I Love Our HC and GM But... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Love Our HC and GM But...

phinking

Active Roster
Reaction score
Bobby McCain was released yesterday in what could reasonably be considered a salary cap move. The Dolphins have drafted 2 Safeties the last 2 years. And they also brought in Malik Hooker for a tryout. What this tells me is something I knew all along which I have been saying the day they released Minkah Fitzpatrick. They screwed up very badly on that move. McCain was never in the same class as Fitzpatrick is. And they have been trying to for 2 years now to right a wrong and they can't. It's a damn shame.

Bobby McCain was released yesterday in what could reasonably be considered a salary cap move. The Dolphins have drafted 2 Safeties the last 2 years. And they also brought in Malik Hooker for a tryout. What this tells me is something I knew all along which I have been saying the day they released Minkah Fitzpatrick. They screwed up very badly on that move. McCain was never in the same class as Fitzpatrick is. And they have been trying to for 2 years now to right a wrong and they can't. It's a damn shame.
Jevon Holland should help.

Yes, Fitz was/is a great safety...

But if he doesn't wanna be here..what are they supposed to do?

Players have personalities, his didn't want to play for us. So, see ya. I have no problem losing him. I want players who want to play for us.
Exactly...he may have been a "jack-of-all-trades" positonless player when we drafted him..and I guess he didn't like that..now he's purely a safety and thriving..but he didn't want to be here at all..so see ya! True, True.

Exactly...he may have been a "jack-of-all-trades" positonless player when we drafted him..and I guess he didn't like that..now he's purely a safety and thriving..but he didn't want to be here at all..so see ya! True, True.
He was a pure Safety when we drafted him. Flores came in and all of a sudden they couldn't figure out what to do with him? and to top it of they were getting embarrassed on the field.

He was a pure Safety when we drafted him. Flores came in and all of a sudden they couldn't figure out what to do with him? and to top it of they were getting embarrassed on the field.
Not really..he was seen as a guy who could play Safety, CB, slot..all over. That's why we drafted him and many articles suggested as such and so did what we did with him on the field.

So I am not sure where you got that information from...

...maybe his best position is Safety, we can all see that...but we drafted him for his versatility.

He's been a great player (individually) for Pittsburgh but it ain't like he's taken them above and beyond to the playoffs..so not sure he was their "missing piece" or even ours. :shrug:

Minkah wasnt really a pure safety when we drafted him. He was all over the field in college and played a lot in the slot, he was just projected to be a S in the NFL. Minkah knew what he was going to be used as when he was drafted and was fine with it at first but then when he struggled and realized it was too hard and he couldnt do it he wanted out.

Minkah wasnt really a pure safety when we drafted him. He was all over the field in college and played a lot in the slot, he was just projected to be a S in the NFL. Minkah knew what he was going to be used as when he was drafted and was fine with it at first but then when he struggled and realized it was too hard and he couldnt do it he wanted out.
You are right on the money. He was a better slot corner than pure safety and was better closer to the line of scrimmage than as a center fielder type safety but isn't really built for that. His strength as a player is his versatility but he wanted no part of that in Miami. When he realized Miami was going into complete rebuild mode he forced his way out.

IMO you can’t expect players drafted by a previous regime to thrive in a new staff’s system. Minkah struggled in our system to the point he baby rage quit on the team by forcing a trade. He gets to play like a selfish gambler on the Steelers, so he got what he wanted. He makes a lot of splash plays that get him Pro Bowl votes, but he isn’t really a consistent player.

Uhm, yeah. When Minkah made it clear he didn't want to play for Flores and be a Dolphin, I chalked it up as a lesson learned and moved on. The same thing will be for X if he starts some stuff again about needing to be the highest-paid CB. The dude is already making a mint. Divas will ruin the chemistry of a team and screw up the salary cap, which will make it harder for us to win in the long run. There comes the point where we have to let these guys go.

Back
Top Bottom