If Jay Ajayi gets hurt, our RB situation is a mess. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jay Ajayi gets hurt, our RB situation is a mess.

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
Jay Ajayi is our only everydown, bellcow RB who can carry the load, and consistently run between the tackles with power.

Our other running backs are complementary pieces, at best. Damien Williams, Kenyan Drake, Daniel Thomas, Isaiah Pead.

This is why the Kenyan Drake draft pick bothered me so much. There were plenty of everydown bellcow RBs left on the board. I would have preferred Devontae Booker, C.J. Prosise, Kenneth Dixon, Jordan Howard.

Not once Drake starts looking like Reggie Bush... with a little less agility of course.

Jordan Howard won't fit Gase style of offense he isn't 1 cut type of back & I am sure Gase liked what he saw from Ajayi + Ajayi isn't known for being injury prone.

There will be more cuts in June for RB depth.

Jay Ajayi is our only everydown, bellcow RB who can carry the load, and consistently run between the tackles with power.

Our other running backs are complementary pieces, at best. Damien Williams, Kenyan Drake, Daniel Thomas, Isaiah Pead.

This is why the Kenyan Drake draft pick bothered me so much. There were plenty of everydown bellcow RBs left on the board. I would have preferred Devontae Booker, C.J. Prosise, Kenneth Dixon, Jordan Howard.

Devontae Booker yes, the other guys would not have been much of an upgrade anyway.

I liked Dixon and Drake, as well as a few others that were drafted later. I'll root for Drake to come through and prove a lot of fans wrong.

Lets keep our fingers crossed this Sunday that he makes it out ok....

I wouldn't look pass signing Arian Foster either. Foster behind our line would be wild. That is if he's healthy.

Ajayi isn't known for being injury prone.

Ajayi missed several games last year because of injury. And he has a big question mark about his knee cartilage, which is why he fell in the draft.

Patience Grasshopper! We're not done shaping this roster. After the cuts we'll find the right guy. I think Drake, Caroo and Grant will be electric. Tannehill really has tons of weaponry and with Gase moving the pieces around finding mismatches it's going to be a very explosive offense. Tunsil finally solves our o-line weakness so this offense should put up points. I'm concerned about the D and I think we might be looking at some shootouts.

People worry to much about 'if's'. Also, the season doesnt start tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom