I Want Griese Benched and Cut at the end of the season. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Want Griese Benched and Cut at the end of the season.

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38
Griese single handly had 5 turnovers., in one game.

Good Gods...Brett Favre single-handedly had FOUR turnovers against the Eagles last game!!! They should get rid of him....he SUCKS! :rolleyes:

And in reality Brian only had four single handed TOs anyways. I don't think anyone can blame him for Kendall Newson dropping a pass which ended up in a DBs hands.

As for my take on this, as bad as Brian has played, I don't think Jay played any better. For all those that say that the O-line played the same for both QBs, I think that is a little bit off. Pass protection wise maybe. But earlier in the season, the o-line atleast kept us two dimensional by being able to open holes for 100 rushing yard days. They have not done the same for Brian and it puts a lot more pressure on him to drive the field all by himself. As far as who I would rather have in this offense next year, unless Brian shows drastic improvements this year, I would say neither.

Originally posted by fin-atic
This whole thread is a crock of S-hit. Its another hopeless attempt of a Fiedler Hugger to sell Jay.

Probably neither is the answer. But I will take Brian's National Championship, Pro Bowl any day over Jay's feet. I love how everyone blames Brian for the fact he gets about 2 seconds to throw the ball and the O LIne breaks down. Brian has thronw better passes on three games then Jay his whole career.

Griese may not be the answer, but Jay damn sure isn't either. Lets hope between the two they can salvage some respect for this franchise.

No..you pull out the crock of s-hit. So Brian is now responsible for a National Championship? Ha! Even diehard Wolverines tell you that he was an efficient QB in a system which worked well. National Championship don't mean crap in the NFL...as about a dozen UM QBs can tell ya....

Pro-bowl? A period of 10 games and some sentimental votes...that's what gave him a probowl selection....

2 seconds? Why give Brian the benefit of that argument and not Jay?

And no..he has not thrown more "pretty" passes than Jay has. I saw the exact same passes Jay throws...DINK AND DUNKS...a couple of timing patterns...that's it. I still wait for that deep bomb 40 plus yards you all were promising would be there immediately.

Originally posted by FFiB

Oh really now. May I remind you that Brian was tossed out of Denver for having a weak arm and being no leader and costing the team wins and not being able to become a playmaker. And what is that supposed to mean: "if the OL would do their job". Dude, if you level Jay for this year you should also consider that Jay played behind that same OL.

May I remind you Brian has a probowl under his belt, Jay doesn't.
After the San diego game all the players and coaches said the ball was getting there with alot more zip on the ball. Our 0-line did not have to protect Jay from the last two teams. Brian also has a bunch of 300 yrd games Jay doesn't. And Brian had a QB rating of 120+ for the season. As for the same crappy O-line our rookie did not give up five sacks all by himself when Jay was in.

So and Brian can throw the long ball. Brian is known these days for being a weak-armed QB who crumbles under pressure. In 180 minutes of football Brian hit receiver in 60 of them (30 min in 1st half of SD game and 30 min in 2nd half of Colts game). Brian plays behind the same crappy ol' OL as Jay did. For Brian to show that he is better than Jay he has to show that he can deal with adversity better than Jay. Jay got better every year..except this year. 3 weeks ago all you half-a** dolfans claimed it was all about the QB. I guess it was not. Now you are reeling....trying to survive.

So Jay can run, J ay is known for throwing dumb passes in 6 games this year Jay has 7 INT's and 6 TD's for Brian to show he is better then Jay we need to give him three years behind center.
You said yourself Jay was not as good this year. You determined
Brians future with this team after only three game? My thats generous of you.

Brians father? WTF! Is this horse racing or a kennel club? What does Bob has to do with Brian? Bloodline? Pedigree? For christ sakes go read a book....

Whats wrong with wanting a father and son to both win for this team?

So if Brian has time he will not throw a dumb pass? What about if Jay has time?

Jay has had three years of time and he still throws dumb passes
he always has the same INT's time has nothing to do with Jay throwing so many INT's.

You know..you piss me off with your constant "if the OL ...then Brian would".....this same argument could be made for Jay.

Maybe so, but lets wait three years and see.

Sorry Ricky but you are not the brightest bulb on earth. As a matter of fact I think you could be a relative of becky....maybe you should try dating her.

Maybe you and Jay have something in comon, like big ears.

Originally posted by FFiB

No..you pull out the crock of s-hit. So Brian is now responsible for a National Championship? Ha! Even diehard Wolverines tell you that he was an efficient QB in a system which worked well. National Championship don't mean crap in the NFL...as about a dozen UM QBs can tell ya....

Pro-bowl? A period of 10 games and some sentimental votes...that's what gave him a probowl selection....

2 seconds? Why give Brian the benefit of that argument and not Jay?

And no..he has not thrown more "pretty" passes than Jay has. I saw the exact same passes Jay throws...DINK AND DUNKS...a couple of timing patterns...that's it. I still wait for that deep bomb 40 plus yards you all were promising would be there immediately.

It's almost to the point where i wish we could just talk about things other than brian and jay. There's been enough stats thrown around and yada yada but the thing is, there is not enough to be able to truly use stats to prove one better than the other. What is becoming a bit crazy is that alot of these stats are used only to support on side or the other when in reality, alot of them can be used to argue the case for either but if it were used that way, then it wouldn't suit someone's particular agenda. Personally, I don't really care which one actually plays but hopefully the healthier one will. Each one has shown different qualities than the other and thus each will be better suited against different teams. i'm not really suggesting a qB by committee thing but maybe that's what's needed for us to survive this season. Bad thing is tho, if it worked and we made the playoffs, it would be a horse of another color then. Maybe then, we couls switch them by series??!! :lol: :lol:
But seriously tho, this has been a very screwy season and we'll no doubt be faced with some tough decisions come off season.

i think what griese said was good.. the players need to prove that they are great.. and they sure have not done that yet.. so what good would saying that youre "great" be, when your not..

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
i think what griese said was good.. the players need to prove that they are great.. and they sure have not done that yet.. so what good would saying that youre "great" be, when your not..

Because, as some suggest, by not "saying" you're great just makes you a loser!! :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom