If I Were Sparano/Parcells/Ireland... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I Were Sparano/Parcells/Ireland...

I think he may just end up in KC, actually. Either way, I think there is almost no chance he slides to 12. A lot of teams before us need defense.

I doubt Kansas City reaches at the #5 spot. My guess is that they beef up that offensive line with Russell Okung. The Patriots were successful becaue they allowed Tom Brady time to throw the football. Okung steps in and makes an immediate impact.

Ndamukong Suh
Gerald McCoy
Eric Berry

Those are your first three picks. Washington will select either Jimmy Clausen or Sam Bradford. Clausen is the MUCH better pick so I think Washington takes Bradford.

After that I think you'll see Seattle trade down to he middle of the draft to take CJ Spiller. Pete Carroll is running that ship now and he'll bring his USC offense with him to Seattle and he'd love to have a Reggie Bush like player that he can utilize.

Denver is probably going to deal Brandon Marshall at some point in the offseason. Probably on draft day so that they can get back into the first round to get a linebacker such a Sergio Kindle, Ricky Sapp, or one of the premier defensive ends in the first round. So with their 10th overall pick, I believe they'll lean towards Dez Bryant.

I doubt Kansas City reaches at the #5 spot. My guess is that they beef up that offensive line with Russell Okung. The Patriots were successful becaue they allowed Tom Brady time to throw the football. Okung steps in and makes an immediate impact.

Ndamukong Suh
Gerald McCoy
Eric Berry

Those are your first three picks. Washington will select either Jimmy Clausen or Sam Bradford. Clausen is the MUCH better pick so I think Washington takes Bradford.

After that I think you'll see Seattle trade down to he middle of the draft to take CJ Spiller. Pete Carroll is running that ship now and he'll bring his USC offense with him to Seattle and he'd love to have a Reggie Bush like player that he can utilize.

Denver is probably going to deal Brandon Marshall at some point in the offseason. Probably on draft day so that they can get back into the first round to get a linebacker such a Sergio Kindle, Ricky Sapp, or one of the premier defensive ends in the first round. So with their 10th overall pick, I believe they'll lean towards Dez Bryant.
It really depends on how well certain players perform at the combine and senior bowl. I think McClain will impress, and play his way out of our range.

Yeah, ultimately you're right. McClain could very well blow scouts away and find himself quickly in the top 5. I need to find Eric Berry, get him hammered the night before his combine workout and hope he gives an average effort and slides down to #12.

I am now resorting to destructive ways we can land Eric Berry. We won too many games this year IMO.

Yeah, ultimately you're right. McClain could very well blow scouts away and find himself quickly in the top 5. I need to find Eric Berry, get him hammered the night before his combine workout and hope he gives an average effort and slides down to #12.

I am now resorting to destructive ways we can land Eric Berry. We won too many games this year IMO.
You're driving the official bandwagon to trade up and get Eric Berry, and have been for a little over a year. :up:

Here is what I would do in the offseason.

Resignings:
- Davone Bess (4 year deal)
- Anthony Fasano (Short term deal. 2-3 years)
- Jason Taylor (Bargain price of course. If not, let him walk)
- Will Allen (Short term deal 1-3 years)

Two of these players I would resign would basically play a role as a stop gap until we can find a true starting caliber player at each position. The two would be Fasano and Taylor. Will Allen would compete for a starting spot, and continue to mentor Davis and Smith. Davone Bess is really the only player on that list of resigning that actually has a long term future with the Dolphins

Free Agency:
- Sign Karlos Dansby.
- Other small acquisitions a usual

It's pretty clear the Cardinals don't have the money to pay Dansby and bring him back. Dansby would instantly become our best linebacker, maybe our best defensive player. He would be a huge upgrade over Ayodele and make Crowder and our linebacker look much better all around.

Draft:

Round 1: CJ Spiller - Halfback - Clemson
Why? In my opinion, he is simply too big of a playmaker to pass up on. He the exact opposite of all the running backs we have, except for Sheets. With Brown's future in question, Spiller would be a nice pick up.

Round 2: Terrance Cody - Nose Tackle - Alabama
Why? Miami's defense is in desperate need of many defensive play makers, one of them being nose tackle. A good 3-4 needs a big space eater, which is what Cody is. He may make our linebackers look good by giving them rushing lanes, which obviously, would help generate more of a pass rush.

