I Love Our HC and GM But... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Love Our HC and GM But...

Exactly...he may have been a "jack-of-all-trades" positonless player when we drafted him..and I guess he didn't like that..now he's purely a safety and thriving..but he didn't want to be here at all..so see ya! True, True.
He didn't want to be here Because the Dolphins were putting him into position to fail and look bad.
His image was suffering from looking like a bum because of Miami pushing stuff on him he wasnt able to do on day 1. He didnt want to 'grow into Tyron Matthieu'. He wanted to play safety and go to the ProBowl and get accolades.

The Dolphins flat-out F'd up the situation. It's embarrassing and maddening.

After the terrible start to the 2019 season Minkah clearly wasn't interested in the bigger picture and had no interest in helping a team going through a total rebuild. If there's no fight in the player I can't see Flores having any time for them and rightly so

How many years have we been trying to fix the QB positions since Marino? Finally did so with Tua yet we're complaining about a 2 year safety replacement???
Jury is out on Tua, and Im on his side. Facts are facts.

Cause I don't believe it is luck or a 4 or 5 good game stretch. I live in Pittsburgh. I see them every week besides watching dolphins games with nfl sunday ticket. I believe he is a really good player . Maybe the all pro stuff is a little over rated but otherwise I think he is a top safety. If you don't that is fine. But it was for a first round pick and that pick turned into Jackson. Just like Patrick Surtain use to talk about how he was traded for Mat Roth. Surtain was traded for a second rounder to the chiefs. We used that pick on Matt Roth. Surtain laughed about that. People here love to collect draft picks that they are gold. But eventually they turn into players. If the player that you take isn't as good as you drafted then the trade was a failure.

Bottom line is we are still searching for a safety. We might have got one in the draft this year. But we didn't need to trade Mikah. He had no damn leverage. He was a second year player. What was he going to do? retire or sit for 4 years?. The problem was it was Flores first year and he wanted to use Mikah a certain way. Flores wasn't going to budge because he had to show it was his way since it was his first year. I think if this happened in Flores second year he would have been more willing to listen to Mikah and make some adjustments. Let not make it out that he is not a good player. If you don;'t believe me. Ask ross, flores and grier. They had lunch and dinner with him to try to convince him to stay. They understood he was a good player.
Yeah, he is a good player. Good, not great. That's my whole thing. There's no use crying over a player who I don't think is elite.

We brought him in to play multiple positions because that's what Saban said he could do. Flores loved that idea when he got here, but Minkah cried about it instead. Went to Pittsburgh where they put him at one position and he played well for a stretch, but was essentially invisible the last 1/3 or 1/4 of the season after getting All-Pro to the point where in the offseason he mentioned to the media that maybe they need to move him around so teams don't know where he is all the time. My eyes rolled back into my head a full 720 degrees when I read that. He couldn't possibly be that mentally incompetent...

But he is. That's him. Oh well, I don't care about him and wouldn't want him back if he begged.

Pittsburgh can keep him and buy all of his jerseys. One day they'll eventually come back down to reality when that 4-5 game stretch isn't obfuscating the rest of his impact. I can't be the only one that remembered all of the "What's going on with Minkah?" posts and articles last season. I just think all of this pining is overblown for a free safety with 11 missed tackles last year and 75% of his picks coming against Garrett Gilbert and Jake ****ing Luton.

He didn't want to be here Because the Dolphins were putting him into position to fail and look bad.
His image was suffering from looking like a bum because of Miami pushing stuff on him he wasnt able to do on day 1. He didnt want to 'grow into Tyron Matthieu'. He wanted to play safety and go to the ProBowl and get accolades.

Lmao. That crybaby fked up not the Dolphins. What part of best for the team am I missing? He lauded himself as a jack of all trades when he was drafted. Quotes are out there. So the Dolphins asked him to be that. How is that the Dolphins fault? He got his wish though. Good riddance. Glad we are still talking about him.šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

I posted this in another thread and Iā€™ll leave it here for you.

This might help you understand,

Minkah Fitzpatrick unhappy with singular role for Steelers​

Stop me if you have heard this before: Minkah Fitzpatrick is unhappy with how he is being used. Seems familiar does it not? Except, this time, it seems to be the exact opposite of the issues he had with the Miami Dolphins. Fitzpatrick, now a Pro Bowl player with the Pittsburgh Steelers, complained about being misused by the Dolphins, who were looking to create mismatches and play him all across the field, and is now complaining that he is stuck playing only as a free safety with the Steelers.

now can you move on........

Bobby McCain was released yesterday in what could reasonably be considered a salary cap move. The Dolphins have drafted 2 Safeties the last 2 years. And they also brought in Malik Hooker for a tryout. What this tells me is something I knew all along which I have been saying the day they released Minkah Fitzpatrick. They screwed up very badly on that move. McCain was never in the same class as Fitzpatrick is. And they have been trying to for 2 years now to right a wrong and they can't. It's a damn shame.
Yeah I donā€™t like little bitch ass players specially the ones That have their mommy cry about the position that heā€™s playing on Twitter

You are right on the money. He was a better slot corner than pure safety and was better closer to the line of scrimmage than as a center fielder type safety but isn't really built for that. His strength as a player is his versatility but he wanted no part of that in Miami. When he realized Miami was going into complete rebuild mode he forced his way out.
Yep! I remember wanting him to be that center fielding FS but solely because we have needed that for a long time. He wasn't used in that role until we had some injuries then he was absolutely awful at it then later contributed that to being moved around to much. I liked the pick when we made it, but grew to not like him quickly lol.

Bobby McCain was released yesterday in what could reasonably be considered a salary cap move. The Dolphins have drafted 2 Safeties the last 2 years. And they also brought in Malik Hooker for a tryout. What this tells me is something I knew all along which I have been saying the day they released Minkah Fitzpatrick. They screwed up very badly on that move. McCain was never in the same class as Fitzpatrick is. And they have been trying to for 2 years now to right a wrong and they can't. It's a damn shame.
Can't blame current regime for Minkah. It was a hot poopy left over from Gase.

Minkah 100% did what was best for him. Heā€™s been first team All Pro twice since forcing his way out. He was not going to be that in Miami. He was smart for doing what he did.

But weā€™re also better off without him. He didnā€™t want to play the role heā€™d have fit in Floā€™s system. Minkah had no interest in playing a hybrid safety/nickel/WLB position, but thatā€™s what Flo wants out of his safeties. At the end of the day, heā€™s a safetyā€”heā€™s not Tom Brady. You donā€™t change the system for a safety. Both sides are better off having split up.

Back
Top Bottom