If I Were Sparano/Parcells/Ireland... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I Were Sparano/Parcells/Ireland...

Ricky_Fan34

Suns and Fins superfan
Reaction score
Here is what I would do in the offseason.

Resignings:
- Davone Bess (4 year deal)
- Anthony Fasano (Short term deal. 2-3 years)
- Jason Taylor (Bargain price of course. If not, let him walk)
- Will Allen (Short term deal 1-3 years)

Two of these players I would resign would basically play a role as a stop gap until we can find a true starting caliber player at each position. The two would be Fasano and Taylor. Will Allen would compete for a starting spot, and continue to mentor Davis and Smith. Davone Bess is really the only player on that list of resigning that actually has a long term future with the Dolphins

Free Agency:
- Sign Karlos Dansby.
- Other small acquisitions a usual

It's pretty clear the Cardinals don't have the money to pay Dansby and bring him back. Dansby would instantly become our best linebacker, maybe our best defensive player. He would be a huge upgrade over Ayodele and make Crowder and our linebacker look much better all around.

Draft:

Round 1: CJ Spiller - Halfback - Clemson
Why? In my opinion, he is simply too big of a playmaker to pass up on. He the exact opposite of all the running backs we have, except for Sheets. With Brown's future in question, Spiller would be a nice pick up.

Round 2: Terrance Cody - Nose Tackle - Alabama
Why? Miami's defense is in desperate need of many defensive play makers, one of them being nose tackle. A good 3-4 needs a big space eater, which is what Cody is. He may make our linebackers look good by giving them rushing lanes, which obviously, would help generate more of a pass rush.

Round 3: Eric Norwood - Outside Linebacker - South Carolina
Why? Joey Porter and Jason Taylor used to be 2 of the best players in the NFL. Unfortunately, those days have passed them by, and they are in the check out line. Miami's defense needs more young pass rushers that can help pressure the quarterback.

Round 4: Jordan Shipley - Wide Reciever - Texas
Why? A consistant theme of the Miami Dolphins' recieving corp was averageness. Miami needs a guy who can make plays consistantly. With any luck, Shipley can do just that.

Round 5: (Traded to KC for Thigpen)

Round 6(From KC): Boo Robinson - Nose Tackle - Wake Forest
Why? Miami really lacks depth at NT. A big knock on Cody is that he isn't an every down NT because he doesn't have the stamina. I think Boo Robinson will be a great player, and could rotate with Cody, which ultimately is why I would take him.

Round 6 (From WAS): Colin Peek - Tight End - Alabama
Why? Anthony Fasano and Joey Haynos aren't great tight ends, but they are good enough for right now. In the long run, that's not what I want though. Draft Peek and give him a chance to compete for the starting job. See what he can do.

Round 6: Josh Hull - Inside Linebacker - Penn State
Why? Dansby and Crowder need some depth behind them. Why not give Josh Hull a shot and see if he can make the roster?

Round 7(From KC): Josh Pinkard - Safety - USC
Why? The safety position was not a bright spot for the Dolphins in 2009. Might as well bring in a young player to compete with Clemons. These late round picks are crap shoots anyways.

Round 7: Ryan Stamper - Outside Linebacker - Florida
Why? Miami needs young depth at OLB. Ryan Stamper will provide that.

Overview:
I think the draft may have been a little bit of a pipe dream, but it could happen. Other than that, I think this is pretty reasonable. Although that is just me being biased. It's up to you guys to decide how realstic/unrealistic it is. Feel free to slam me for my draft, I really don't know much about college football. Thanks for reading!

:thanks:

we will not draft a nt in the second, not the way bp works

i would not draft a player who will not be a playmaker that high, i want impact players with my first 4 picks

Cut Charlie Anderson, Reggie Torbor, Joey Porter, Gibril Wilson, Ted Ginn, Akin Ayodele

Ask Channing Crowder, Will Allen to restructure or face cuts

Let Anthony Fasano walk
Sign Ronnie Brown to qualifying RFA tender
Ask Chad Pennington to play backup QB, re-sign if he agrees (committing to Chad Henne for 2010 and beyond)
Re-sign Jason Taylor to one-year deal
Re-sign Davone Bess

Free agency:
Vince Wilfork is #1 priority if he reaches market

Otherwise, focus on Karlos Dansby, DeMeco Ryans or Barrett Ruud for linebacker. There is a huge pool of very talented linebackers out there.
OJ Atogwe, Nick Collins, Antoine Bethea for safeties
Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Antonio Bryant for wide receivers

Draft:

Round 1: Rolando McClain/Dez Bryant
Round 2: Terrence Cody/Johnathan Dwyer
Round 3: Major Wright/Jordan Shipley

Cut Charlie Anderson, Reggie Torbor, Joey Porter, Gibril Wilson, Ted Ginn, Akin Ayodele

Ask Channing Crowder, Will Allen to restructure or face cuts

Let Anthony Fasano walk
Sign Ronnie Brown to qualifying RFA tender
Ask Chad Pennington to play backup QB, re-sign if he agrees (committing to Chad Henne for 2010 and beyond)
Re-sign Jason Taylor to one-year deal
Re-sign Davone Bess

Free agency:
Vince Wilfork is #1 priority if he reaches market

Otherwise, focus on Karlos Dansby, DeMeco Ryans or Barrett Ruud for linebacker. There is a huge pool of very talented linebackers out there.
OJ Atogwe, Nick Collins, Antoine Bethea for safeties
Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Antonio Bryant for wide receivers

Draft:

Round 1: Rolando McClain/Dez Bryant
Round 2: Terrence Cody/Johnathan Dwyer
Round 3: Major Wright/Jordan Shipley
I forgot to do guys to cut. Oh well. At this point, I don't feel like going back and adding it in. I also forgot about Wilfork, but he'll probably get tagged anyway.

