If Josh Rosen were in the 2020 Draft...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Josh Rosen were in the 2020 Draft......

You guys are being biased because he hasn't had success. Without Bias, if he were coming out of college in 2020 , I think he'd be behind Tua and Burrow. Maybe 3rd or 4th best qb.

If Mahomes was coming out now, I bet most of you would say you would draft him ahead of Burrow and Tua. Mahomes was not a top prospect out of college. He did excellent but there is a reason he didn't go #1.

He was considered a first round pick coming out of college and he would be considered a first round pick in this draft if he was coming out of college this year.
Many opinions are clouded by the fact he has had no success in his two years in the league but we have no idea how the QB’s drafted in the first round this year will be viewed after their first two years in the NFL.

Over 50 percent of QB’s drafted in the first round fail to ever become long time starters in the NFL and in hindsight it is always easy to say those QB‘s should not have been first round picks to begin with. Yet they were selected in the first round because of their college careers and the thought that they had the potential
to develop even more once they entered the NFL.

So if Rosen was entering the draft this year and he was viewed the same way he was going into the 2018 draft, I have no doubt he would still be a first round selection.

Most of the weirdness to the start of his career is of his own doing. He hasn't produced at an acceptable level when he has been given his opportunities.

I feel that people willfully forget his opportunities came on two teams with first year coaching staffs and severely depleted rosters. There was a point in his rookie season where every single starting OL was injured and they were literally flying guys in to start that were sitting at home on the couch the previous week. They had some crazy number like 13 OL on injured reserve by the end of the season. People forget that our team looked so terrible at the start of the year that Fitzpatrick lost his job to Rosen. Two of the games he played in could have been winnable, but receivers were dropping literally everything he threw.

I would argue that he was placed in a position where he would most likely fail (twice) and he did. I’m not sure what people really expect when you do that to a 21/22 year old kid. I think people don’t really understand how few QBs in the NFL could have won 5 games with our roster last year. Most of the young QBs everyone is infatuated with would have looked just as bad as Rosen out there with our OL that was literally guys who didn’t make other team’s practice squads. Fitzpatrick quietly played some of the best football in his entire career the last few weeks of the season (he was almost perfect vs NE week 17).

So from what Flores says, it's Rosen's work ethic holding him back? If that's not it, then why not put more time into him. I'm not against Rosen, I'm just wondering why Flores isn't giving him more opportunity
I agree with this. I would have played him more last year to see what we have. If we had done that, we would likely know more about Rosen and be at pick 2-4.

I feel that people willfully forget his opportunities came on two teams with first year coaching staffs and severely depleted rosters. There was a point in his rookie season where every single starting OL was injured and they were literally flying guys in to start that were sitting at home on the couch the previous week. They had some crazy number like 13 OL on injured reserve by the end of the season. People forget that our team looked so terrible at the start of the year that Fitzpatrick lost his job to Rosen. Two of the games he played in could have been winnable, but receivers were dropping literally everything he threw.

I would argue that he was placed in a position where he would most likely fail (twice) and he did. I’m not sure what people really expect when you do that to a 21/22 year old kid. I think people don’t really understand how few QBs in the NFL could have won 5 games with our roster last year. Most of the young QBs everyone is infatuated with would have looked just as bad as Rosen out there with our OL that was literally guys who didn’t make other team’s practice squads. Fitzpatrick quietly played some of the best football in his entire career the last few weeks of the season (he was almost perfect vs NE week 17).
What was expected was for him to show flashes and signs of improvement and he did neither. On top, of that the coaching staff didn't care for his demeanor. The amount of hope so many place in Josh Rosen is irrational and unwarranted at this point. He is a complete afterthought for this franchise.

I sure as hell aint being biased. i never liked him coming out of UCLA. something about him rubbed me the wrong way.

It was mentioned that they would like him to be more in charge of the huddle, and more of a positive force personality wise, he seems to be more quiet than they wanted for a leader of the Offense. It also should be pointed out the Darnold and Allen were starters last year.

It was mentioned that they would like him to be more in charge of the huddle, and more of a positive force personality wise, he seems to be more quiet than they wanted for a leader of the Offense. It also should be pointed out the Darnold and Allen were starters last year.

Yup ... and Rosen beat them both in college .... twice ... beat like a drum

Probably evaluated behind Herbert, but ahead of everyone else. He’d still go first round, though.

The Rosen we’ve seen the last 2 years would be a late round pick, though.
About even with Herbert with a clean slate. Based on what we know now I would put him as a 4th rounder at about the same as Anthony Gordon.

I believe that was when the Dolphins were scrimmaging against the Bucs.

Back
Top Bottom