If I Were Sparano/Parcells/Ireland... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I Were Sparano/Parcells/Ireland...

Why in the hell would you take CJ Spiller at #12 when we have greater needs. The obvious pick is Rolando McClain and if he's there and we don't take him I'll eat my hat. We aren't taking Dez Bryant either.

CJ Spiller and Dez Bryant are nice players and great talents, but it's time some of us get realistic here. McClain is absolutely a Parcells kinda guy.

And there's no way Terrence Cody makes it out of the first round. He's too great of a talent. Jordan Shipley is not a guy we need to draft. He has great numbers in the Big 12 which is full of AWFUL defenses. I like Shipley but he's not the poor man's Wes Welker like everyone wants to take.

And I don't see a Jimmy Graham pick in there. ;)

So you agree Spiller is a luxury pick, so for a rebuilding team that is necessary why? Ginn? White?

So how did Chowders 43 tackles stack up this year at ILB? I kept hearing how the pass defense on TE's suffered due to Chowder not being around prior to the season, how did that matter week 1?
And on Run DEF, i heard here that he wasn't suppose to have tackles or make plays, just call plays and be around the tackle, and MIA's DE's were taking tackles from him, due to his great DEF calls. I guess those 43 tackles are a tribute to his quality play?:facepalm:

And Fasano, if you don't expect MIA's TE to be anything other than 'guys who block for the running game' IDK what to say, WHITTEN anyone?

The blueprint isn't old people, its was on display in DAL this year. What I don't want is another year of stop gaps and 'just if' he got it players. This is year 3, or soon to be. Mediocre talent and stop gaps are a NO NO this upcoming year.

Whoever said this has no idea, and this I can garauntee (:lol:) that they have no idea how a 3-4 defense works..

Just to clarify, in a 3-4, your LB's should lead the team in tackles. In a 3-4, if someone on your defensive line ends up with say 40-50 tackles, thats alot. Your linebackers should have all the tackles in a working 3-4 defense

If my defensive line in a 3 - 4 has 40 - 50 tackles then I'm pretty happy with that because that means you have to be shutting down the run game. I'm perfectly fine with the opponent's running backs not even making it to my linebackers.

Doesn't matter what he wants, unfortunately. I be he'll get tagged and just be pissed as hell. Maybe just sit for 2010. If they do end up letting him go, I bet he ends up a Dolphin.

They drafted TWO NT's last draft if i am correct, Brace and some other fellow. So maybe, just maybe they are going to let him test the waters of free agency. We can only hope.

Whoever said this has no idea, and this I can garauntee (:lol:) that they have no idea how a 3-4 defense works..

Just to clarify, in a 3-4, your LB's should lead the team in tackles. In a 3-4, if someone on your defensive line ends up with say 40-50 tackles, thats alot. Your linebackers should have all the tackles in a working 3-4 defense
I understand that. Crowder had a down year. I know that.

Why in the hell would you take CJ Spiller at #12 when we have greater needs. The obvious pick is Rolando McClain and if he's there and we don't take him I'll eat my hat. We aren't taking Dez Bryant either.

CJ Spiller and Dez Bryant are nice players and great talents, but it's time some of us get realistic here. McClain is absolutely a Parcells kinda guy.

And there's no way Terrence Cody makes it out of the first round. He's too great of a talent. Jordan Shipley is not a guy we need to draft. He has great numbers in the Big 12 which is full of AWFUL defenses. I like Shipley but he's not the poor man's Wes Welker like everyone wants to take.

And I don't see a Jimmy Graham pick in there. ;)
I don't think McClain will be there.

We can guess all we want, but a lot of what we are going to do still depends on what is going to happen with the cap issue. How much, if any ability to make f/a moves will greatly affect how/who we draft. If we can't get big play-makers on the defense via F/A, then we will most likely be using our top pick on D. If we can get some top talent off the f/a market, then it opens our options in the 1st/2nd round.

I'm usually not a big proponent on playing fantasy GM but I have to say the topic creator may be onto something. If Miami can somehow sign Dansby then they've in essence definitely filled a huge hole that #12 would hopefully have filled (important in there is hopefully). Grab Chiller and they've perhaps gotten that playmaker that they need, then focus the rest of the draft on those other key areas(ILB, OLB, NT, S).

If they could grab a nice FA WR or Wilfork as well then look out.

For those of you who really watched the games this season, WR was a glaring defecit, but defense did them in. Dez White, Marshall, Bryant all would've been watching Manning throw up and down the field like Ginn, Bess, Hartline and Camarillo did. Henne and the O put up the points that a solid defence sould have held.

Spiller may not be neccesary, but look what a guy like Chris Johnson for the Titans did.. I understand that defense is a huge need, and I believe in defense wins championships. Spiller is just too big of a playmaker to let him slip through our fingers in my opinion.

A Recieving tight end isn't a huge need at this point. We primarily run the ball, so Fasano and Haynos help a lot in the run game. If/When we convert to a passing team, one of them will either be kept as a backup, or both will be shown the door.

Crowder did not play in the Jets game or the KC game of 08. In both of those games, our defense got run all over and always looked out of place. I don't like Crowder anymore than you do, but if Ayodele and Torbor always started, our defense would be horrific. For right now, and maybe longer, Crowder is important to our defense.

I admire what Dallas has. That's the type of teams that wins multiple championships. 3 great RB's, a good QB, a couple of good recievers/TE's. Great run defense.

