Ian seems to be coming my way | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian seems to be coming my way

Did my last run from the Poconos to North Port to settle in to the new house. Got in at 4:00 pm today.

This sucker is coming right at us.
My wife's family used to live there before they drained some of those canals.
My cousin lives in Ft Meyers
Stay safe.

I know you and I have had our differences on here but I just wanted to write to say I hope you and your family are safe and hopefully your property didn’t suffer a lot of damage.

When things like this happens, our petty differences really mean nothing.

I'm a target shooter and I can tell you there are worse things.
Go ahead and use your imagination. - LOL

I'll make it easier for you:
Have you ever bought an expensive golf club and it didn't work?
I'm not talking about meeting expectations.
I'm talking about not being able to make it hit the ball - at all - LOL

That's what happened to me once when my new, expensive, autoloading handgun wouldn't load ammunition into the barrel so I could fire it.

My gunsmith fixed it; but when that round wouldn't chamber - that was a bad moment - LOL
I would have guessed a six shooter revolver but was your gun a kimber,sig,wilson?

God bless Florida, being on the receiving end of so many hurricanes in the Mississippi Gulf Coast I feel their pain.

Bracing for it to come back ashore here in South Carolina. We have had a few of these over the last 5 years that ravage Florida, go back out to sea and come back ashore somewhere on the South Carolina coast. The only good news it is now a Category 1....hopefully it doesn't get any stronger

Bracing for it to come back ashore here in South Carolina. We have had a few of these over the last 5 years that ravage Florida, go back out to sea and come back ashore somewhere on the South Carolina coast. The only good news it is now a Category 1....hopefully it doesn't get any stronger
Thanking about you and the rest of the people who will continue to be impacted by this storm that just won’t go away. Fortunately it doesn’t appear that it will hit South Carolina with the same force it did the west coast of Florida.

Stay safe.

At least you can kinda prepare for a hurricane. It's the Tornados that catch you off guard.

I would have guessed a six shooter revolver but was your gun a kimber,sig,wilson?

My 1911's are a 9 mm Springfield Range Officer, a .45 ACP Springfield GI modified for Bullseye competition, a .45 ACP Desert Eagle 1911 C (4" barrel) and a .45 ACP Magnum Research MR 1911 G (5" barrel). I also have a .380 ACP S&W M&P EZ.

If I could afford them, I'd get a Cabot ICON ,1911, a BUL Hunter "6" (a 1911 in 10 mm), a Karl Leppard NCO (a highly modified 1911 with iron sights that supports shooting out to 600 yards) a 38 Super or 9*21 Win 1911, and a .45 Super 1911 (.44 Magnum power). One of those Browning "Black Labels (an 80% scale 1911 in .380 ACP) wouldn't be bad. There are some other European .22 LR and .32 CF target pistols that are available for a lot of money. I keep waiting to win Publishers Clearing House, but that hasn't panned out in the last 40 years - LOL

I have several .32 caliber revolvers with my oldest being about 125 years old - It's a S&W 5 shot .32 Model 1 Break-top Safety Hammerless (~1897) with automatic case extraction. It is a nice little 3" barreled revolver that can shoot surprisingly well at short distances. It has a smooth, but heavy trigger. I shot it in a League competition and did not finish last - only second to last. After that I named it the intimidator, because no one wants to lose to an old man with glasses shooting a 120-year-old gun. That was 5 years ago. It is fun to shoot - all the other guns on the range are going "bang-bang" and this little stinker is going "pop-pop". It's nick name in the old days was "the lemon squeezer"

I also have a 6 round 2" snub nosed Taurus M-327, a 4.2" Ruger SP-101 6 shot chambered for the 327 Federal Magnum, a Taurus tracker 7 shot .357 Magnum w/6" ported barrel.

I would dearly like to get a .41 magnum revolver and a .41 magnum Desert Eagle.

I would love to add the following rifles, A Henry 327, a Henry 357 and a Henry .41 Magnum.

Then all I would need to do is find time to shoot and clean them. I have reloading dies for everything I currently shoot and would need to add a set of .41 magnum dies if I were able to get one of those guns.

I guess I'll have to limit my dreams to the Dolphins having a perfect season, winning the Superbowl and "shooting" off my mouth on FinHeaven.

I wouldn't want to appear to be too "greedy" - LOL
I like to think I'm a "pretty good" shot here - LOL

Back
Top Bottom