If Damien Williams goes down, sign Trent Richardson as our 3rd down back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Damien Williams goes down, sign Trent Richardson as our 3rd down back

Did you even read my post? I'm saying that Trent Richardson is a failure as an every down back, but can be excellent as a 3rd down back. If Damien Williams had been used as an every down back, he'd have had the same exact issues.

How can he be a good 3rd down back? He's slow, has no vision, and his hands aren't even close to half of what Damian Williams are.

#33 Trent Richardson and his career 3.3 yards per carry and 3 TDs last season...

And they say good things come in threes...not always! :lol: :lol: :lol:

How can he be a good 3rd down back? He's slow, has no vision, and his hands aren't even close to half of what Damian Williams are.

Trent Richardson isn't slow. He's actually good in the open field.

[video=youtube;IuO_cRWvfvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuO_cRWvfvw[/video]

And coming out of college, his hands were universally described as excellent.

Trent Richardson's vision is bad, just like Damien Williams, which is why they are both better suited to be 3rd down backs.

Except Damien Williams is cheaper and a better receiver and has been here for two years and knows the offense.

My thread title says: If Damien Williams goes down, sign Trent Richardson as our 3rd down back.

I did not say that we should cut Damien Williams, and sign Trent Richardson.

And in terms of cost, Damien Williams costs $510,000, and Trent Richardson costs $660,000. Both are inexpensive.

My pregnant wife could get more ypc than Richardson. Geez, wtf is the next thread going to be about?

Did you even read my post? I'm saying that Trent Richardson is a failure as an every down back, but can be excellent as a 3rd down back. If Damien Williams had been used as an every down back, he'd have had the same exact issues.
Even if I accept your premise I would hesitate to give someone like TR a spot on a roster when he has shown he will never be more than a 3rd down back. Why not get someone who has upside?

Weren't you the one who wanted Vick too? Your bad ideas are breeding. Trent is legitimately one of the worst RBs in the league. We'd have so many better choices.

Even if I accept your premise I would hesitate to give someone like TR a spot on a roster when he has shown he will never be more than a 3rd down back. Why not get someone who has upside?

I don't agree with this post. When has TR shown he can be a third down back?

Back
Top Bottom