I was wrong | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was wrong

Fin Thirteen

Club Member
Reaction score
Ok, there's always a healthy dose of ego and testosterone around the draft forum, but this thread is all about truth and reconciliation.

who were you totally wrong about? Who did you whiff on? Who made you look a total idiot?

no rationalising. No "I was wrong, but really I was right if you look at it this way bullcrap". No balancing your ****ups with who you got right. Just a cleansing purifying enema of "mea cupla".

i have many. Just last draft I thought Zack Martin would struggle with power rush, I thought Kelvin Benjamin was soft. I thought Calvin Pryor would be an instant impact player. I think we can agree, I WAS WRONG.

come on now, gurus, don't be shy.

I'm no guru but I can pretty much spot an impact guy for needs.

I thought cordarelle patterson was way overrated.

Guys in college with fancy highlight reels of spectacular moves never really do that in the NFL. Any guy where the talk just tends to go overboard I start looking elsewhere.

Take your impeccable player scouting skills elsewhere, cowboy. This thread is for mortals who got it wrong!

I'm not one of the gurus, but I was very wrong about Jonathon Cooper (G-Arizona 2013 draft)....I thought that dude was a 10-12 year starter and perennial probowler in the making..

Has yet to start for Arizona...

On last years draft i thought Beckam Jr and CJ Mosely were overrated and i thought Koundjio and Moses were good option for RT. That said i am far from a Guru and barely watch College football.

I thought Vernon Gholston was going to be the next Lawrence Taylor.

Thought Tank Carridene would be too.

Thought Ponder was the next brees.

Was really high on Quinton Patton was a WR 2.

Everyone was wrong about Jonathan Cooper.

I still hold out hope for Tank, but I was also that soldier.

I thought Syl Williams would be a Pro Bowler. Hmmmm.

I was ticked that we passed on Brady Quinn, especially since we drafted Ginn. I bought into the hype that he could be a franchise QB.
Although, I was hoping we'd go for Willis if Quinn wasn't there.

I also was thinking Kelvin Benjamin wouldn't live up to his measurables....I'm thinking KGB this year is another Big Guy whose going to impact the NFL.

I wasn't high on Benjamin or Martin either, but I didn't like Pryor. I wasn't nearly as high as I should have been on Beckham. I really liked Beckham, but I didn't expect the best rookie WR since Randy Moss.

Ryan Williams, still haven't gotten over that one.

Justin Blackmon, can't fix stupid.

Dion Jordan :lol:

I definitely screw up more predicting that certain players will be bums than I do predicting players will be good. I should stick to being positive.

mark ingram called him a hall of famer...that's obviously not gonna happen

the only outright flat bust as in guy that couldnt even maintain a career in the pros i can recall is danny watkins who i had a top 25 grade on...i'm talking about guys i endorsed for miami or would go to bat for as picks...that kid looked really good at the senior bowl kicked inside and played a pretty solid left tackle at baylor and it just never materialized

i would have taken john jerry with that 3rd round pick we had that one year also...he was the top player on my board at that point...although he's still an nfl player just not a very good one...could have been good but didnt care enough

mark ingram called him a hall of famer...that's obviously not gonna happen

the only outright flat bust as in guy that couldnt even maintain a career in the pros i can recall is danny watkins who i had a top 25 grade on...i'm talking about guys i endorsed for miami or would go to bat for as picks...that kid looked really good at the senior bowl kicked inside and played a pretty solid left tackle at baylor and it just never materialized

i would have taken john jerry with that 3rd round pick we had that year also...he was the top player on my board at that point...although he's still an nfl player just not a very good one

Hoops I wouldn't give up Ingram yet.He had a much better year this year.progressing and not Regressing like Richardson.

Back
Top Bottom