I wouldn't assume the number 1 pick is ours just yet......... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I wouldn't assume the number 1 pick is ours just yet.........

Fans are hung up on pick 1 because they assume Tua is the target. I wonder how many have actually considered the possibility that QB may not even be on the list this year? Maybe Tua isn't the target at all, or maybe they are actually watching a QB like Lawrence instead.

Yeah we arent looking at QB at all. Grier has just been to two Bama games in person this year. Oregon as well. We are planning on tanking another year for a worst QB in Lawrence. That makes sense. Just think a little next time.

I think the Front Office knows its gonna have a **** storm from the media and fans if we dont get the first overall pick. I usually dont think front offices care much what the fans think but in this instance the fans would be in the right. The front office would prefer the first pick as well. I think they do whatever it takes to secure it. Throw games. Start Rosen. Anything to get it done.

Tua is the prize, QB control over games makes him the most valuable player to come out in some time and possibly for some time.

It's that simple

Yeah we arent looking at QB at all. Grier has just been to two Bama games in person this year. Oregon as well. We are planning on tanking another year for a worst QB in Lawrence. That makes sense. Just think a little next time.
That's called due diligence, something every team is doing. Grier's attendance at a couple of games guarantees nothing. Also, how do you know how the Fins have their draft board graded? You think Tua is the best, so you are sure they must as well. They could easily get a pass rushe at one and go for a QB later, or hold off and draft BPA and land a QB in a later draft. We won't know until draft night.

That's called due diligence, something every team is doing. Grier's attendance at a couple of games guarantees nothing. Also, how do you know how the Fins have their draft board graded? You think Tua is the best, so you are sure they must as well. They could easily get a pass rushe at one and go for a QB later, or hold off and draft BPA and land a QB in a later draft. We won't know until draft night.
Yes...They could go that way,but..that's the dumb way they have approached drafting the last couple of decades....Here's hoping they go the smart way this time around. :)

If we don't get the 1st pick then holy **** what a waste.

I don't even get this logic?
Why would it be a waste?

First, it assume we know beyond a doubt Tua will be the next Marino.
Second, it assume the Top 5 pick and the other picks we've acquired aren't going to work out.

Like how do people make statements like this?

Yes...They could go that way,but..that's the dumb way they have approached drafting the last couple of decades....Here's hoping they go the smart way this time around. :)

I like posters like you and others that call others dumb...as in I know better and would do better. Nevermind all the variables that goes on with the process and the day to day stuff etc...

Keep at it...Doing a great job!

Dolphins start 0-7. Suck for luck is all the rage. We finish 6-10 and pick number 8 is ours and so is Tannehill

Dolphins start 0-7. Tank for Tua is all the rage. We finish _______________________________________________________

I like posters like you and others that call others dumb...as in I know better and would do better. Nevermind all the variables that goes on with the process and the day to day stuff etc...

Keep at it...Doing a great job!
What poster did i call dumb...

Think i called the front office dumb the past twenty years...are you saying they have done a good job?
Nevermind the variables of reading.

God, the last game of the season is going to be epic! Imagine, Miami and Cinci, both sitting at 0-15 heading into that game, both trying to secure the first pick.

Both teams just sit on the turf and stare across the field at each other :chuckle:

I imagine both QBs just running in the opposite direction, trying to give up safeties.
Yes! And the opposite defense trying to stop them from getting to their own end zone. That would actually be hilarious. I think it would also be good for the current NFL.

I don't even get this logic?
Why would it be a waste?

First, it assume we know beyond a doubt Tua will be the next Marino.
Second, it assume the Top 5 pick and the other picks we've acquired aren't going to work out.

Like how do people make statements like this?
I wasn't quite clear about my reasoning there so sorry about that (just frustrated with this season) . But what I was getting at is that if we win a number of worthless games, it will royally **** up our draft order. We've been guilty of this in the past and I am sick of it (missing out on the top picks due to winning meaningless games).

I wasn't quite clear about my reasoning there so sorry about that (just frustrated with this season) . But what I was getting at is that if we win a number of worthless games, it will royally **** up our draft order. We've been guilty of this in the past and I am sick of it (missing out on the top picks due to winning meaningless games).

Okay, I hear you on that. At this stage it's pretty much a guarantee that we'll get a top 5 draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom