I'd like to see Tua here... (rookie mini camp) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'd like to see Tua here... (rookie mini camp)

Not sure what you're talking about. He didn't throw an interception until his 6th start, didn't have a QB rating under 80 until his 7th start, the team went 6-3 with him starting. He looked pretty good minus a couple games, in fact he had a better rookie season than most and if the Dolphins weren't in the hunt for the playoffs, he wouldn't have been benched. He is a high caliber player whether you agree or not.

I don't care about statistics. He threw dropped interceptions left and right more than any QB I've ever watched before.

The team went 6-3 due to a soft schedule along with defensive and special teams scores.

People tend to forget he threw two dropped INT straight to defenders in the Arizona game and we only won because of a defensive score we can't rely on.

Id say his best game and really only good game was against the Chargers.

Can you honestly say if you needed to win a game tomorrow Tua would even be in your top 15 to 20 choices?

I don't care about statistics. He threw dropped interceptions left and right more than any QB I've ever watched before.

The team went 6-3 due to a soft schedule along with defensive and special teams scores.

People tend to forget he threw two dropped INT straight to defenders in the Arizona game and we only won because of a defensive score we can't rely on.

Can you honestly say if you needed to win a game tomorrow Tua would even be in your top 15 to 20 choices?
When people say that Tua's a high caliber QB it's mostly based on what he did in college plus some of the stuff he did as a rookie. Keep in mind he was coming back from major surgery and most people thought he wasn't even going to play his rookie year. I agree we can't say what we have with him yet as an NFL QB but you can't judge him based on his rookie season where everything was stacked against him.
It seems you've made up your mind already that he'll never be any good. I'm more wait and see but I like his chances of becoming a very good/great QB. Time will tell.

When people say that Tua's a high caliber QB it's mostly based on what he did in college plus some of the stuff he did as a rookie. Keep in mind he was coming back from major surgery and most people thought he wasn't even going to play his rookie year. I agree we can't say what we have with him yet as an NFL QB but you can't judge him based on his rookie season where everything was stacked against him.
It seems you've made up your mind already that he'll never be any good. I'm more wait and see but I like his chances of becoming a very good/great QB. Time will tell.

I don't dislike Tua personally. Not my favorite QB prospect but I think he's got potential to be above average.

I just tend to disagree with anointing him as a top QB already. He has a lot to improve on in year two.

I don't dislike Tua personally. Not my favorite QB prospect but I think he's got potential to be above average.

I just tend to disagree with anointing him as a top QB already. He has a lot to improve on in year two.
That fair enough. he has plenty to prove and they have gotten him some help with the moves they made in free agency and the draft.

absolutely. That Arizona game made me a believer, he went toe to toe with Murray and there is no doubt in my mind he would have led the team to another score if needed.
Also, if we are counting dropped INT's, can we count dropped passes, too?

Tua is going to really shut some people up this season. He's got an improved line, much better weapons and is another year removed from hip surgery. Tua was lacking torque last season due to the hip. His passes are going to look much sharper coming out of his hand and he's going to pick teams apart. Tua will take his rightful place as one of the elite QBs in the league. It's coming!!! Wait for it.......BOOM!

Tua is going to really shut some people up this season. He's got an improved line, much better weapons and is another year removed from hip surgery. Tua was lacking torque last season due to the hip. His passes are going to look much sharper coming out of his hand and he's going to pick teams apart. Tua will take his rightful place as one of the elite QBs in the league. It's coming!!! Wait for it.......BOOM!
I think many people don't get how hard that injury made it for him to throw the ball the way we know he can. Being healthy this year and having all that speed on the outside should help him a lot.

People have to remember that Flo and his staff more than likely told Tua to play it safe and don't turn the ball over. They probably ran quick outs or slants due to the offensive line. I believe the training wheels will come off this season. I also believe with the added playmakers added to the team, Tua will show what he is capable of. He also didn't have to spend most of his off season rehabbing a major injury. Perhaps he is a lot stronger and wiser due to being into the system for a year now.

Last edited:

This is just an awful post. It’s dripping with backhanded compliments and agenda. Above average is his ceiling GTFO!

Not sure what you mean by a player of Tuas caliber.

An unproven QB who looked pretty bad minus a couple games.

Whether you think he's going to be amazing or bust I don't see how you can say a player of his caliber based on what we have seen.
You obviously never saw him play at Alabama.

Your boy Josh Allen had 21 interceptions dropped last year...... 21

I know you like to beat on Tua just to beat on him and that was the main motivation of starting this thread. An excuse to create another anti-Tua thread.

But if you were really sincere about wanting Tua to go to a rookie mini camp in his second season because he "missed last rookie mini-camp", why didn't you mention Jackson, Hunt, Igbinoghene, Kindley, etc.?

The truth is that Tua is not a rookie. He is the starting quarterback and despite what some want to say or the media wants to paint the picture as, he had a very normal rookie season. Actually an above average rookie season. He is working harder this offseason, probably harder than anyone on the team.

A player of Tua's caliber does not need to attend a rookie mini camp

This a Tua bashing thread?

In that case, kid needs to get better. (As does anyone in sports, life, etc)

That would be lovely. However, if Tua doesn't have a great season, let's hope people don't just shift blame to the offensive line.

This is reminiscent of Tannehill's tenure. Where everyone complained Tannehill didn't have enough offensive weapons, a number of offensive weapons were brought in, but he was still mediocre, so the blame then shifted to the offensive line.

Back
Top Bottom