If Jay Ajayi gets hurt, our RB situation is a mess. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jay Ajayi gets hurt, our RB situation is a mess.

That 5 foot receiver will get some carries also. I like what the Dolphins did. Especially since next year is a good RB draft

People worry to much about 'if's'. Also, the season doesnt start tomorrow.

I wish it did. What am I to do for 90 day? NBA playoffs first, then the NBA draft and the olympics. Maybe that will get me through the dead season.

I think they will look to add a veteran after some cuts are made and I am sure Foster will get a good hard look.

I wish it did. What am I to do for 90 day? NBA playoffs first, then the NBA draft and the olympics. Maybe that will get me through the dead season.

I hear ya.....i can't stand the boring NBA and i can only stomach baseball in small doses.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

People worry to much about 'if's'. Also, the season doesnt start tomorrow.

I think you have to. It's the NFL....guys get dinged all the time, especially at the RB position. You need quality depth.

If Tanny...moore ...thomas get hurt...we will start a 7th rd rookie!

Jay Ajayi is our only everydown, bellcow RB who can carry the load, and consistently run between the tackles with power.

Our other running backs are complementary pieces, at best. Damien Williams, Kenyan Drake, Daniel Thomas, Isaiah Pead.

This is why the Kenyan Drake draft pick bothered me so much. There were plenty of everydown bellcow RBs left on the board. I would have preferred Devontae Booker, C.J. Prosise, Kenneth Dixon, Jordan Howard.

If one goes through life worrying about what may happen you'll never enjoy what is happening

Player
Position
Note
Marion Grice RB 24 ARI Roster Cut
Robert Hughes RB 27 ARI Roster Cut
Anthony Dixon RB 28 BUF
Luke Lundy RB 28 CLE
Michael Hill RB 27 DAL Roster Cut
Joique Bell RB 30 DET Roster Cut
Arian Foster RB 30 HOU Roster Cut
Chris Polk RB 26 HOU
Ahmad Bradshaw RB 30 IND
Dan Herron RB 27 IND
Bernard Pierce RB 26 JAX
Toby Gerhart RB 29 JAX
Chase Reynolds RB 28 LA
Jahwan Edwards RB 24 MIA Roster Cut
Montee Ball RB 25 NE
Steven R. Jackson RB 33 NE
Kendall Hunter RB 27 NO
Matthew Tucker RB 25 PHI Roster Cut
Bryce Brown RB 25 SEA
Fred Jackson RB 35 SEA
Reggie Bush RB 31 SF
Pierre Thomas RB 31 WAS

List of available running backs.

And remember this list will grow, finding guys who can handle some carries won't be hard to find. Lots of solid options here.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Player
Position
Note
Marion Grice RB 24 ARI Roster Cut
Robert Hughes RB 27 ARI Roster Cut
Anthony Dixon RB 28 BUF
Luke Lundy RB 28 CLE
Michael Hill RB 27 DAL Roster Cut
Joique Bell RB 30 DET Roster Cut
Arian Foster RB 30 HOU Roster Cut
Chris Polk RB 26 HOU
Ahmad Bradshaw RB 30 IND
Dan Herron RB 27 IND
Bernard Pierce RB 26 JAX
Toby Gerhart RB 29 JAX
Chase Reynolds RB 28 LA
Jahwan Edwards RB 24 MIA Roster Cut
Montee Ball RB 25 NE
Steven R. Jackson RB 33 NE
Kendall Hunter RB 27 NO
Matthew Tucker RB 25 PHI Roster Cut
Bryce Brown RB 25 SEA
Fred Jackson RB 35 SEA
Reggie Bush RB 31 SF
Pierre Thomas RB 31 WAS

List of available running backs.

And remember this list will grow, finding guys who can handle some carries won't be hard to find. Lots of solid options here.

Maybe we still sign Arian foster and go with Ajayi, foster, drake let the rest battle for the 4 spot

I think the team is ok with the thought of Williams as the fourth back, just need to find someone to challenge Thomas for the power back role. If Bobbie Dixon doesn't resign with the Bills maybe he's an option.

Running back by committee, we will be fine.

IF, BIG IF, we do not get down BIG in games and become predictable, teams will be in their nickel and dime formations trying to defend Landry, Parker, Stills (or Carroo), and Cameron.

Despite the lack of production last year from all but Landry, these guys will be a problem with Gase's scheme.

Spread them out, and even Daniel Thomas can get 80-90 yards a game.

Fortunately for us, I don't think DT makes the team. I hope that he and Williams get cut eventually and we roll with Ajayi, Drake, and a yet to be named 5'9" 225lb bowling-ball veteran.

Jay Ajayi is our only everydown, bellcow RB who can carry the load, and consistently run between the tackles with power.

Our other running backs are complementary pieces, at best. Damien Williams, Kenyan Drake, Daniel Thomas, Isaiah Pead.

This is why the Kenyan Drake draft pick bothered me so much. There were plenty of everydown bellcow RBs left on the board. I would have preferred Devontae Booker, C.J. Prosise, Kenneth Dixon, Jordan Howard.

True, scary situation

Back
Top Bottom