Wilfork is going to raise hell if he gets tagged by NE. He either wants a huge long-term deal or nothing.

Wilfork is going to raise hell if he gets tagged by NE. He either wants a huge long-term deal or nothing.
Doesn't matter what he wants, unfortunately. I be he'll get tagged and just be pissed as hell. Maybe just sit for 2010. If they do end up letting him go, I bet he ends up a Dolphin.

Here is what I would do in the offseason.

Resignings:
- Davone Bess (4 year deal)
- Anthony Fasano (Short term deal. 2-3 years)
- Jason Taylor (Bargain price of course. If not, let him walk)
- Will Allen (Short term deal 1-3 years)

Two of these players I would resign would basically play a role as a stop gap until we can find a true starting caliber player at each position. The two would be Fasano and Taylor. Will Allen would compete for a starting spot, and continue to mentor Davis and Smith. Davone Bess is really the only player on that list of resigning that actually has a long term future with the Dolphins

Free Agency:
- Sign Karlos Dansby.
- Other small acquisitions a usual

It's pretty clear the Cardinals don't have the money to pay Dansby and bring him back. Dansby would instantly become our best linebacker, maybe our best defensive player. He would be a huge upgrade over Ayodele and make Crowder and our linebacker look much better all around.

Draft:

Round 1: CJ Spiller - Halfback - Clemson
Why? In my opinion, he is simply too big of a playmaker to pass up on. He the exact opposite of all the running backs we have, except for Sheets. With Brown's future in question, Spiller would be a nice pick up.

Round 2: Terrance Cody - Nose Tackle - AlabamaWhy? Miami's defense is in desperate need of many defensive play makers, one of them being nose tackle. A good 3-4 needs a big space eater, which is what Cody is. He may make our linebackers look good by giving them rushing lanes, which obviously, would help generate more of a pass rush.

Round 3: Eric Norwood - Outside Linebacker - South Carolina
Why? Joey Porter and Jason Taylor used to be 2 of the best players in the NFL. Unfortunately, those days have passed them by, and they are in the check out line. Miami's defense needs more young pass rushers that can help pressure the quarterback.

Round 4: Jordan Shipley - Wide Reciever - Texas
Why? A consistant theme of the Miami Dolphins' recieving corp was averageness. Miami needs a guy who can make plays consistantly. With any luck, Shipley can do just that.

Round 5: (Traded to KC for Thigpen)

Round 6(From KC): Boo Robinson - Nose Tackle - Wake Forest
Why? Miami really lacks depth at NT. A big knock on Cody is that he isn't an every down NT because he doesn't have the stamina. I think Boo Robinson will be a great player, and could rotate with Cody, which ultimately is why I would take him.

Round 6 (From WAS): Colin Peek - Tight End - Alabama
Why? Anthony Fasano and Joey Haynos aren't great tight ends, but they are good enough for right now. In the long run, that's not what I want though. Draft Peek and give him a chance to compete for the starting job. See what he can do.

Round 6: Josh Hull - Inside Linebacker - Penn State
Why? Dansby and Crowder need some depth behind them. Why not give Josh Hull a shot and see if he can make the roster?

Round 7(From KC): Josh Pinkard - Safety - USC
Why? The safety position was not a bright spot for the Dolphins in 2009. Might as well bring in a young player to compete with Clemons. These late round picks are crap shoots anyways.

Round 7: Ryan Stamper - Outside Linebacker - Florida
Why? Miami needs young depth at OLB. Ryan Stamper will provide that.

Overview:
I think the draft may have been a little bit of a pipe dream, but it could happen. Other than that, I think this is pretty reasonable. Although that is just me being biased. It's up to you guys to decide how realstic/unrealistic it is. Feel free to slam me for my draft, I really don't know much about college football. Thanks for reading!

:thanks:

Fasano would stay IMO as a back up. He isn't a quality starting TE, his disappearing act isn't what a quality TE does in the NFL.

Chowder and his 43 Tackles can hit the highway. You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig.:facepalm:

And Spiller at 12? No thanks, thats a luxury pick. MIA isn't at the stage to be taking luxury picks so high, have we the fan base not learned that with White?

Cody won't be around by our 2nd pick.

Overall the combine and FA will determine our needs and how best to fill them. I think McClain and Bryant will be there at 12, knowing what we need on DEF and the lack of true playmakers on OFF, I would take Bryant and spend the rest of the draft going after DEF needs.

Fasano would stay IMO as a back up. He isn't a quality starting TE, his disappearing act isn't what a quality TE does in the NFL.

Chowder and his 43 Tackles can hit the highway. You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig.:facepalm:

And Spiller at 12? No thanks, thats a luxury pick. MIA isn't at the stage to be taking luxury picks so high, have we the fan base not learned that with White?

Cody won't be around by our 2nd pick.

Overall the combine and FA will determine our needs and how best to fill them. I think McClain and Bryant will be there at 12, knowing what we need on DEF and the lack of true playmakers on OFF, I would take Bryant and spend the rest of the draft going after DEF needs.
I agree that Spiller is a luxury pick, but so was Chris Johnson to the Titans. Passing on Spiller could wind up being a huge mistake.

Crowder is key in run support, which is why everytime he is hurt and not playing, our rush defense sucks. He

Fasano would be a backup on most other teams in the NFL, but Miami's tight ends are just guys who block for the running game, not great recievers.

Back
Top Bottom