Ian seems to be coming my way | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ian seems to be coming my way

That's great news. Pretty much the same here. Debary is notorious for losing power if a stiff breeze is caused by a passing car so I'm shocked I didn't lose power. One little branch in my yard but very little standing water on my street. I'm on a high point coming in from the st johns River so I assume there's flooding down closer to the river. All in all things were mild considering.
Glad you're well buddy

Ok guys. We made it and we were blessed to not even lose power at all. Yes we got a ton of rain but this community has a great drain system so there's no standing water on the street. Our neighbors had one very small portion of their fence dow....it's just part of the gate for it but it seems like an easy repair there. So far I didn’t see any shingles down. My wife is good two but they lost power last night and they’re still using the generator for the facility. Some flooding over there though so will have to wait till the water start to go down before anyone can drive safely . Easier if you have a truck but she drives a Lexus which is not very high. All in all we're good.
Glad to see that you and your wife made it through the storm. Now sit back and enjoy the game tonight because you and the others living in the storms path have had enough stress to deal with the past few days.

Hope to hear from all affected soon.

Check in when able.

@Avigatorx
@EPBro
@Nappy Roots
@TraderJoe
@DZimmer000
@Beach Bum
@BigSmoke
@The Goat

We have haerd from @Danny @Fin-Loco @Sarnics13 and @ONole1

Glad you guys are okay.
Thanks Dude! So far, so good for me and my family who live throughout Florida ( FT. Myers, ST. Petersburg, Dunedin, Beverly Hills, ST. Cloud (me), Orlando, Poinciana, and Coco Beach). In the great news category, my daughter and her boyfriend live in FT. Myers and they are physically okay! Emotionally, I am guessing they are in shock because that was some storm to be riding out on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex just miles from the beach. As we all know, the dang thing is moving at a snail's pace and just goes on and on.
Along with the support you all have provided, I would like to give special thanks to Avigatorx, who lives in the FT. Myers area too (for the care and emotional support to me and my wife) yesterday as my daughter and her boyfriend were out of touch most of the day. We were really worried! He said he lives in her general area. I haven't seen him post yet and hope he and his family is okay. My daughter has been in touch through phone text this morning to say they were okay but did say the phone service was intermittent. I am hoping that is all it is and he just doesn't have service, yet.

Last edited:
Thanks Dude! So far, so good for me and my family who live throughout Florida ( FT. Myers, ST. Petersburg, Dunedin, Beverly Hills, ST. Cloud (me), Orlando, Poinciana, and Coco Beach). In the great news category, my daughter and her boyfriend live in FT. Myers and they are physically okay! Emotionally, I am guessing they are in shock because that was some storm to be riding out on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex just miles from the beach. As we all know, the dang thing is moving at a snail's pace and just goes on and on.
Along with the support you all have provided, I would like to give special thanks to Avigatorx, who lives in the FT. Myers area too, for the care and emotional support to me and my wife yesterday as my daughter and her boyfriend were out of touch most of the day. We were really worried. He said he lives in her general area. I haven't seen him post yet and hope he and his family is okay. My daughter has been in touch through phone text this morning to say they were okay but did say the phone service was intermittent. I am hoping that is all it is and he just doesn't have service, yet.
Great to hear from you.

my son's without power in casselberry. no damage. said they probably had some hurricane force gusts. very fortunate.
I have a question, may be dumb. Is it common to have whole-home generators down there for times like this? Just curious.

Along with the support you all have provided, I would like to give special thanks to Avigatorx, who lives in the FT. Myers area too (for the care and emotional support to me and my wife) yesterday as my daughter and her boyfriend were out of touch most of the day. We were really worried! He said he lives in her general area. I haven't seen him post yet and hope he and his family is okay. My daughter has been in touch through phone text this morning to say they were okay but did say the phone service was intermittent. I am hoping that is all it is and he just doesn't have service, yet.
you live in St.Cloud? I guess we're neighbors then. We're just off of Narcosee road

I have a question, may be dumb. Is it common to have whole-home generators down there for times like this? Just curious.
Most people want one but most people don't.....when a hurricane is coming they all want to buy one but by then they're all gone....lol

Back
Top Bottom