If Jay Ajayi gets hurt, our RB situation is a mess. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Jay Ajayi gets hurt, our RB situation is a mess.

Running back is least of problems, like previous posters say, rbs can be had almost anytime one is needed.

It's pretty clear they wanted to draft someone with a Miller type skillset, which is good, because that's what I was hoping for and that's what complements Ajayi. I was very worried they would draft someone who would be kind of redundant with Ajayi and not add the dimension we're losing with Miller. Our third running back may not even be on the roster until after training camp. That's the way it goes, you can't fix everything in a draft. I'm just glad that we look to have a complementary 1 and 2.

Running back by committee, we will be fine.

IF, BIG IF, we do not get down BIG in games and become predictable, teams will be in their nickel and dime formations trying to defend Landry, Parker, Stills (or Carroo), and Cameron.

Despite the lack of production last year from all but Landry, these guys will be a problem with Gase's scheme.

Spread them out, and even Daniel Thomas can get 80-90 yards a game.

Fortunately for us, I don't think DT makes the team. I hope that he and Williams get cut eventually and we roll with Ajayi, Drake, and a yet to be named 5'9" 225lb bowling-ball veteran.

If we have that kind of offense, we'll be in the playoffs. It would be wise not to count on it, though, and get someone who can run apart from Ayjay.

Running back is least of problems, like previous posters say, rbs can be had almost anytime one is needed.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. It's easier to find a competent RB committee than to fill other gaps, but it's not like you can sign one anytime you want.

Back
Top Bottom