Round 3: Eric Norwood - Outside Linebacker - South Carolina
Why? Joey Porter and Jason Taylor used to be 2 of the best players in the NFL. Unfortunately, those days have passed them by, and they are in the check out line. Miami's defense needs more young pass rushers that can help pressure the quarterback.

Round 4: Jordan Shipley - Wide Reciever - Texas
Why? A consistant theme of the Miami Dolphins' recieving corp was averageness. Miami needs a guy who can make plays consistantly. With any luck, Shipley can do just that.

Round 5: (Traded to KC for Thigpen)

Round 6(From KC): Boo Robinson - Nose Tackle - Wake Forest
Why? Miami really lacks depth at NT. A big knock on Cody is that he isn't an every down NT because he doesn't have the stamina. I think Boo Robinson will be a great player, and could rotate with Cody, which ultimately is why I would take him.

Round 6 (From WAS): Colin Peek - Tight End - Alabama
Why? Anthony Fasano and Joey Haynos aren't great tight ends, but they are good enough for right now. In the long run, that's not what I want though. Draft Peek and give him a chance to compete for the starting job. See what he can do.

Round 6: Josh Hull - Inside Linebacker - Penn State
Why? Dansby and Crowder need some depth behind them. Why not give Josh Hull a shot and see if he can make the roster?

Round 7(From KC): Josh Pinkard - Safety - USC
Why? The safety position was not a bright spot for the Dolphins in 2009. Might as well bring in a young player to compete with Clemons. These late round picks are crap shoots anyways.

Round 7: Ryan Stamper - Outside Linebacker - Florida
Why? Miami needs young depth at OLB. Ryan Stamper will provide that.

Overview:
I think the draft may have been a little bit of a pipe dream, but it could happen. Other than that, I think this is pretty reasonable. Although that is just me being biased. It's up to you guys to decide how realstic/unrealistic it is. Feel free to slam me for my draft, I really don't know much about college football. Thanks for reading!

:thanks:

I'd take Cody off any lists until he shows the will to be a NFL player.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ountainous-cody-too-fat-for-the-dolphins.html

There's a reason Mayock has him not even listed as one of the top 5 DT's. The picture in this article of Cody is terrible to be nice about it.:facepalm:

I doubt Kansas City reaches at the #5 spot.

Pioli picked Tyson Jackson at #3 and Jerod Mayo at #10. Logan Mankins at #30 was conisdered a bit high as well. i think Pioli will take whomever he likes. if that's McClain, he's going to be the pick, regardless of better "value" being available or not.

I'm not sure where everyone gets it being a foregone conclusion that Washington takes a QB....Shannahan is smart enough to know better than to try and stick a rook behind that O-line they have in Washington....I could easily see them going for an O-tackle.

Terrance Cody isn't making it outta the first.

Mr. Cody weighed in at a whopping 370 lbs at the Senior Bowl and was noted for looking like the reincarnation of the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man. Unless he can shed some pounds in the next month or so he's looking at a free fall.

Does NG Cody make it to round 2?

It doesn't matter if he makes it to the last round of the draft, IMO. I watched Bama several times this year just so I could watch Cody and other then being a big fat man that takes up space, he demostrated no outstanding abilites in my book that would make him worth the risk.

If my defensive line in a 3 - 4 has 40 - 50 tackles then I'm pretty happy with that because that means you have to be shutting down the run game. I'm perfectly fine with the opponent's running backs not even making it to my linebackers.

Makes you wonder how good Wilfork is when in his last game he had 13 tackles.

Definitely don't want Cody now... Wasn't aware that he was 370.

Buyer Beware, when you see something like that. I posted that link as soon as I read it, because he showed up for his biggest job interview of his career and wasn't prepared. Throw in the fact he had big question marks to begin with....and it has all the makings of bust.

Pioli picked Tyson Jackson at #3 and Jerod Mayo at #10. Logan Mankins at #30 was conisdered a bit high as well. i think Pioli will take whomever he likes. if that's McClain, he's going to be the pick, regardless of better "value" being available or not.

You do raise a fine point. I think Pioli is all about taking the guy that fits his system best. In my opinion, Russell Okung is that guy.

When did this happen? According the the site I used for my information, he was going to be a free agent.

Allen signed a 3 year extension prior to last season.

Also, I thought Mount Cody's stock was dropping when he weighed in at 370 dripping fat at the senior bowl? I heard somewhere they like Cam Thomas and Jared Odrick.

Back
Top Bottom