I Love Our HC and GM But... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Love Our HC and GM But...

Minkah didn't want to play for a rebuilding team. Karma is taking care of him now as the Steelers are on the verge being irrelevant and Miami is building a powerhouse.

Last edited:
Bobby McCain was released yesterday in what could reasonably be considered a salary cap move. The Dolphins have drafted 2 Safeties the last 2 years. And they also brought in Malik Hooker for a tryout. What this tells me is something I knew all along which I have been saying the day they released Minkah Fitzpatrick. They screwed up very badly on that move. McCain was never in the same class as Fitzpatrick is. And they have been trying to for 2 years now to right a wrong and they can't. It's a damn shame.
🥱🥱🥱🥱

What about our defense misses Minkah? Our defense mainly got us 10 wins. One knows we can't consistently thank our "please help us God, whose the QB this quarter" offense.

Did our secondary get smoked some games? Sure did. Were we not one of the most dangerous teams at takeaways? Yes we were.

To me, my biggest concern was that I thought our defense was set and we've had more roll over than I expected. But if the defense stays as stout, all we're missing is the ability to score with the big boys.

We need a Minkah on offense. We drafted one. Waddle should help the run game immensely as well as Fuller. And if Parker and Preston can show the jump ball, amazing catch ability that WE HAVE SEEN they are more than capable of, it's all up to Tua to do the rest.

I wonder how things would have turned out of they drafted Derwin James instead..

James would have been perfect 🥲 and he was always significantly better than Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick is a lesson in patience. He forced his way out, because he didn't want to play on a bad team, and he's now looking straight up at the Browns and Ravens on a worse team than Miami. All's well that ends well.

Bobby McCain was released yesterday in what could reasonably be considered a salary cap move. The Dolphins have drafted 2 Safeties the last 2 years. And they also brought in Malik Hooker for a tryout. What this tells me is something I knew all along which I have been saying the day they released Minkah Fitzpatrick. They screwed up very badly on that move. McCain was never in the same class as Fitzpatrick is. And they have been trying to for 2 years now to right a wrong and they can't. It's a damn shame.

Princess Minkah is a relatively awful person... spoiled, selfish, and a morale killer. She is better on another team.

My recollection was that he was bitching about playing safety. Now he’s playing safety. If she don’t want to be with you, get a clue and move on.

Minka and his mom wanted out of here. He bought in to the system his first year here then they changed her mind. I think Flo envisioned MF as a wildcard for the Defense, but MF wanted to be an all star at one position so he could make bank. Key here is that MF wanted out. If you don't want to do what the coach want you to do, you get moved. Why cry over a guy who is a malcontent?

Thread needs a new title ...

Flo and Grier did what was best for the TEAM. Posts bitching about a player from years past are ridiculous IMO. You're right ... I don't have to reply but hell why not. OP's like this one tells me peeps are looking at yester-year ... wishing, wondering abut what could have been .... If I had only bought gold when it was $5 an ounce or damn I wish I had put $100 in Bitcoin 3 years ago....

There's no time for rear view mirrors my friend ...

1620389256448.png

I feel this is a totally misplaced argument.

1) We know Minkah Fitzpatrick was good. That was why we took him.
2) We know he did not like his coaching assignments. He and his family were very vocal about it.
3) We traded off a good player who had become a malcontent which can have a bad effect on a team.
4) He has done well with his new team and is now operating out of the same assignments he complained about here.
5) His new team was better than ours and he was able to pickoff a lot of deflected passes the rest of his team deserves a lot of credit for. This was apparent in most of his highlight replays.

That's it.

There is nothing new about this kind of situation. Often, it is the trade itself that becomes a reality check for the player. In this case the player went to a better team and thrived in a situation he complained about on his first team.

What do you think he is going to say when he gets traded in the next 2 years, which is the trajectory his team will be going in as they look for a new QB and their defense is on the field longer?

When your argument can be paraphrased as a lot of "but's" and "if's", it is not an argument; it's a whine.

Back
Top Bottom