If Kyle Trask is there in the second round | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Kyle Trask is there in the second round

I guess this will never end. Why do people want to draft back ups in the 1st two rounds?
I actually harbored value a good backup qb. I remember the year ray Lucas had to go in and it was always something I noted. The issue is backup qbs are over valued because the qb position is a little dry right now. So everyone is trying to snag the next best thing.

I mean Jimmy g, Mike Glennon are some examples. Overall I think Trask is an interesting prospect. 15 years ago he would be a first rounder but because of his lack of athletic abilities people knock on him. I'm not spending a 2nd rounder and ignoring bigger issues to get him though.

In my backup I want a Charlie batch or Matt Moore kind of guy. They study, prepare and when they get called on they are comfortable enough to get you through a few games. People either value guys like chase daniel or a rookie because they know the name but don't acknowledge the actual ability as a player

I actually harbored value a good backup qb. I remember the year ray Lucas had to go in and it was always something I noted. The issue is backup qbs are over valued because the qb position is a little dry right now. So everyone is trying to snag the next best thing.

I mean Jimmy g, Mike Glennon are some examples. Overall I think Trask is an interesting prospect. 15 years ago he would be a first rounder but because of his lack of athletic abilities people knock on him. I'm not spending a 2nd rounder and ignoring bigger issues to get him though.

In my backup I want a Charlie batch or Matt Moore kind of guy. They study, prepare and when they get called on they are comfortable enough to get you through a few games. People either value guys like chase daniel or a rookie because they know the name but don't acknowledge the actual ability as a player
but right now Trask would be the 3rd string at best and teams don't carry 3 QB's anymore.

No no no no no no no no no no NO NO NO...

we can’t be wasting any second round picks even if we have six of them from trades. We have more slots to fill than we have first and second round picks and QB sir is not one of them. We actually have a back up too so, no

No way. Ppl say tua has a weak arm ( which I don't agree with) but this dude is Chad pennington weak. Great anticipation but not a starter

No one is talking much about Trask, but I believe he has first round talent. Should Miami pick him up to push Tua? He already has a stronger arm, plus he had a great year at Florida last year. He could be a great value pick if he's there in the second round.

6'5" 240lbs. Great size and height.
Comp. 69%, 4,283 yards passing, 43 TD's, 8 INT's, in 12 games last year.
Absolutely not! Trask is another Jake Frohmm who went what 4th round? last year, and this draft is deeper than last years. Kellen Mond on day 3 is a better option than Trask

I think Brissett is young enough to be the guy for a couple of years if Tua sucks or gets hurt. If Tua fails this year then we draft a QB next season and Brisset is still here to mentor the QB we draft next season.
I want Tua being 'pushed' by a veteran, not a guy who will be even more raw and develop slower because he's only getting 3rd string minutes. If Tua bombs out, we'll be able to reverse course next year. But, if Tua fails or gets knocked out for the year in the first 6 weeks, then I want us to suck bad enough to draft high in 2022 to correct the 2020 mistake (IF it's a mistake).
This 2021 season is either 'compete hard for the Super Bowl', or suck bad enough to draft high in 2022. Screw anything in-between these options.

If Miami is having a good year and Tua gets knocked out for 2-3 games, or out for the year in December, then I want Brissett to be able to win us games to keep us in the hunt.

Reactions: BSQ
To me Trask has a decent chance to be drafted by the Patriots. He fits their mold, has some potential, but isn't really on most teams' radar. The other guy I think teams are higher on than fans is Mond of Texas A&M. Mond will likely be drafted higher than most expect.

Back
Top Bottom