If Josh Rosen were in the 2020 Draft...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Josh Rosen were in the 2020 Draft......

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Of course we are all disappointed in little used performance to date however where do you think his demand would be if he were coming out this year assuming a clean slate???

Of course we are all disappointed in little used performance to date however where do you think his demand would be if he were coming out this year assuming a clean slate???

Probably evaluated behind Herbert, but ahead of everyone else. He’d still go first round, though.

The Rosen we’ve seen the last 2 years would be a late round pick, though.

He has the mechanics just missing the between the ears part. Overly analytical thus slow to process and make decisions. He thinks too much, overthinks and doesn't react quickly enough basically...

If you thought he was worth a 1st rd pick a few years ago, nothing to date has changed that.

And if you thought he was a 3rd day talent, he has done nothing at the Pro level to move you off that opinion or assessment.

He'd probably go 1st overall if the XFL had a draft...I kid I kid.

source.gif

Burrow and Tua would still lead the pack. I'd put Rosen right there Herbert. Rosen does a lot of things really well. One day when he's surrounded with the right pieces he'll be a quality starter in the NFL. He has top notch mechanics and now he's been in a NFL training camp for a long time so he's stronger than ever. Remember Brady got stronger once he got to the NFL. Put the kid down all you want. If he was traded to the Patriots you'd fear him before long. I'm for keeping him and seeing what develops with Gailey's offense.

Yeah but Rosen needs to find a team that could meet his needs!

So from what Flores says, it's Rosen's work ethic holding him back? If that's not it, then why not put more time into him. I'm not against Rosen, I'm just wondering why Flores isn't giving him more opportunity

Rosen would most likely be a late 1st round pick. He would be rated somewhere between Herbert and Love.

I know people like to knock Rosen, but I don’t think his career is anywhere near over. He had arguably the weirdest start to a career any 1st round pick QB has faced. Despite his struggles, he just turned 23 (the same age as Joe Burrow) in February. He might never be “the guy” in Miami, but I don’t think that means he wouldn’t get a chance to compete somewhere else down the road.

So from what Flores says, it's Rosen's work ethic holding him back? If that's not it, then why not put more time into him. I'm not against Rosen, I'm just wondering why Flores isn't giving him more opportunity
Flores has sung many praises Josh's way and vice versa. Genuinely last season Flores have him every opportunity to win the job. Then even committed to having him finish the season as the starter. Eventually Flores was at a crossroad. And he chose the savvy bearded veteran to take the reigns. As he should have. He wanted to build a culture and it's hard to do that when you know the best chance to win is on the bench. Now that we are finally through the secenth circle of hell that was 2019, we are adding talent. Most importantly protection up front. Something Rosen hasn't had since he entered the league. While I don't see him taking a meteoric rise going into 2020 , I do think he'll improve and be very active in the competition for starting QB. He'll have another opportunity.

Id still call him undraftable, him and Darnold and Allen. Id have no use for them on a rookie contract.

Rosen would most likely be a late 1st round pick. He would be rated somewhere between Herbert and Love.

I know people like to knock Rosen, but I don’t think his career is anywhere near over. He had arguably the weirdest start to a career any 1st round pick QB has faced. Despite his struggles, he just turned 23 (the same age as Joe Burrow) in February. He might never be “the guy” in Miami, but I don’t think that means he wouldn’t get a chance to compete somewhere else down the road.
Most of the weirdness to the start of his career is of his own doing. He hasn't produced at an acceptable level when he has been given his opportunities.

Back
Top Bottom