My point is, we can't do it all in 1 offseason. Some guys who maybe shouldn't start may have to just because we have more pressing needs. At this point. Crowder is our best line backer. As of now, we need 3. If we pick one up through FA, it's very possible to pick up another 2 starters on defense somewhere else in the draft. As I mentioned in a post on another thread, even superbowl teams have holes somewhere. We are just a couple more good defensive players and a playmaker or 2 on offense and we are set.

How many times did Henne pass the ball 30-39 times? 4Times
How many times did Henne pass the ball 40-49 times? 1Time
How many times did Henne pass the ball 50-59 times? 2 Times

That is over half the time in his 12 starts that this team wasn't a running team. Take into acct he didn't play the 2nd half against PITT. With numbers like these, a TE is a must. Another year of below avg TE play only hinders Henne's progression.

Again the Chowder in KC talk. It was said prior to the season, and game 1, that Chowder being back would shut down Tony G. That was the lesson learned from the KC game. Well how did that work out? Now your saying the run defense suffered. I wish you guys would be consistent. BTW, I guess 108 yards is getting run all over, in a ice box. Chowder has shown to be consistently bad. He takes the wrong angles, he gets beat trying to cover most of anything that resembles a NFL player, and it took him to year 5 to get a INT.

And this will be BP and comp. 3rd offseason. Allowing a ILB to get by making 43tackles and 8 assists and to shrug it off thinking they are still a capable NFL player is mind blowing to say the least.

That is over half the time in his 12 starts that this team wasn't a running team. Take into acct he didn't play the 2nd half against PITT. With numbers like these, a TE is a must. Another year of below avg TE play only hinders Henne's progression.

Again the Chowder in KC talk. It was said prior to the season, and game 1, that Chowder being back would shut down Tony G. That was the lesson learned from the KC game. Well how did that work out? Now your saying the run defense suffered. I wish you guys would be consistent. BTW, I guess 108 yards is getting run all over, in a ice box. Chowder has shown to be consistently bad. He takes the wrong angles, he gets beat trying to cover most of anything that resembles a NFL player, and it took him to year 5 to get a INT.

And this will be BP and comp. 3rd offseason. Allowing a ILB to get by making 43tackles and 8 assists and to shrug it off thinking they are still a capable NFL player is mind blowing to say the least.

Fully agree on Crowder although I'm fine if he is the #2 ILB (although I don't like how much $ he is making for a guy that would be on the field for only 50-60% of the defensive plays).

I do disagree with your TE statement (although believe you me, I would love to upgrade our pass catchers). The reason I disagree is b/c if this team gets a healthy Ronnie Brown back next year, you will see us turn back into a run first ball control team. The only reason Henne was chucking it all over the place is b/c Ricky didn't want to carry the load and the coaching staff didn't have enough faith in Lex to make give him a full split of the carries. They had to put it in Henne's hands. As long as Ronnie is back next year healthy or they go out and get another back to compliment Ricky, this team will go back to what it was built for "pounding the rock".

So while I would love to upgrade TE and WR, I do think the defense has more pressing needs and I would rather get a 1st round WR or high end FA WR before I go after a TE.

Fully agree on Crowder although I'm fine if he is the #2 ILB (although I don't like how much $ he is making for a guy that would be on the field for only 50-60% of the defensive plays).

I do disagree with your TE statement (although believe you me, I would love to upgrade our pass catchers). The reason I disagree is b/c if this team gets a healthy Ronnie Brown back next year, you will see us turn back into a run first ball control team. The only reason Henne was chucking it all over the place is b/c Ricky didn't want to carry the load and the coaching staff didn't have enough faith in Lex to make give him a full split of the carries. They had to put it in Henne's hands. As long as Ronnie is back next year healthy or they go out and get another back to compliment Ricky, this team will go back to what it was built for "pounding the rock".

So while I would love to upgrade TE and WR, I do think the defense has more pressing needs and I would rather get a 1st round WR or high end FA WR before I go after a TE.

Never said I would use a high pick on a TE. Just that Fasano isn't servicable imo. His game in back to back seasons has been to disappear in key games.

And can the MIA fanbase and brain trust depend on Ronnie? I love his game. But how many seasons does it take for him not to finish before you see he isn't the full time back some want?

And if this CS learned anything from this season, it was the need for that 'chunk yardage'. You don't get that constantly depending on your oline and backs for 15+ play drives. It wears down everybody involved.

I'd like to say that Henne passing the ball so much so many times was a result of getting down by a large margin early in games. Titans and Texans namely. The Patriots game he passed it something like 54 times. That was the gameplan. If I remember correctly, that was the only time it seemed like going in it was our game plan to pass 75% or more of the time.

Of course Crowder can't shutdown Tony Gonzalez... Most players can't which is why Tony Gonzalez is a future hall of famer.. We all have come to know Crowder as a guy who doesn't make a lot of big plays. He had a down year this year. He missed a couple of games, which obviously hurt his stats. 43 tackles isn't acceptable. I know that. If he puts together the something even close to the same statline next year, he better start packing his things. The fact is getting rid of Crowder right now would hinder us more than help us. In the future, he will be expendable. For now though, he's staying in Miami.

Denver? Eh, I don't think Denver takes McClain. In all likelyhood he'll slide down to us.
I think he may just end up in KC, actually. Either way, I think there is almost no chance he slides to 12. A lot of teams before us need defense.

Back
Top Bottom