I Think This Game Turned Ryan Tannehill Supporters Away | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Think This Game Turned Ryan Tannehill Supporters Away

Can Miami win with Ryan Tannehill

• Total voters

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There's a huge difference between 4-1 and 3-2. Miami had a 17-0 lead at halftime and the offense gave us diddly poo.

So the poll is simple. Answering no means Miami is in dire need of a QB after this season.

We are in dire need of a QB and HC. I predicted 5-6 wins before the season started and I’m standing by it. This has to be Gase and Tannehill’s last year here.

It didn’t push me away from him completely. It was a chance to show that he could and the whole thing fell apart in fire and flames.

The only thing keeping me intrigued is that we started ‘16 1-4 and we’re currently sitting better than what we were then. But that’s it. There’s proof that things can turn around when things seem the darkest.

The only issue I have with movingnon, which may be what happens, is that I truthfully think we would just see the Tannehill story 2.0. We will trot a QB out behind whateverr shitty line we have created and watch him crumble behind it.

Until we get some talent in the draft in that department I don’t think it ever matters. Nothing seems bright and shiny anymore.

This feels like a 300 styled kick to the chest forever falling into the pit of fandom that is the Miami Dolphins...

I'm pretty sure if you polled GMs around the NFL and had them rank starting QBs from best to worst that Tannehill would SURELY be in the lower half, and maybe even the bottom quarter.

So yeah the line needs an upgrade, the linebackers need an upgrade, the defensive ends need an upgrade, all that. But QB position needs an upgrade as well. Pretty sure if you polled all the GMs and asked what the most important position is in the NFL it would be QB.

I don't think the question is specific enough. Can they win with him with the current state of the team? No probably not. Could they win with him if they had an alpha WR, a better OL, a better coach, and a stud TE? Yes they can.

That applies to 90% of the QBs.

The question today was not can we win with him. He actually cost us the game today with extremely stupid, rookie-like mistakes. No matter how you view the OL but both return TDs came when he made the conscious decision to a) throw the ball into a bunch of people which you shold never do when you are trying to throw the ball away and b) he cleared the pressure and was negligent with the ball and holding on too long.

The most horrifying is that our O faced one of the worst Ds in the NFL and that our own D only surrendered 13 points to an offensive juggernaut. Our offense outscored themselves 14-13. You might as well play without an offense.

can miami win with...

Patrick Brown
Nate Turner
Mike Pouncey
Richie Incognito
John Jerry
Jonathon Martin
Josh Samuda
Will Yeatman
David Arken
Dallas Thomas
Sam Brenner
Tyson Clabo
washed up Bryant McKinnie
Danny Watkins
Darren Colledge
Juwaun James
old Samson Satele
Shelley Smith
Billy Turner
end of career Brandon Albert
Jason Fox
Jamil Douglas
John Ulrich
Jacques McClendon
Jake Brendel
Jermon Bushrod
Anthony Steen
Craig Urbik
Sam Young
Isaac Asiata
Jake Brendel
Jesse Davis
Eric Smith
Ted Larson
Zach Sterup
Laremy Tunsil
Wesley Johnson
Travis Swason

Daniel Kilgore & Josh Sitton done for the year before game 5....

oh those are all our offensive lineman since 2012

Unfortunately, I think you’re right my friend.

Tannehill isn’t a bad quarterback at all. He’s had great moments and has done stuff a lot of other quarterbacks can’t do. However, he ALWAYS falls in big moments. He needs everything around him to be perfect to win. Miami isn’t going anywhere significant with him and although he’s good enough to get Miami to the playoffs he’s never going to be good enough to hoist a Lombardi barring Miami having the best defense in the NFL.

I think you can win with Tannehill, he is not elite, but when given time he usually make the play. That said, if you're offering me an upgrade I'll take it.

Unfortunately, I think you’re right my friend.

Tannehill isn’t a bad quarterback at all. He’s had great moments and has done stuff a lot of other quarterbacks can’t do. However, he ALWAYS falls in big moments. He needs everything around him to be perfect to win. Miami isn’t going anywhere significant with him and although he’s good enough to get Miami to the playoffs he’s never going to be good enough to hoist a Lombardi barring Miami having the best defense in the NFL.

to be fair marino never hoisted a lombardi and hes the best qb ive ever seen play the game

Nothing is changing this year. Gase will be the coach, Tannehill will be the qb (barring injury). Like it or not.

We sat through 1-4 in ‘16, I’m willing to see this through and answer your poll after week 17.

The defense was undermanned and played with good effort. Yes, there were some bad lapses but overall they played well enough.

Special teams won their battle today. Blocked FG, Punt Return for a TD. Haack's punting could have been better.

I was in the Tannehill / Gase corner until the past two games.

The bottom line is the offense scored 10 points and gave up 14. This was a game they had to score 20 points to win. Instead, they are at -4.

Were injuries a factor? Yes.

Were bad calls factor? Yes.

However, all teams face adverse situations. Good teams can overcome them at times. Bad teams rarely do so.

The times where Tannehill rises above adversity against a good opponent on the road are few. If everything has to be perfect for him to be good enough to win, he is not good enough.

No NFL game will be perfect. The opposition will impact the game, as will the bad calls and bad luck. If a QB can't overcome those situations that the situations a team will win is hard limited.

We wanted to see some type of response from the NE game, but the offense took another **** on the field.

It's time to move on from Tannenhill. If Gase doesn't realize that, its time to move on from him too.

Back
Top Bottom