If Kyle Trask is there in the second round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Kyle Trask is there in the second round

miamolina

Active Roster
Reaction score
No one is talking much about Trask, but I believe he has first round talent. Should Miami pick him up to push Tua? He already has a stronger arm, plus he had a great year at Florida last year. He could be a great value pick if he's there in the second round.

6'5" 240lbs. Great size and height.
Comp. 69%, 4,283 yards passing, 43 TD's, 8 INT's, in 12 games last year.

I just did a mock and got Trask. I think he's a little bit overlooked with all the Lawrence, Wilson and Fields hoopla. I'm a fan of his game.

I like the idea of a mid-round quarterback to groom behind Tua.

I know some fans want Miami to draft Wilson or Fields, but I'm in the building talent around Tua camp. I believe he as what it takes and that premium pick could be used on a player who could help Tua reach his potential.

That said, Ive always been concerned about Tua's injury history. Hopefully, it won't be an issue in the NFL. But having a solid backup just makes sense.

As to Trask, I really like him. Mills in the 3rd round could be a nice pickup for Miami as well and maybe a more likely scenario.

Last edited:
I've taken him in a number of mocks, generally in the third, though honestly, I think he goes before that.

No one is talking much about Trask, but I believe he has first round talent. Should Miami pick him up to push Tua? He already has a stronger arm, plus he had a great year at Florida last year. He could be a great value pick if he's there in the second round.

6'5" 240lbs. Great size and height.
Comp. 69%, 4,283 yards passing, 43 TD's, 8 INT's, in 12 games last year.
Honestly, if we trade back and end up with 5 picks in the first 2 rounds, I wouldn’t be opposed to it.

Don't think I would use a 2nd on him, but if he falls to the third, there is definitely a case for it. Still don't think it happens with the Brissett signing. Flores wants a veteran backup as he has shown and I cant imagine we will be carrying 3 QBs on gameday.

I like Trask, but it feels like a wasted pick if the FO is committed to Tua. Obviously we have tons of picks and maybe he could be BPA.

Just think we could put that 2nd or 3rd round pick to a more immediate need.

A developmental QB would be a good use of an earlier day 3 pick. If Kellen Mond makes it to #123, that's where I would go.

Back
Top Bottom