If Kyle Trask is there in the second round | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Kyle Trask is there in the second round

As a backup plan why not, you can never have enough good QBs. If he’s there at our 3rd round pick they should, the kid has talent.

This is my line of thinking. No way should Miami waste one of their first 4 picks, but if Trask is still there when Miami picks in the 3rd, how can Miami not take him.

The Patriots used to take quality young QBs in the 2nd and beyond with Brady there, so taking Trask is not an indication the staff has no faith in Tua, it just means another quality arm behind Tua as an insurance policy, if Tua is lighting it up, but Trask proves to also be the real deal, another team will offer a high draft pick later on.

but right now Trask would be the 3rd string at best and teams don't carry 3 QB's anymore.
Exactly. But I'm not the one suggesting the idea in the first place. Brissett isn't an exciting player but for a few years he could definitely be our guy. And as the years pass we pick and sign more qbs and have them compete with jacoby for number 2.

I think the back up qb spot is important and should always be up for grabs. I don't want a situation where you got chase Daniel or colt Mccoy coming in when their only accomplishments are that they are nice guys who know the system. You should always be evaluating that position and not letting some veteran just collect a check. Remember when hoyer played against us, I mean that's the situation you don't want

Now we want to give up a second rounder for a bench player - Yah I am all hey et’s draft QBs every other round??

Gator fan boy here :) Trask's value is 3rd round and below and he will be at the very best a competent back up at the NFL level. Mullen did wonders with the kid, he also had some outstanding talent to throw to in Pitts, Toney, Grimes and a couple of really good TE's that will shine next year. He's a very intelligent QB, sees the whole field and mostly makes the right reads. He's about as athletic as Tom Brady's grandma and although generally he's pretty accurate, he can have moments like in the bowl game against Oklahoma where you think WTF.

If we were in the market for a young back up, looking to develop (which we are not), then I would consider him, but he's a very low ceiling kind of guy.

Next year is time to draft a rookie backup if Tua shines this year if he does not then that's why it's important we trade that 3 rd for another first next year as insurance for possibly spending a 1st on another QB. IMO.

Trask has a long throwing motion and relatively ordinary arm, not great NFL traiits.

He's a backup at the next level due his arm and the fins recently signed one so it would be a wasted pick.

No one is talking much about Trask, but I believe he has first round talent. Should Miami pick him up to push Tua? He already has a stronger arm, plus he had a great year at Florida last year. He could be a great value pick if he's there in the second round.

6'5" 240lbs. Great size and height.
Comp. 69%, 4,283 yards passing, 43 TD's, 8 INT's, in 12 games last year.
They have too many holes on the team to waste a second round pick on a QB. Trask will likely end up being a career backup in the NFL but it won’t be with the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom