I want Henson! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I want Henson!

Yes I do think that Perry is gone and Wade could be gone as well. I Perry is 33. He is not worth keeping when we can sign someone better as our main FA signing or for example draft somebody or something.

as far as to not being franchised .49'rs would be fools if they didnt, call him a cancer if you want and he might be. but he is a top 3 wr in the nfl and you dont let him go for nothing. he's a cancer to the media to hype stories but to me he's a typical firery competitor who hates losing. i remember other great wr's who were the same ,irving,meshawn,c. carter and who can forget some of dannys tirades. teams are plain stupid to let young players in their prime go without compensation ala spikes to the bills for nothing give me a break if you dont want them fine but get something for them. the bills had 2 1st round picks they would have given the bungholes that 23 pick for spikes. i think the 49'rs are already regretting letting mooch go. but thats just my opinion. peace

Originally posted by ckparrothead
competant, which means NOT McMahon, Redman, or even Garrard).

I'm more worried right now about LB, DT, DE (mainly resigning Wally), OG, and CB.

That's why I want Drew Henson. I say bring Jay back as the starter, Rosenfels can play backup for a year or two and Henson should be ready by year 3.

In the offseason I'm worried about signing Ogunleye, and re-structuring Madison's contract. I'd like to bring Nails back, but Ruddy, Perry, Dixon, and Wade (if he asks for too much money) are gone. That leaves Smith at left or right tackle, Nails at left guard, McKinney at center. We'll definitely need a tackle.

My priorities besides re-signing our key free agents are...

Quarterback - Either Henson or a QB in the draft. Fiedler re-signs.

Tackle- Free agency
Guard- Free agency or Draft
Receiver- Draft
Defensive Tackle- Draft
Linebacker- Draft
Cornerback- Draft and/or free agency

Originally posted by Jaj
Yes I do think that Perry is gone and Wade could be gone as well. I Perry is 33. He is not worth keeping when we can sign someone better as our main FA signing or for example draft somebody or something.

Perry is currently playing up to his contact and even if he is 33 his play has been getting better each year that he's been here. I don't see cutting him this off season with the free agency looming at 2 starting O-line positions. Now if we can resign both Wade and Nails (and Nails rebounds back to last years form) I would consider releasing Perry for salary cap reasons...but not because of his performance. I really don't want to be replacing 2 or 3 positions on next years O-line especially with us changing 2 positions this year and specifically when 2 of those changes are our 2 best O-lineman this year...our RG and RT. And if you don't believe that these 2 players, Perry and Wade, are our 2 best lineman just chart Ricky's runs and you see that we predominantly run to the right side. Do you think that there is a reason for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom