I Love Our HC and GM But... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Love Our HC and GM But...

Flo, didn't just up and randomly trade Minkah.
The Dolphins stunk and he wanted no part of that. Minkah, demanded a trade. So, let's At least get those facts straight.

Minkah wanted to play FS. He didn't want to fulfill the ask which would have been the Patrick Chung role.

He is soft and didn't want to play in the box.

So he cried about it.

And thn guess what, week 1 we put him at FS which is exactly where that cry baby Nick Saban lover wanted to play.

And then he proceeded to get TORCHED all damn day.

That dude can absolutely F Off. And the glory days in Pitt are over.

Ask and you shall receive. Grass is always greener. Bird in the hand worth two in the bush, etc.

Players are their own CEO.

As the Dolphins have shown, Flores/Grier preach "team first" but show no loyalty and will cut players in a blink of an eye. Even players like McCain, echo'd team first, team Captain, switched positions from slot to undersized safety, etc and got cut because he was coming due to get paid on his contract. Not a good message to other players.

I don't blame Minkah one bit for not wanting to play for Flores. As soon as he got injured pretending to be qasi-LB, Flores would cut him without remorse. It sucks that we sent an All-Pro Safety for the next decade away.

Thread needs a new title ...

Flo and Grier did what was best for the TEAM. Posts bitching about a player from years past are ridiculous IMO. You're right ... I don't have to reply but hell why not. OP's like this one tells me peeps are looking at yester-year ... wishing, wondering abut what could have been .... If I had only bought gold when it was $5 an ounce or damn I wish I had put $100 in Bitcoin 3 years ago....

There's no time for rear view mirrors my friend ...

View attachment 75648

There are still people complaining about the Brees adventure as if someone cares

As the Dolphins have shown, Flores/Grier preach "team first" but show no loyalty and will cut players in a blink of an eye. Even players like McCain, echo'd team first, team Captain, switched positions from slot to undersized safety, etc and got cut because he was coming due to get paid on his contract. Not a good message to other players.

I don't blame Minkah one bit for not wanting to play for Flores. As soon as he got injured pretending to be qasi-LB, Flores would cut him without remorse. It sucks that we sent an All-Pro Safety for the next decade away.
It's always business never personal. Minkah should pull the string out. It works both ways. Get paid. Get traded /cut...especially if you stink. Perform get paid. He's an all-pro to some who saw 5 games of being the recipient of bounces and the next season of mediocre football where he was still named all--pro. It means jack.

Flores is in the business of having A TEAM. Not individual drama Queens. That dude is a Steeler. Good riddance.

Bobby McCain was released yesterday in what could reasonably be considered a salary cap move. The Dolphins have drafted 2 Safeties the last 2 years. And they also brought in Malik Hooker for a tryout. What this tells me is something I knew all along which I have been saying the day they released Minkah Fitzpatrick. They screwed up very badly on that move.

No, they didn‘t screw up. Because MF didn’t want to play the role they had for him at the time. He didn’t want to be a team player. If he had done either, let alone both, he’d likely still be in MIA.

If MF had bought in to whatever roles they needed him to play and did it at a high level and then they traded him, that’d have been on Grier-Flores.

Instead, he didn’t play all that well when he was in MIA and then he didn’t buy in. He caused a problem. A distraction. Which we’ve not seen by any other notable draft picks since MF left. Everyone else seems to buy in to what is asked of them.

But yet some of you still wish to believe it’s on Grier-Flores and not MF?

Then explain why Grier-Flores have a good reputation around the league. Explain why players seem to want to play for MIA. Explain why no other name draftees have ever voiced similar concerns over role or behaved in the same manner since.

Kyle Van Noy, who was a free agent acquisition, voiced concerns after he’d learned he’d be cut or traded — but not beforehand. His issues seemed to be more of a sour grapes situation in MIA giving up on him so soon. So not quite the same as MF.

So to this point in time, the MF situation has been an outlier. Considering how the Dolphins have ascended as a defense and a franchise after he left and how MF’s career has prospered — it seems quite clear they made the correct choice. Even if the Safety position isn’t manned by an all-pro.

Because MF made it clear he was never going to be that guy for MIA.

Last edited:
Minkah plays safety and in the slot as well in Pittsburgh and said he likes being moved around after his first year in Pitt

He was a pure Safety when we drafted him. Flores came in and all of a sudden they couldn't figure out what to do with him? and to top it of they were getting embarrassed on the field.
No they asked him to play multiple roles for the good of the team...and the system. Then he got Mommy involved!!!

It's a professional sport not a weekend get together with the gang. People who are professionals have to understand what is expected of them and if they can't comply they can head out. The "team first" mentality means be part of the team while you are employed by the team. Players get cut because they no longer fit what the team needs and that's just part of sports management. Not sure why you feel a sense of loyalty is required since corporate America has left this concept way back in the earlier half of the 20th century?
I work and enjoy my job but I know if they don't need my services I'll be out on my ass. I always keep my resume updated (quarterly) and look at opportunities whenever present. I can't even say it's the new paradigm as it's been like this for as long as I remember.

Minkah wasnt really a pure safety when we drafted him. He was all over the field in college and played a lot in the slot, he was just projected to be a S in the NFL. Minkah knew what he was going to be used as when he was drafted and was fine with it at first but then when he struggled and realized it was too hard and he couldnt do it he wanted out.
You are conveniently leaving out the fact that Flores anointed Bobby McCain starting FS 2 days into training camp without giving Minkah a chance to compete for that job.

Thank you Flores and Grier for getting rid of such a diva drama queen. I think his mother wanted a girl.

How many years have we been trying to fix the QB positions since Marino? Finally did so with Tua yet we're complaining about a 2 year safety replacement???
I cant resist... how in the hell did we fix the QB position since Marino? You can't be serious... actually, I remember you being a Tua lover so I can't say I'm surprised... but realistically there is no way in hell to believe that position is fixed yet... at best it's at a wait and see...

After reading some posts here... I had to verify. He surely damn is complaining over there. His dumb ass is complaining that he's only being used in a singular role and not being used at different positions. Something he was doing here... this makes me hate him even more. I hope a RB or big WR hits him so hard his mommy runs on the field to save him when he's broke in half.

I cant resist... how in the hell did we fix the QB position since Marino? You can't be serious... actually, I remember you being a Tua lover so I can't say I'm surprised... but realistically there is no way in hell to believe that position is fixed yet... at best it's at a wait and see...
I gave Tua first year a question mark, and not a F. And I am being generous.

Back
Top Bottom