I Love Our HC and GM But... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Love Our HC and GM But...

I feel this is a totally misplaced argument.

1) We know Minkah Fitzpatrick was good. That was why we took him.
2) We know he did not like his coaching assignments. He and his family were very vocal about it.
3) We traded off a good player who had become a malcontent which can have a bad effect on a team.
4) He has done well with his new team and is now operating out of the same assignments he complained about here.
5) His new team was better than ours and he was able to pickoff a lot of deflected passes the rest of his team deserves a lot of credit for. This was apparent in most of his highlight replays.

That's it.

There is nothing new about this kind of situation. Often, it is the trade itself that becomes a reality check for the player. In this case the player went to a better team and thrived in a situation he complained about on his first team.

What do you think he is going to say when he gets traded in the next 2 years, which is the trajectory his team will be going in as they look for a new QB and their defense is on the field longer?

When your argument can be paraphrased as a lot of "but's" and "if's", it is not an argument; it's a whine.
AND, we got a first round pick for him.

Uhm, yeah. When Minkah made it clear he didn't want to play for Flores and be a Dolphin, I chalked it up as a lesson learned and moved on. The same thing will be for X if he starts some stuff again about needing to be the highest-paid CB. The dude is already making a mint. Divas will ruin the chemistry of a team and screw up the salary cap, which will make it harder for us to win in the long run. There comes the point where we have to let these guys go.
I'm sure if you had a coworker making more than you while doing less than you, instead of getting fair pay you'd suggest to them that they fire you instead to keep the chemistry of the business going.

Wait...is this a Minkah thread? 2ish years later? My god man! Get the hell over it. You can visit him on over there in Pittsburgh.
Dolphin fans: it's hot and sunny will it ever rain?

Hours later.

when will we see the sun again been raining for hours?

K
Minkah seems to complain alot when he doesn't get his way, even in Pittsburg.
What happened in Pittsburgh? I live here and have not hear a thing except they picked up his fifth year option. I know the fans love him.

AND, we got a first round pick for him.
We got Austin Jackson for him. It is nice to think of first round picks . But the first round pick turned into Austin Jackson. So the trade is Mikah for Jackson. No other way to put it. If Jackson works out it is a good trade for both teams. If he doesn't then it was a terrible trade. No other way to look at it. Mikah is an All Pro even if some try to say that isn't true or luck. Hopefully Jackson imroves this year.

I'm sure if you had a coworker making more than you while doing less than you, instead of getting fair pay you'd suggest to them that they fire you instead to keep the chemistry of the business going.
Nah. We are talking apples and oranges here. My point is about his ego and his needing to be the highest-paid CB. His contract is fair, and he makes a lot of money. He should be happy with it and let us use the rest of our cap to surround him with better players to win some football games. A few extra million or so won't make a difference to him one way or the other regarding his lifestyle and standard of living but could make a difference on the quality of player we could have or have not on our team.

We got Austin Jackson for him. It is nice to think of first round picks . But the first round pick turned into Austin Jackson. So the trade is Mikah for Jackson. No other way to put it. If Jackson works out it is a good trade for both teams. If he doesn't then it was a terrible trade. No other way to look at it. Mikah is an All Pro even if some try to say that isn't true or luck. Hopefully Jackson imroves this year.
Why does an All-Pro season based on a lucky 4-5 game stretch raise the bar on what Austin Jackson needs to get to in order to make the trade worth it? Minkah is no different in Pittsburgh than he was in MIami. He's a good, not great player who makes an occasional play and then gets stiff armed into next week the following play.

We were sold a bill of goods by Saban on his leadership. It is what it is.

Nah. We are talking apples and oranges here. My point is about his ego and his needing to be the highest-paid CB. His contract is fair, and he makes a lot of money. He should be happy with it and let us use the rest of our cap to surround him with better players to win some football games. A few extra million or so won't make a difference to him one way or the other regarding his lifestyle and standard of living but could make a difference on the quality of player we could have or have not on our team.
He's not even the highest paid cornerback on his own team.

This isn't apples and oranges at all.

He's not even the highest paid cornerback on his own team.

This isn't apples and oranges at all.
We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one, dude. X is a great player and a Dolphin. I wish nothing but the best for him.

Players have personalities, his didn't want to play for us. So, see ya. I have no problem losing him. I want players who want to play for us.
Can't lose what you didn't have. PIT version of Minkah never played for MIA.

Back
Top Bottom