I See Three Probable Options At Qb. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I See Three Probable Options At Qb.

Ray! Rosen isn't a free agent. He's still under contract and since he's still on his rookie deal as a first rounder, Arizona would have to eat a lot of dead cap to trade him.

Yes, and so would we.

This could be a wash that works well for both sides, depending on wither or not the QB's match both teams new needs & goals. Please keep in mind I'm not advocating for someone I want or don't want. I am trying to be probabilistic and pragmatic about the most obvious opportunities for potential choices of a QB at the lowest risk of our capital (cash or draft).

I was thinking along the lines of a one for one trade. They get a solid QB who is not immature and we get a young QB with some talent who may just about had his rough edges worn off. It would offer a fresh start for both of them which couldn't hurt.

In any case, I'm interested in seeing what our new coach and front office does in regards to the QB situation. I'm posing some possibilities based on not much else than apparent potential availability and what possible permutations may develop.

Rosen is a no brainer decision whether our F.O. loves him or not. He's dirt cheap and might work.

Whether it be for a two, or a three... or even a four. He's our best bet. Use our #1 to get an edge or an OG and build for the future.

You can save the 5 million next year by cutting him then too, saving 13 million is useless if we just replace it with another bum qb. If we are going to save then save and use it to get a new player or extend Howard don’t just throw it away.

Yea. I’m pretty sure you have no idea how the salary cap works.

Keeping tannehill this year only saves 7 million in dead cap.

No leverage? Their leverage is a team needing the services of a young QB that went top 10 a year ago and having the ability to say no and keep him if the offer they get is not up to their liking.

Why would they take on a $8 million dollar cap hit and settle for a third when they can keep him on as a quality backup for 3 years and $6 million total.

They cut Mike Glennon, even if they draft Murray they need a backup . . . .Rosen fits that perfectly and wouldn't require anything.

People keep assuming there will be some troubled lockerroom or something yet there is no proof of any of that.

Arizona laughs you off the phone if you offer a third . . . .as they should. Experts who say “they would give a third for Josh” haven’t thought this through.

Arizona isn’t calling teams desperate like Miami is calling teams on Ryan Tannehill . . . .they hold the cards, if you want Rosen you need to come decent.
Well, I guess time will tell

Yeah they aren’t keeping rosen to back up Murray.

My moneys on Rudock or falk being the 2019 starter as of right now.

Get your season tickets before they run out!

Yeah they aren’t keeping rosen to back up Murray.

My moneys on Rudock or falk being the 2019 starter as of right now.

Get your season tickets before they run out!

Oh I do agree if the intention is Murray, they want to trade Rosen for as much as they can. But they don’t have to be desperate in doing that or settle for something unreasonable and can play the “we’ll just keep him card” . . .especially now with cutting Glennon. I think a 3rd is unreasonable . . . .especially with this less than stellar group at QB in this draft.

I’d be real concerned about how having rosen and Murray in the same locker room would mesh.

I just don’t think it’s worth it. You take what you can get and move on.

Unless this all a ruse to draw up someone coming to #1 in trade which I don’t see how anyone can rule out.

Having the skins out of the mix as takers for rosen in trade assuming they are and I believe colt McCoy even signed an extension telling me keenum and McCoy are likely 1 and 2 going into camp puts a dent in Murray’s a lock to the cards.

Imo at least

It’s definitely harder to see the skins trading for rosen now. And Denver appears out as well

And glennon sucks so bad I don’t think it’s even worth reading into one way or the other.

And if Jax gets Foles then that's another team out so who's going to trade for Rosen at that point? I'm sure some team would still want to trade for him but they don't have to offer a high pick. At least that's how I see it. We only got a 4th for Landry and Rosen is a QB but didn't exactly looked great his rookie year. Anything is possible I guess but I'd not give up more than a 3rd IF it was up to me which is not.

I agree with those that say the qb is on the roster. Although getting Rosen for a mid round pick intrigues. And I hope they are putting out feelers on wanting to trade back in the draft...

If the price is actually a 3rd round pick it baffles my brain as to why miami wouldn’t be interested.

Teams going with stop gaps over draft options in this class waiting til 2020 pretty telling imo. And not great news for Miami.

Right now Washington and Denver and maybe even Jax regardless of any foles addition especially if there’s a 1 year out may well be all with the same 2020 eye on a qb in the draft as Miami. And likely very willing to put all their chips on the table to get it

And if Jax gets Foles then that's another team out so who's going to trade for Rosen at that point? I'm sure some team would still want to trade for him but they don't have to offer a high pick. At least that's how I see it. We only got a 4th for Landry and Rosen is a QB but didn't exactly looked great his rookie year. Anything is possible I guess but I'd not give up more than a 3rd IF it was up to me which is not.

I mean comparing Landry at a franchise tag number for a 4th should tell you a top 10 pick with 3 years and $6 million at the most important position in football is gonna cost you more than a round difference in compensation.

I mean comparing Landry at a franchise tag number for a 4th should tell you a top 10 pick with 3 years and $6 million at the most important position in football is gonna cost you more than a round difference in compensation.
I agree with that to a point. Demand and supply. Yes QB's are always on demand but at this point the teams that you'd think that want to trade for him seem to have other options. At the end of the day this will come down to how much a team really likes him/needs him and how bad Zona wants to keep him or get rid of him. It's not as simple as it may seem. I'm not saying they won't get a 2nd but I am saying I'd not give up more than a 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom