I Want Griese Benched and Cut at the end of the season. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Want Griese Benched and Cut at the end of the season.

it is a moot point to discuss this w/o discussing the HC as well. This whole theoretical discussion will be greatly altered by who is the next HC and OC (if Wanne and/or Norv leave). Also, there is the issue of which one of these guys will re-neg their contract to get paid more in line w/what they are worth.

I still am rooting for Griese to figure it all out since I am such a big Bob fan - so sentimentally I am pulling for him instead of Jay - though I like both QBs

Originally posted by dolphan39
it is a moot point to discuss this w/o discussing the HC as well. This whole theoretical discussion will be greatly altered by who is the next HC and OC (if Wanne and/or Norv leave). Also, there is the issue of which one of these guys will re-neg their contract to get paid more in line w/what they are worth.

I still am rooting for Griese to figure it all out since I am such a big Bob fan - so sentimentally I am pulling for him instead of Jay - though I like both QBs

I don't understand how any Dolphin fan can't be Bob Griese fan, and want the same for his son. Brian loves this team he always has he wanted to be drafted by the Dolphins. He has the skills but he can't do it by himself, Hell Marino was the best QB ever IMO, and he couldn't do it by himself much less behind our line today.

when our OL was this bad for Dan, we had OJ Mc starting out in the backfield w/our 3rd down back to help protect Dan. So far I have seen nothing from Norv and Wise to help protect Griese and prevent TOs

Originally posted by ARealFinsFan
Griese is 5 times the passer that Jay is, but Jay has that 32-14....It is hard for me to argue with success.

Well by that logic we should have kept Lamar Smith. He was what 22-10 as the Fins RB. why did we ever switch to Ricky... lets get Lamar back and put him and Jay in there... they have the better records. Who cares if they are not the better players.. they are winners.

my point is that it is a team game. You want the best player you have at each position on the field. Just because you are winning with what you have doesn't mean you don't try to upgrade. Griese is clearly better then Fiedler. Wade Smith got beat these last 2 weeks like I haven't seen all year. Griese had decent protection against San Diego and we can see how he did.

Inspirational?

Have you ever listened to a Bill Parcells press conference?

If I were a Cowboys fan I think I'd always end up with a empty liter of Jack Daniels and a pistol in my hand at the conclusion of every press conference.

As a Dolphin fan I can sit there for hours on end as he tells the world what all the Cowboys are screwing up.

my point is that it is a team game. You want the best player you have at each position on the field. Just because you are winning with what you have doesn't mean you don't try to upgrade. Griese is clearly better then Fiedler. Wade Smith got beat these last 2 weeks like I haven't seen all year. Griese had decent protection against San Diego and we can see how he did.

Can I please have some of that smoke your on?? Griese is clearly better than Fiedler??? Are you kidding me?? Griese single handly had 5 turnovers., in one game. He was not a leader in college, at Denver, and certainly not here. He is also not his Dad. They are different people. Sure it would be great for the "SON" to come in and lead us to the SB, but this son sucks. Even Parcells, who knows a lot more about football than anybody on this board, knew enough to say "no way, no how".
Yeah it would be a great story for Brian to come in and lead us to a SB, but if all you're basing this on is his farther being a great Miami QB then lets see if we can borrow Dan's son.
This is Jay's team until we get someone better. QBing is not just about who can throw the best pass. It's about leadership, something Brian does not have.
I agree with the original statement. Brian is a loser, with a loser mentallity. I thought the same thing when I first read his statement.
Jay has been really off this year, but this is his team, and he WILL be the starter when healthy. He will also be here when Griese is gone. PERIOD.

Originally posted by dolphan39

It's also a moot point to want Jay back JUST because he's 32-14, or whatever while brian isn't. Well, when Brian has 46 0r so games here, then maybe he'll be 40-6. Then you'll see alot of folks committing hari kari !!! :D :D

Staying on the original topic of Griese's comments, I saw nothing at all wrong with them. The fact is, right now we ARE a good team, not a great team. And at times, we're not even playing like a GOOD team.

His comment that "we still have somethings to play for," in my opinion, is a response to those who have gone on record as saying that the Dolphins season is as good as over. I must confess, I am one of these, and I hope I will be proved to have been premature.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

Give me a break, I am so sick of hearing we will turn this around EVERY STINKING WEEK, Brian has the most talent at QB on this team do you think if the O-line actualy did there job Brian would not be throwing for 300 yrds and 2 TD's a game? If you don't like Brian just say that, don't make his comments into more then they are.

Oh really now. May I remind you that Brian was tossed out of Denver for having a weak arm and being no leader and costing the team wins and not being able to become a playmaker. And what is that supposed to mean: "if the OL would do their job". Dude, if you level Jay for this year you should also consider that Jay played behind that same OL.

Jay has had the job for three years now he can't stay healthy, he can't hit wide open receivers, he can't throw the long ball, he can't stop throwing INT's these are facts we give Jay three years to work out his game and some people still want Jay back. This will be Brians fourth start for this team and people already want him out. Why is Jay given so much time? what has he done to make himself so wanted by you blind fans?

So and Brian can throw the long ball. Brian is known these days for being a weak-armed QB who crumbles under pressure. In 180 minutes of football Brian hit receiver in 60 of them (30 min in 1st half of SD game and 30 min in 2nd half of Colts game). Brian plays behind the same crappy ol' OL as Jay did. For Brian to show that he is better than Jay he has to show that he can deal with adversity better than Jay. Jay got better every year..except this year. 3 weeks ago all you half-a** dolfans claimed it was all about the QB. I guess it was not. Now you are reeling....trying to survive.

Brians father led this team to our last SB victory and the only undefeated season in history, his son is a very smart QB that if givin time will not throw a dumb pass unlike Jay. Brian can also hit the long ball and hit a receiver in stride Jay can not. If the O-line could block, Ricky would have 120 yrds a game and Brian would throw for 300 yrds with every weapon on this team we have.
How many 300 yrd games does Jay have? Last year Ricky was 150 yrds short of 2000 and how many games did Jay throw for 300 yrds? JAY... IS....A....BACKUP....ONLY!!!!!!!!! He will be gone next year I'm not so sure about Brian.

Brians father? WTF! Is this horse racing or a kennel club? What does Bob has to do with Brian? Bloodline? Pedigree? For christ sakes go read a book....

So if Brian has time he will not throw a dumb pass? What about if Jay has time?
You know..you piss me off with your constant "if the OL ...then Brian would".....this same argument could be made for Jay.

Sorry Ricky but you are not the brightest bulb on earth. As a matter of fact I think you could be a relative of becky....maybe you should try dating her.

This whole thread is a crock of S-hit. Its another hopeless attempt of a Fiedler Hugger to sell Jay.

Probably neither is the answer. But I will take Brian's National Championship, Pro Bowl any day over Jay's feet. I love how everyone blames Brian for the fact he gets about 2 seconds to throw the ball and the O LIne breaks down. Brian has thronw better passes on three games then Jay his whole career.

Griese may not be the answer, but Jay damn sure isn't either. Lets hope between the two they can salvage some respect for this franchise.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I love how everyone blames Brian for the fact he gets about 2 seconds to throw the ball and the O LIne breaks down. Brian has thronw better passes on three games then Jay his whole career.

1.) The same way everyone blamed Fiedler when the o'line was only giving him 2 seconds to throw... Why is it a valid argument for Griese and not Jay.. Your own personal bias thats why... Talk about a croc of ****... Can you say hypocrite?

2.) Brian HAS not thrown better passes in 3 games then Jay has had in his career...? THATS JUST STUPID... Its sad when personal hatred gets in the way of common sense. Do you not remember last year before Jay got hurt? Well let me refresh your memory, we started off 5 and 1. In those 5 wins Jay's average QB rating was 102.8 and threw 8 TDs and 2 INTS. Over the last 3 games Brian has a rating of 83.03 with 3 pics and 4 tds... I wont even bring up the fumbles.

Brian may be a better "QB" by the classical defintion of the term but to say he has had a better last 3 games than Fiedler has had in his career is just your bitter Jay hatred shinning through all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom