I want Henson! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I want Henson!

think about it McMahon to McMicheal, it does get ne sweeter sounding........ well besides fiedler to chambers, or marino to a mark

Originally posted by Gonk
If we finish the year with a good record and a Super Bowl appearance, you better believe Jay will be with us next year.

Disagree completely.
Regardless of the outcome, Jay will not be with the Fins next year.
He is a product of the organization around him.... ala T. Dilfer and he won't be worth what he will try to ask for. The Fins will hedge their bets with Sage for cheap and draft another QB IMO.
Jay is not worth multi millions of dollars. He'll end up getting it from a team who is desperate, not the Fins.

Originally posted by Muck
Darrell Jackson would be perfect for us. He's a player. The QB I like is David Garrard out in Jacksonville. Big, strong, athletic, cannon arm, young. Wouldn't mind having him here.

I think DT is an area we'll be looking at next year. Timbo could retire next year or maybe the year after that. Zgonina is also nearing the end. It's time we look at grooming a replacement for Timbo. LB will also need to be addressed again. Even if Eddie Moore comes back strong, he'll essentially be a rookie. And even if he unseats Greenwood, Seau will still be 35 and Zach will be 31. A competant (and potential replacement) is needed in the middle. Lets hope Corey Jenkins develops as well.

CB will also be a need. Fletcher is gone. T-Buck is nearing the end. And Madison costs a bundle and is approaching 30.

Most importantly, we could be in the market for a new coaching staff. Wanny is on the hot seat. And Norv Turner was never expected to remain beyond this season anyway. So offensive coordinator will be a gaping hole.

There will be plenty of needs on this team. Certainly will be another interesting offseason regardless of this season's outcome.

Muck, I couldn't agree with you more, DT with the first pick to groom behind the current starters. Even if all our boys stay healthy and perform at their current level, the new DT could sit at #4 on the depth chart and learn for a year. I think all the LBs will be back next year so I think we can hold off on a high pick to the following year. CB should be a priority for all the reasons that you stated.

I don't see another WR being brought in through free agency unless we cut Thompson and or McKnight. With the young guys on the depth, I don't see one getting drafted too highly.

As far as Garrard, is he a free agent next year? If not, I don't see Jax letting this guy go cause brunnell is definitely outta there.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Disagree completely.
Regardless of the outcome, Jay will not be with the Fins next year.
He is a product of the organization around him.... ala T. Dilfer and he won't be worth what he will try to ask for. The Fins will hedge their bets with Sage for cheap and draft another QB IMO.
Jay is not worth multi millions of dollars. He'll end up getting it from a team who is desperate, not the Fins.

We'll see..You better believe if Fiedler is cut that he will be sign by someone and be starting QB ....I would like to see the Dolphins draft Chris Rix who is as talented as any College QB in the Nation.There no QB in FA next season in Fiedler price range that is better other than Kurt Warner who I wouldn't mind seeing in a Dolphins uniform.

Last edited by a moderator:
McKnight is cut next season. He is not worth 2 mil. a year.

Ruddy is a goner. Perry is a goner. One of the Nails/ Wade duo will not be re-signed in all likeliness and I can imagine a few more cuts.

As for first pick. I say go WR. No joke. Pick a raw DT in the third and have him learn. 1st round DTs either start or alternate in. Bowens has two good years left.

This year's WR draft is the better than 2001. That means a whole lot.

I would love to get one of those first round receivers next year. The only reason it might not happen is because it's such a deep position. If you have other needs such as O-line or cornerback you can address them early and then get a quality receiver in the mid rounds.

It would still be nice to get an impact receiver in the first round though.

I have a little different theory on the qb situation. I think that Griese will be released, draw ZERO interest on the open market and resign with Miami for alot less. If the Dolphins do win the Super Bowl this season, Zach and J. Seau will both come back for one more season. The biggest suprise could be the the Dolphins let O-gun walk. That would be just sad.... The O-line will be redone before next season and my prediction for that first round pick is that it gets traded if Wanny is still the coach. I dont think the Dolphins like first round picks (they always trade them away). JMO.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Future QB?

Favorie Candidates:
Mike McMahon
Chris Redman

s_mcmahon_i-1.jpg

clear.gif

I'm dying over here. Hook a brotha up with the 2004 FA list, please!

I woudlnt mind Mcmahon.

Originally posted by Jaj
Ruddy is a goner. Perry is a goner. One of the Nails/ Wade duo will not be re-signed in all likeliness and I can imagine a few more cuts.

Do you really think that 3 of 4 of these guys aren't going to be with the team next year? Ok let's break it down. Wade will ask for the most and will be the hardest to replace since no one is close to his caliber at his position. If he goes then I see them signing someone in free agency and not the draft. With out Todd Wade then we pretty much keep Todd perry because I don't see them replacing the entire right side of the line. In addition as much as many of the fans like to get on Perry he's probably our most consistant OL right now.

If we lose Nails the there is no way Perry gets cut. In fact if we lose Nails I think that there is a good chance that we keep Ruddy with a reduced contract and possibly move McKinney to LG to compete with Dixon. If Dixon wins the job then McKinney is our starting center. If Dixon continues with injuries or his play drops then I see Ruddy back at center and McKinney at LG. Once again this is only if Nails leaves.

So worst case scenerio,IMO, is that we lose 2 of these guys at most but hopefully we can resign both. There's no way that we lose 3 or 4...no way.

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
Future QB:
Marcus Vick
Brock Berlin

I'm a Canes fan and if the Fins get Brock Berlin I'm killing myself. Berlin's barely a mediocre college QB. He's going to lose us 2-3 games this year without a doubt. Don't believe the hype!

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
Future QB:
Brock Berlin

The mind is a terrible thing to waste, which is why my mind is telling me that you're joking.. I sure hope so! :eek:

Amen to that bdwgroove. I'm bout as big a Canes fan as they come and I would not like it at all if the Dolphins got Berlin.

As for some of the other scrubs we've talked about here...my god, I can't believe some people here are saying they'd take guys like Mike McMahon and David Garrard over Jay Fiedler. I'm no Fiedler guy, but I'm not a Fiedler hater (trust me, I have been accused of both), and I can recognize that Fiedler runs this offense far better than scattershot McMahon would. Garrard, just isn't a winner in my opinion either. Chris Redman? Egats! Have you actually WATCHED any Ravens games with him at the helm??

Fiedler over all of the above, hands down. Sage Rosenfels, maybe he surprises us all and becomes a Marc Bulger. Probably not. At the very least he's a good system backup QB...kinda like Alex Van Pelt was for the Bills. There so long that when he had to step into action he performed admirably for a backup.

I don't see Griese having a future with us. His contract was set up so that we most likely cut him, and all he's done so far is look worst than Jay Fiedler nearly all the time, look worst than Sage Rosenfels for a good part of the time, then get injured for like 6 weeks (remember, he was supposed to be "injury prone" guess what he didn't exactly prove that wrong did he).

I see Norv having a future with us at least as long as DW has a future with us. Do you honestly believe anyone will be willing to give him a shot as a head coach next year? I don't. The same arguments apply, same reasons he didn't get a HC shot after he was fired from Wash and after he had OC'd for a year in Miami. His team was not a well coached team in Washington. He finally got the offense up to snuff, but discipline was aweful, the team never did the little things, and I'm not sure the defense was EVER good under Norv. He had a fairly long tenure there too. There's all kinds of talk about bringing back Denny Green, then there's Nick Saban who is nearly already penciled in at Chicago...then there's the x factor college coaches like Stoops and Willingham. Brad Childress from the Eagles, everyone's always talkin about him. I dunno man, I just don't see Norv gettin a HC job...and if he's not a HC, whats he gonna do, coach college???

DT definitely agree there. I've been sayin we need to look at DT pretty soon for a while, back before we picked up Chester. Chester holds the fort, but he needs a guy like TimBo next to him...and that means a 1st round pick most of the time. 1st round DTs really do have a way of panning out as pretty good pros, if not always "pro bowl caliber" guys.

As for 2nd WR, I do like Dez White he is ultra fast and if I recall he has good size and playmaking ability. He's been mired in a very bad situation in Chicago where they not only have the very talented Marty Booker, but that super high draft pick of theirs David Terrell. Terrell just ain't all that good, which is bad news for a guy who is trying to solidify his spot at #2, like Dez White...cuz it means Terrell is going to get chance after chance after chance to prove himself because of his status as like the 8th pick in the draft. The offensive system is complicated to the Nth degree, maybe worst than Mike Martz' system but Chicago just has never had the QBs who can run it. I think Dez White will look good wherever he ends up. I also like Darrell Jackson.

But to be really honest I'm not ready to give up on Derrius Thompson yet. I think he just needs to settle down and get timing issues down with Jay Fiedler...or maybe he needs a more competant QB than Jay (more competant, which means NOT McMahon, Redman, or even Garrard). But I haven't forgotten the kind of stuff he showed in practice, and was able to show during games once he settled into Spurrier's system and got use to his quarterback. We gave the man a 3 year contract and by golly I'm not ready to snuff him out because he's had 3 lackluster games at the beginning of the year while Chris Chambers is being thrown at nearly twice as much as he is. He has a good combination of size and speed...a REAL good combination. Forget Terrell Owens, we don't need the headaches that come with having him here.

I'm more worried right now about LB, DT, DE (mainly resigning Wally), OG, and CB.

Back
Top Bottom