jonathon Ogden, Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, and Tony Boselli. Did Jones' or Ogden's presence make subpar QBs look like stars? No. Did Boselli and Pace's presence do that? Possibly. I've just seen a lot of QBs make plays and help their teams win without much on the offensive line protecting them, but I haven't seen a whole lot of great offensive lines turn bad quarterbacks into stars...seen a few, don't get me wrong, but just not many.

Back
Top Bottom