Ian seems to be coming my way | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian seems to be coming my way

The best option, if you can afford it, is a generator that runs off your natural gas line. Generac is the standard in this space, and you can run everything off them, including your A/C. Most people have the portable ones that run off gasoline. You can run your lights and your fridge, but that is about it. It can't run your A/C. And you have to make sure you are running it outside your house. They are noisy and smelly, so your neighbors are really happy with you! lol
That's what I have because I'm in an unincorporated area where if the power goes out, you're set. Best money you can spend.

Most people want one but most people don't.....when a hurricane is coming they all want to buy one but by then they're all gone....lol
I'm sure cost has a lot to do with it. I was lucky mine was in when I bought. It's a great investment. Glad you're safe

My friend and boss has place Sanibel. Waiting in hotel. Such a hard thing to Comprehend. Dealt with Sandy up here in Jersey. Can't believe what mother nature can release. Prayers

My friend and boss has place Sanibel. Waiting in hotel. Such a hard thing to Comprehend. Dealt with Sandy up here in Jersey. Can't believe what mother nature can release. Prayers
Mother nature is a push over...Its Father Time you have to watch out for...He touches everyone & everything under the Sun, all at once.

I can definitely see this in South Florida
The majority of the October Hurricanes start in the gulf instead of coming off the African coast. Unfortunately for those on the west coast, about 75% of the October Hurricanes that hit Florida come ashore on the west coast of Florida or up in the Panhandle.

Fortunately there haven’t been a lot of Hurricanes that have hit Florida in October since 1950 and I think the people living on the west coast have suffered enough already. So hopefully there won’t be anymore hurricanes hitting land anywhere in 2022 once Ian eventually runs its course.

My wife’s cousin in New Jersey purchased a vacation home on Sanibel last year. He and his wife were planning to retire there in 2024 . My wife spoke to him earlier today and while he has no idea how his home made out, his wife has already told him that she no longer wants to retire in Florida.

I'm a target shooter and I can tell you there are worse things.
Go ahead and use your imagination. - LOL

I'll make it easier for you:
Have you ever bought an expensive golf club and it didn't work?
I'm not talking about meeting expectations.
I'm talking about not being able to make it hit the ball - at all - LOL

That's what happened to me once when my new, expensive, autoloading handgun wouldn't load ammunition into the barrel so I could fire it.

My gunsmith fixed it; but when that round wouldn't chamber - that was a bad moment - LOL
Yeah just bought a 3 hybrid Ping, I hate it
as far as guns, SigSauer P220 45, shoots like butter and never fails

Back
Top Bottom