I like this... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like this...

Don't forget he played in a West Coast offenese where most of his passes were under 15 yards. I'm really anxious to see what he can do with the burners we have on the outside at receiver and with ricky behind him. Looking forward to a big year from Feeley.

inFINSible said:
CaliEagle again......this one will scare the he// out of you....:(

If you do get the games on tape, you will notice that Andy had moments where he let AJ be aggressive and then for some odd reason he would get really conservative. In the Giant loss, Andy let AJ throw a lot on first down on the first drive...which was effective. But, then for some odd reason, Andy became predictable after that by running on 1st and 2nd down most of the rest of the game, then passing on 3rd down. That seemed to cause AJ to struggle. But, in the Seattle and Dallas game, Andy let AJ throw as much as he would let McNabb throw. So, in my opinion, some (but not all) of AJ's struggles were due to some vanilla play-calling. :cry:

Brought this up to get some more comments about this part....This worries me big time.... :(

Infins...That would be a normal reaction to them having to bring in their backup QB. If I remember correctly, in that Giants game, they had a little lead, both defenses were playing well, so Andy felt he should go with the strength he knew he had, his defense. But AJ will have all the pre-training camp camps and training camp itself to get the offense down. He should be comfortable with the offense and allow Collier to call the game with the entire playbook.

I am more concerned with how our OL gels than AJ, but that will take time. If we have to move people around alot during training camp, it could be a problem, but if they have the starters figured out by training camp time, we will be ok. I feel that within a couple of years, our OL will be a strength of the team.

LarryFinFan said:
Infins...That would be a normal reaction to them having to bring in their backup QB. If I remember correctly, in that Giants game, they had a little lead, both defenses were playing well, so Andy felt he should go with the strength he knew he had, his defense. But AJ will have all the pre-training camp camps and training camp itself to get the offense down. He should be comfortable with the offense and allow Collier to call the game with the entire playbook.

I am more concerned with how our OL gels than AJ, but that will take time. If we have to move people around alot during training camp, it could be a problem, but if they have the starters figured out by training camp time, we will be ok. I feel that within a couple of years, our OL will be a strength of the team.
I understand that, and I agree....and if we had any other coach besides Dave W, I wouldn't give it a second thought. But that described Wanny-ball to a "T".

Maybe Collier will have more leeway or maybe the orders will come down the pipe when we're sitting on a 14 point lead at halftime...."Uh, listen Joe(Norv, Chan), we got this thing in the bag....I don't want to risk a turnover, let's run Ricky as much as possible and only throw when we have to...okay buddy....you just make sure that happens okay....I'll talk to you tomorrow, won't have time after the game, gotta get the old 'stache waxed before I go on camera....say hello to the misses"....*winks and shoots him with an imaginary gun*

See what I mean? :(

Last edited:
inFINSible said:
Maybe Collier will have more leeway or maybe the orders will come down the pipe when we're sitting on a 14 point lead at halftime...."Uh, listen Joe(Norv, Chan), we got this thing in the bag....I don't want to risk a turnover, let's run Ricky as much as possible and only throw when we have to...okay buddy....you just make sure that happens okay....I'll talk to you tomorrow, won't have time after the game, gotta get the old 'stache waxed before I go on camera....say hello to the misses"....*winks and shoots him with an imaginary gun*

See what I mean? :(

:roflmao: That is sadly funny

Hmmmm...I guess that is the one thing that is worrying most of us...that DW is still DW and may make a decision to 'not lose' rather than 'play to win'...You're probably right inFins...sad isn't it...
'

I just hope Dave has heard the critics, even the owner wants him to let the offense be more aggressive. I like the fact tresmans in there with Collier. he brings that passing aggresive style that the Raiders had to get to the superbowl. Maybe a mix of both will turn out well.Dolfanreal69

LarryFinFan said:

The OL will ultimately decide the offensive output in 2004. They play well{better than last year}, and Ricky should return to his 2002 form. Once he's going strong, everything will open up for Feeley IMO....

AJ Feeley is going to be fine. He's ready to take control, and I'm more than willing to give him the shot. Jay had his chances, and he's just not consistant enough to keep the starting job IMO....

The OL must improve however. It all starts up front.... :evil:

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

We can speculate all we want really...we've heard so much and so many different things about Feeley thing is there's no guarantee for better or worst that he'll even be the same quarterback when he starts a full season as he was when he played for the Eagles over those 6 games (am I the only one that gives him credit for coming in the San Fran game and throwing the winning TD on like, his 1st or 2nd throw as a professional?).

Ray Lucas came in for like 8 games (albeit without much pressure cuz the Jets were losing bad all year) and looked good then got to Miami came in and was a completely different quarterback.

We'll see. He's got potential. Nobody's arguing that. But 3000+ yards 19 TDs and 10 INTs is wishful thinking in his first year as a starter. He will run into a few snags, have a few bad games, and yes, his mistakes probably will cost us at least one game this year.

I just find it strange the varied reports I'm hearing. On the one hand coming out of college his arm was viewed as weak. He kind of has that stigma in Philly too. On the other hand we're hearing that our WRs are having to adjust to the rockets being thrown them from AJ, and on top of that we're hearing AJ suffered from a lot of drops in Philly. Where I reconcile these for now, until I see him play, is that he lacks touch on his short passes and throws about the same velocity ball at all ranges. This would make his long ball look on the weaker side, and would make his short ball look like he has a strong arm and would also cause numerous drops. I could be wrong its just a guess.

Also, I hear conflicting things about his accuracy on distances. My friend Jackson tells me that he's real good with short passes, falters a bit long. AJ himself though says he loves throwing it long...and now I'm hearing his best throws are long and intermediate throws...and on short passes he's not good.

The OL will ultimately decide the offensive output in 2004

I disagree. At least, the OL wont decide more than usual for all NFL teams. The QB runs the offense. How well it runs will be a reflection of him. If Feeley tanks, Spielman looks dumb. If he does well, Spielman looks like a genius. The tools are there for AJ. The protection may not be ideal, but with the addition of Carey it should be good enough to run the ball as long as AJ can back off the Safeties. Thats the key. The QB has to get those safeties to back off. He's got the WRs that can get behind the safeties, he just has to make the throws. This offense is on AJ Feeley. The QB remains the most important position in football no matter what people try to say about "caretakers"

ckparrothead said:
I disagree. At least, the OL wont decide more than usual for all NFL teams. The QB runs the offense. How well it runs will be a reflection of him. If Feeley tanks, Spielman looks dumb. If he does well, Spielman looks like a genius. The tools are there for AJ. The protection may not be ideal, but with the addition of Carey it should be good enough to run the ball as long as AJ can back off the Safeties. Thats the key. The QB has to get those safeties to back off. He's got the WRs that can get behind the safeties, he just has to make the throws. This offense is on AJ Feeley. The QB remains the most important position in football no matter what people try to say about "caretakers"

CK, while I agree with this to a certain point, you can not dismiss the fact that in order for a QB to back off Safeties, he much have at least 3 to 4 seconds for a 12+ play..he much drop back, set up, find his target and throw. For your case, the throw must be accurate and hit it's intended target. For that to happen the guys in the trenches must give time. The game has always and will always start in the trenches, even Carey realized this. In order for Ricky to get some yards he knows there must be a hold. We saw Ricky get stuff behind the line so many times last year that it wasn't funny. He'd get the ball and a Defender at the same time. In the end the OL will decide to a great degree how far this O goes. The skilled players can make up for some of the deficencies of a OL, ie. Barry Sanders. But for our O style and players, the line does play a major role.

inFINSible said:
.....i bet you'd be hard pressed to put together 5 games from Fiedler where he hit 3 passes over thirty yards....especially perfectly thrown balls like the ones AJ hit....just a thought.

ROFL...you'd be hard pressed to put together 5 PASSES from Fiedler where he hit for over 30 yards.... :lol:

TheBostonBomber said:
I guess all we can do is hope that the fo has learned from there mistakes...........if they have, it should be a mute point..............but if not, we are in for a long season of bs play calling that I can call from my toilet seat when im just listening to the damn game!

MOOT!!...sorry, pet peeve.

ckparrothead said:

Lol...the way you phrased it I have to agree AND disagree with you. As you stated, the OL will have the same impact it does on every team. Where you went wrong is not recognizing that the O-line is the foundation of a football team. Unless a team has a D that can carry it completely, that team will go as far as the O-line can carry it. A really good O-line makes the QB better(more time), and as such makes the WR's better. Ditto the RB. Mediocre Offensive players can look like stars behind a really good O-line. And the reverse is true as well.

Back
Top Bottom