If Damien Williams goes down, sign Trent Richardson as our 3rd down back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Damien Williams goes down, sign Trent Richardson as our 3rd down back

It's apparent that 90% of the respondents on this thread never actually read my original post.

I clearly stated that Damien Williams & Trent Richardson have terrible vision between the tackles, and are ineffective as 1st & 2nd down backs.

My post was about Damien Williams & Trent Richardson having good hands as receivers and being good open field runners, and thus have value as 3rd down backs, as receivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has the single WORST vision I have ever seen
I haven't read any posts except the OP but I'd be willing to wager that someone already posted the video of him ignoring the gaping hole im the line to run right into a scrum this preseason. He's done in this league, give me Gray or Darkwa (if he got released) any day of the week over TRich.

He has the single WORST vision I have ever seen

Yes, I clearly stated that Damien Williams & Trent Richardson have terrible vision between the tackles, and are ineffective as 1st & 2nd down backs.

My OP was about Damien Williams & Trent Richardson having good hands as receivers and being good open field runners, and thus have value as 3rd down backs, as receivers.

I haven't read any posts except the OP but I'd be willing to wager that someone already posted the video of him ignoring the gaping hole im the line to run right into a scrum this preseason.

Yes, I did. In the OP, I posted "video of him ignoring the gaping hole im the line to run right into a scrum this preseason". The video reinforces my point. Did you really read the OP?

image.jpg
Damien Williams is a 225 lb RB with 4.4 speed. Physically, he looks like an every down back. Unfortunately, reality is that his vision & burst through the hole is poor. On the plus side, he has great hands, and is great in the open field. As a result, Damien Williams is a great 3rd down back for us.

Trent Richardson is a 230 lb RB with 4.4 speed. He was the 3rd overall pick in the 2012 draft, and was described as a true every down back with excellent hands.

During his 3 years in the NFL, Trent Richardson has really struggled as an every down back. While at Alabama, he had a monster o-line, so his 1st contact was often 5 yds past the line of scrimmage against a tired LB or DB. But in the NFL, he's not going to have that kind of dominating push in front of him.

[video=youtube;o5hUE-Dxyac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5hUE-Dxyac[/video]

Trent Richardson might be similar to Damien Williams. A big fast RB who looks like an every down RB, but simply doesn't have the vision to run between the tackles on 1st & 2nd down.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/trent-richardson-inexplicably-misses-gaping-hole-runs-into-linemen

Some say Trent Richardson's career is basically over. But considering that he has good hands as a receiver, and considering that he looks good in the open field, he might be more suited for a role as 3rd down back, as a receiver.

[video=youtube;IuO_cRWvfvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuO_cRWvfvw[/video]

trichHOF.gif

My Suggestion: If Damien Williams goes down, sign Trent Richardson as our 3rd down back, as a receiver. He's currently unemployed, and will work for cheap.

I just came here to see the bashing you would get.I needed a laugh

It's apparent that 90% of the respondents on this thread never actually read my original post.

I clearly stated that Damien Williams & Trent Richardson have terrible vision between the tackles, and are ineffective as 1st & 2nd down backs.

My post was about Damien Williams & Trent Richardson having good hands as receivers and being good open field runners, and thus have value as 3rd down backs, as receivers.
We read your post dude. A helluva lot of us just really dislike Trent Richardson and don't want him under any circumstances.

I don't know man... This guy has received 3 chances and has not proved anything.

A fun topic should be "J. Russell or Trent Richardson?" I would of gone with Richardson lol. At this point I'd rather have Tim Tebow as our H back.

Yes, I clearly stated that Damien Williams & Trent Richardson have terrible vision between the tackles, and are ineffective as 1st & 2nd down backs.

My OP was about Damien Williams & Trent Richardson having good hands as receivers and being good open field runners, and thus have value as 3rd down backs, as receivers.

Yes, I did. In the OP, I posted "video of him ignoring the gaping hole im the line to run right into a scrum this preseason". The video reinforces my point. Did you really read the OP?

You keep saying 3rd down back but only refer to his supposed "excellent hands" ...what if it's 3rd and short or 3rd and 5? I don't want him anywhere near the ball on any rushing plays because as I've previously stated, he is trash. So to keep an rb on the roster for specifically 3rd and long situations is wasteful and insane. Give me a bum off the street before having TRich lace them up in Miami.

I'll bite... he has a better highlight reel than damien williams

Damien is good in the receiving RB role. very good in that capacity. But running the ball? Damien is horrible in that regard, We saw enough Thursday night to say Ayaji will steal the back up role when he is heathly

Back
Top Bottom