I wouldn't assume the number 1 pick is ours just yet......... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I wouldn't assume the number 1 pick is ours just yet.........

Where I think it gets interesting (not necessarily in my view in a good way) is if we don't get that first. Until Joe Burrow meteoric rise there was a huge drop from Tua to the rest, now if we are picking not at #1 but still in the top 5 he is absolutely in play, in that scenario we could also chose to give up some capital to land Tua at #1, or we could reach for Herbert there at #2 r wherever we are. Or we could pass and draft Chase Young, maybe even then trade back up to get either Herbert or Burrow. Part of this plan was to put us in a position to move up and down as we see fit. I wouldn't be surprised in anyway if we come out on draft day with both the top two guys because of the deals we've done.

There’s still a huge drop. Wait til teams stop playing possum.

God, the last game of the season is going to be epic! Imagine, Miami and Cinci, both sitting at 0-15 heading into that game, both trying to secure the first pick.

Both teams just sit on the turf and stare across the field at each other :chuckle:

I imagine both QBs just running in the opposite direction, trying to give up safeties.
ti
We don't play them the last game of the season. That's that's the fifteenth game for both teams. Miami goes to New England after the Cincy game. The Bengals host the Browns. Those last week games are likely meaningless to the Patriots (who likely will have wrapped up home field advantage) and the Browns (who will have been eliminatred) unless the Patriots are undefeated at that point.

Tua couldn't even carry his team to the National Championship!! Put em on your shoulders champ. That's what the Dolphins need another Marino with a supporting cast.
Take a look a the Super Bowl winning quarterbacks and see how many of them didn't have a National Championship.

Is anyone really questioning it? Lol
Yes some people are mentioning a two-year tank and going after Lawrence in 21. It's my belief they'll go balls to the wall and pick someone with the first pick.

Is anyone really questioning it? Lol

Not really. What I am questioning is whether or not we use the number1 pick on one, or that the Dolphins must get the number 1 pick or the season is a failure. My point is that just because fans assume Tua is the greatest QB prospect since Luck doesn't mean Grier agrees, or even thinks that QB is what he wants with the top pick. Maybe he has a second or third QB option that he believes in. Maybe he will sell off thefirst pick for more and leverage the Tua hype train for more picks and get his guy later. Maybe he wants to mature Rosen and go straight BPA, etc. No matter what you think about Tua, what makes you trust Grier will draft him? Is the success of this season and draft really only measured by whether or not they are able and do pick Tua?

ti
We don't play them the last game of the season. That's that's the fifteenth game for both teams. Miami goes to New England after the Cincy game. The Bengals host the Browns. Those last week games are likely meaningless to the Patriots (who likely will have wrapped up home field advantage) and the Browns (who will have been eliminatred) unless the Patriots are undefeated at that point.
Yeah, it's been pointed out multiple times that I got my weeks switched.

Still, one week earlier, if both teams have 0 wins, it's going to be an interesting match up.

Cincinnati is atrocious at 0-8, Washington's only win was vs. The Fins and The Falcons are stinking up the joint, Matt Ryan or not. The Dolphins played hard last night and came up short solely due to the lack of talent, plain and simple. On any given Sunday the Fins may defeat a stinker like the Jests, who although possess a pretty good defense are sorely lacking in the head coaching department...... :) And if The Dolphins do manage to secure the first pick in the draft, are they really suppose to pass on Chase Young, out of Ohio State for an injury prone, unproven at this level Tua when there are other options at QB? I'm not so sure.......What say thee?
The majority of the mock drafts online now have Burrow as the first QB taken in the draft. I think that his two ankle surgeries over the past two seasons may turn some teams off in regards to taking Tua at the top of the draft.
I prefer the Dolphins draft Young with their first pick and trading their two others first round picks and a second round pick to trade up and select either Burrow or Tua if they are still on the board.

The majority of the mock drafts online now have Burrow as the first QB taken in the draft. I think that his two ankle surgeries over the past two seasons may turn some teams off in regards to taking Tua at the top of the draft.
I prefer the Dolphins draft Young with their first pick and trading their two others first round picks and a second round pick to trade up and select either Burrow or Tua if they are still on the board.
Lol. Yeah, mortgage all that trade work for 2 players. Smart.

It seems like other teams have caught on, and now they want to tank too.

I think the Jets thought they would have a good season, and then…they didn't, so now they want to go Fin mode and start getting rid of players, Williams, Adams, Anderson...

Cinci sucks, Denver sucks, the Skins suck, the Giants suck, it seems like a many teams don't care about winning….I haven't seen this in a awhile…where teams just seem to be ok with not winning.

I recall us going 1-15, not getting a franchise quarterback or rebounding or having anything to show for throwing a season away. I expect the same outcome until proven otherwise. The tank is stealing from fans that bought tickets in advance. If I wanted to watch some lame low scoring sport I'd watch soccer. And you couldn't pay me to watch that.

I recall us going 1-15, not getting a franchise quarterback or rebounding or having anything to show for throwing a season away. I expect the same outcome until proven otherwise. The tank is stealing from fans that bought tickets in advance. If I wanted to watch some lame low scoring sport I'd watch soccer. And you couldn't pay me to watch that.

It's more like borrowing than stealing, with the intent on paying us back with interest.

This is the least disappointing season to me in quite a while.

If it's not #1 overall it's more than likely #2.

For me, that's Chase Young and see how the QB Board falls.

It seems like other teams have caught on, and now they want to tank too.

I think the Jets thought they would have a good season, and then…they didn't, so now they want to go Fin mode and start getting rid of players, Williams, Adams, Anderson...

Cinci sucks, Denver sucks, the Skins suck, the Giants suck, it seems like a many teams don't care about winning….I haven't seen this in a awhile…where teams just seem to be ok with not winning.

The Sixers opened the door to making it acceptable in pro sports to tank on purpose.

Bengals and Jets both really need the No.1 pick to revitalize their teams just as much as we do. It's certainly a unique situation being that we play both yet this year and can control our own fate just by throwing a game.

Adam Gase is in a bad spot though. He can't afford to lose to our lowly team right now without taking an ungodly amount of heat. It's not like he can sit there and say they lost on purpose (even if they did) or that they are trying to keep Miami from landing the top pick (which maybe they are?)

There's too many moving parts to tanking properly. Everyone has to be on the same page from the beginning, from the top of the organization on down. Same goals.

The Bengals and Jets can't pull the rug out from the under themselves midway through the season the way Miami did before the season. You need time to sell the tank to fans and to your players.

The Bengals not dealing AJ Green leads me to believe they will stubbornly try to win with what they have. Doesn't make sense on multiple level's.

Adam Gase and Sam Darnold can't afford to finish dead last in the NFL.

That's why I'm still optimistic we will prevail in the race for No.1.

The Dolphins played hard last night and came up short solely due to the lack of talent, plain and simple.

I take it you didn't watch the cover 0 blitz at the end of the 1st half?

That had nothing to do with the talent on the field.

The Bengals and Jets can't pull the rug out from the under themselves midway through the season the way Miami did before the season. You need time to sell the tank to fans and to your players.
That's the most rediculas thing I've read in a while.

Back
Top Bottom