Ian seems to be coming my way | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian seems to be coming my way

Stay safe my friend
I’m so glad I am semi retired and golf every day and don’t have to worry about saving someone else’s life
However I hate when we get storms and it shuts down the golf course. There is nothing worse than having to wait a day or two to golf again
Ugh
I'm a target shooter and I can tell you there are worse things.
Go ahead and use your imagination. - LOL

I'll make it easier for you:
Have you ever bought an expensive golf club and it didn't work?
I'm not talking about meeting expectations.
I'm talking about not being able to make it hit the ball - at all - LOL

That's what happened to me once when my new, expensive, autoloading handgun wouldn't load ammunition into the barrel so I could fire it.

My gunsmith fixed it; but when that round wouldn't chamber - that was a bad moment - LOL

I mean, I prefer Big Beaver Pennsylvania....but to each their own:p
For me it is "Beaver Lick" Ky.
That's close to "Big Bone" state park, really - LOL

I told that to a boss I once had.
He didn't believe me.
We looked it up.
My being right was not a "great" career move. - LOL

Why does Florida get so many hurricanes? Bermuda triangle?

Hawaii has been super lucky and blessed to have missed a lot of hurricanes.
In the Pacific they are called Typhoons.
Sorry, I just can't help myself - LOL

We have the gulf and the Atlantic Ocean that have extremely warm water during hurricane season. Storms coming off the African coast and later storms that form in the Gulf follow the warm waters
and the trade winds.

Unfortunately those warm waters and the winds tend to bring a lot of storms to Florida or the other gulf coast states. So living with the possibility of being hit with a hurricane is just a fact of life for those of us who live in Florida.

Of course the good thing is we never have to worry about earthquakes, volcanic eruptions or having to dig out after a heavy snow storm.
Think Positive - I love it.

Back
Top Bottom