I’d be ecstatic with this Dolphins draft. Weigh in | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’d be ecstatic with this Dolphins draft. Weigh in

That would be the greatest (realistic) possible 3 rounds for Miami

3 of those players have pretty big health concerns from what I’ve heard so I’m not sure how I’d feel.

Health concerns aside that draft is stacked.

I’d like this draft a lot

Nervous about taking a guard from Tennessee after how the last one worked out..... (I know nothing about the guy, just making a joke)

I'd be happy with it.

I weighed in at 183lbs.

Physical smart and heavy handed with Espenosa yep I can understand that. I’d add versatile too in terms of can line up inside or outside. Athletic and twitchy enough for a top 20 pick? Ehh

for every Trent brown there’s a lot of guys that size that can’t do it.

I should add I think Espenosas plus traits make a lot of sense for Miami

I should add I think Espenosas plus traits make a lot of sense for Miami

Agreed... at his weight, he is a 3-4 defensive end. He isn't going to beat you by being nimble. His sacks will come from power and his size will set the edge on everything else.

I really can't see a 4-3 team taking him.

If you watched any of the Buckeye games then you know Dobbins will be long gone before the 39th pick...That guy is a beast and will be a special addition for some lucky NFL fanbase.

The only issue I have with the draft picks is Tua at #5. I don’t see the Dolphins drafting him because of his hip surgery and if they take a QB at 5 it will probably be Herbert, even though I am not sold on him. I think they more likely go defense with that first pick. The rest of the picks seem very solid.

I would be happy with this draft. I don't think you could pass on Epenesa if he falls that far (unlikely) and Dobbins would be a great get but we still need a center and a starting CB. I would probably go for a corner over the RB and look to the free agent market for one.

Most likely Epenesa is gone at 18 and we would be looking at a CB at that spot. Kyle's counterpart for draft network has us taking Tua at 5, Kristian Fulton at 18 and Becton at 27 in his latest mock from January 9th. He also has Dobbins going 29th to the Chiefs and Humphrey and Biadasz dropping to round 2 which would be great for us.

I also think Winfield could go low round 1 or high round 2.

We just have so many needs that they need to find some gems in the mid rounds that will start.

Not sure how we find a starting QB, LT, C, OG, CB, Edge and RB all through the draft. I would probably look to FA for RB and maybe an OG. Then the dream draft for me would be....

5 Tua
18 Chaisson
27 CJ Henderson or Trevon Diggs
39 Humphrey
56 Prince Tega
70 Winfield (should he drop)

Starting line

LT Prince Tega
LG Thuney
C Humphrey
RG Deiter or Boehm
RT Davis

Despite my distrust of Tua's health, I could live with this.

I'd rather trade down a bit to where Espenesa fits and start with Espenesa, Chaisson... but that's my fantasy.

Nice mock as far as talent and positions we need help at but........we're already taking a gamble on an injured QB who I like but taking another on Winfield who's been hurt plenty of times too might not be a good idea and then he's a FS and we already have Rowe there who had a nice season so, I'd rather draft a SS at some point. Also, I agree with J off that not drafting a WR from such a good class is a bad idea imo.

Back
Top Bottom