Ian seems to be coming my way | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian seems to be coming my way

Yeah just bought a 3 hybrid Ping, I hate it
as far as guns, SigSauer P220 45, shoots like butter and never fails
They all fail - sooner or later.
That is why I make accuracy my first priority.

The autoloaders are all basically the same design and the can be adjusted to have good reliability.
Accuracy can be improved but starting out with guns that are very accurate to begin with is the best way to achieve accuracy because it is easier to make a gun reliable than it is to make it accurate.

A lot of shooters don't pay too much attention to a handgun's inherent accuracy since compared to rifles, handguns are not as accurate. I'm not the best shot in the world, but I appreciate accuracy and an accurate gun makes it easier to shoot well.

From what I've seen, the 1911 with a .45 ACP chambering is one of the most accurate handguns used in Bullseye competition. If other brands were more accurate, the Bullseye shooters would use them.

I don't remember firing any Sig's, but I did fire a CZ and I felt it was as good as my 1911's. It is very similar to a 1911 in terms of how it fits my hand and that is probably why I could shoot it as well as I did.

I can put 8 rounds of commercial Winchester white box inside a 1" hole at 5 yards with iron sights. Thats good enough for me to be confidant in defending myself.

The better Bullseye shooters can do that at 25 yards shooting one-handed. Thats my goal, but I am having trouble keeping an 8" group at 25 yards. My gun will shoot a 2" group at 50 yards from a ransom rest. I have the test target and the recipe for the bullseye load it was designed to shoot. It is 4.5 grains of Bullseye powder and a 185 grain Nosler hollow point bullet. That is what the gun was tuned for. This gun is based on the Springfield GI model and was modified by Clark Custom Guns 20 years ago when I first got interested in handgun shooting. This is typical of the accuracy Bullseye shooters require from their guns.

I understand the Marine Corps armorers would reject any barrel that would not shoot less than or equal to 1 degree of angle (1" at 100 yards or 1/2" or less at 50 yards) when building the guns for their pistol teams. The rest of the gun degrades accuracy, that is why high accuracy, match grade barrels are so sought after.

But seriously…

…holy ******* ****. Lil bit dinged up, house a lil bit dinged up, no power, water, electricity, Internet or cell service.

Flooding everywhere. I’ve never been as proud as I am of my truck right now. We had to drive to Sarasota for gas/cell service. And beer. I’m getting beer while I’m here. And maybe a grill.

I’d like to never, ever do that again. That storm was scary as hell.

But everything and everyone important is ok. I’ve got a little generator for the fridge, a big-ass cooler, and weapons.

I haven't seen specifically for that area. There are some low lying areas around the Butler chain of lakes there. My wife works in Metro West which isn't far and she didn't see anything too bad over in that area.
Thanks. Many years ago my dad almost bought a home on Lake Butler, in Windermere. One of the most beautiful and peaceful areas I've ever visited. I was curious, to find out, how those Lakes; hold up during a Hurricane?

Just checking in on you fellas - reading through the updates. May everyone find themselves safe

Just got power back. All is good here.

My dad ended up in the ER though the night of hurricane - came down with appendicitis, had surgery yesterday morning.
That kind of thing makes me think of how we often take the medical services available to Americans for granted - until we have a medical emergency compounded by a hurricane.

Just checking in on you fellas - reading through the updates. May everyone find themselves safe
The remnants of this hurricane came through High Point NC, last night. I lost power for about 3 hours due to lines being down. Other than just lots of rain and a lot of wind gusts with some sustained winds for up to 5 minutes we didn't have any out of the usual problems locally.

I can just imagine how bad the original storm must have been, if its remnants over 100 miles inland give us some minor problems.

Back
Top Bottom